+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugged - Temporary Autonomous Zone Quest

Default Bugged - Temporary Autonomous Zone Quest

I've been trying to figure out the most effective way to word this post for nearly two hours now and I've concluded that I've been overthinking it. So here goes.

I had this quest this morning (4/19/18) called "Temporary Autonomous Zone" and everything went well until the very end where I had to turn it in to an NPC named "Veist."

Veist showed up for about two seconds before vanishing. After he vanished I couldn't find him anywhere to turn in the quest for completion. I went to EVERY point on the map in all explored zones (I'm only level 68 at the moment) that showed where Veist might be and nothing.

So I did an online search for this quest and found very little. In fact the ONLY thing I found was a single result that showed this exact issue from back in 2016 when Starfall Prophecy launched. The Trion response was to shard hop multiple times and if that didn't work submit a ticket.

So,...I shard hopped to every shard and even logged out and back in again with no change. Veist showed on my minimap but not in the world. So I decided to check with Rift Support to see what was offered there.

While searching Support I found a "solution" that stated to abandon the quest and try again. So that's what I did. And now I seem to be completely boned since I cannot find nor can I remember where to re-pick up this quest so that I can give it another go.

So,...could someone from Trion please tell me exactly where I need to go (coords/ zone) to reacquire this quest? And if by abandoning it I am somehow "locked" from reacquiring it would someone from Trion please reset whatever needs resetting so that I can get this quest again and try to complete it again?

Character: Arthritis
    Shard: Wolfsbane

My Patron expires tomorrow and I would like to complete this before then if I can so I can take full advantage of that status.

Thank you.

UPDATE (4/19/18)

I gave looking for this quest another shot this evening and was able to find it again. It was in the exact spot where this Veist NPC originally disappeared. Looks like someone at Trion reset this for me. Thank you for that.

I have now completed the quest "Temporary Autonomous Zone" and have picked up the next quest in the chain "Way of the Warrior."

Thank you again for resetting this for me, assuming that that is what happened.

+ Reply to Thread