+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Egbert

Thread: Rift store prices for Patrons

Default Rift store prices for Patrons

There is a severe problem with Rift Store pricing for Patrons.

Having allowed my Patron status to elapse for a little while, I was helping a fellow dimensioneer find a common item in the Dimensions section of the Rift Store. Building Modules, Accessories category, "Wood Corner Post". On my screen, this item is listed with a price of 1 Credit. Below the price is a ghosted "0 for Patrons". When my fellow dimensioneer, whose Patron status is intact, examined the same item in the Rift Store, the displayed price was still 1 Credit, but of course the annotation about free items for patrons is nowhere to be seen. This is not an isolated case in the Rift Store, after some very cursory examination. Which dispels the notion that this is a Rift Store pricing "glitch". To the suspicious among us, including myself, it appears to be a "Bait and Switch" tactic being played by Trion. Please examine the Patron pricing THROUGHOUT the entire Rift Store and fulfill your advertising promises made to non-patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
    There is a severe problem with Rift Store pricing for Patrons.

Having allowed my Patron status to elapse for a little while, I was helping a fellow dimensioneer find a common item in the Dimensions section of the Rift Store. Building Modules, Accessories category, "Wood Corner Post". On my screen, this item is listed with a price of 1 Credit. Below the price is a ghosted "0 for Patrons". When my fellow dimensioneer, whose Patron status is intact, examined the same item in the Rift Store, the displayed price was still 1 Credit, but of course the annotation about free items for patrons is nowhere to be seen. This is not an isolated case in the Rift Store, after some very cursory examination. Which dispels the notion that this is a Rift Store pricing "glitch". To the suspicious among us, including myself, it appears to be a "Bait and Switch" tactic being played by Trion. Please examine the Patron pricing THROUGHOUT the entire Rift Store and fulfill your advertising promises made to non-patrons.
    Yes very interesting plz respond and let us know ty

Patron gets 10% discount on credit based purchases in rift store.

1 credit -10% is 0,9 credits For non patron, the whole number is shown, not the number after the ,

hence, non patron will see 0

patron will still see the 1, because 0,9 rounded is still 1.

I do not know if buying a bigger number of items will count the 10% discount.

Best explanation I can give.. since I've yet to see a half credit price as well in store.

That sounds plausible. Truncation error. It's irrelevant, however. The end result is misleading advertising.

+ Reply to Thread