+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: kicking AFK

Soulwalker

Default kicking AFK

Why is there no way to kick AFK players out of an AI. Reporting them does nothing. With a full raid that is a spot a real player could occupy. I have been in numerous AI raids with one particular player and they never leave where they port in. They are obviously getting rewards for doing nothing. Quite an insult to those they leech off of.

I agree. I thought you used to be able to, but it was so long ago. I wish we could kick them too, to be honest. Alot of people ( usually the ones doing the afk ) have said what's the problem. Like you, it is a problem. Especially when you have several who are afk & ya'll are trying to get things done as quickly as possible & just move on to the next quest. Maybe they removed that feature because some group leaders were abusing it?

Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Faeblight by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    I agree. I thought you used to be able to, but it was so long ago. I wish we could kick them too, to be honest. Alot of people ( usually the ones doing the afk ) have said what's the problem. Like you, it is a problem. Especially when you have several who are afk & ya'll are trying to get things done as quickly as possible & just move on to the next quest. Maybe they removed that feature because some group leaders were abusing it?

In addition the mobs and requirements scale according to group size. I know one player (who most know as a Leecher) always afk's in IA be it event or celestial
    Have you ever wanted to?

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Yep, truth is that people would abuse the /kick functionality.

There is a system to avoid giving the true AFK people any benefit, but if they are active at all, they can bypass it. There is only so much a game system can do, and the rest is up to people behaving like responsible members of a party. Unfortunately, some folks just aren't, and their reputations do follow them.

Brasse

Champion

Maybe the IA LFG tool can respect ignore lists like the dungeon finder does. That would stop this sort of thing in a hurry. On the other hand, that would lead to rather large queues given the size of the player population....

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Yep, truth is that people would abuse the /kick functionality.

There is a system to avoid giving the true AFK people any benefit, but if they are active at all, they can bypass it. There is only so much a game system can do, and the rest is up to people behaving like responsible members of a party. Unfortunately, some folks just aren't, and their reputations do follow them.

Brasse
    Ya sad a lot do not it seems, they can be seen standing and healing themselves or just casting buffs over and over
    Have you ever wanted to?

+ Reply to Thread