+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 48 Warlord Buff Bug.

Default Level 48 Warlord Buff Bug.

The level 48 Warlord buff Tactical Surge does not seem to work. I'm doing the same amount of damage as I was when I was level 47. I feel cheated working this hard to hit level 48 for that buff and it does nothing. Please look into this!!!

Atomix - Rogue
    Paradox - Warrior

How, exactly, did you determine that it does not work? Have you cast Tactical Surge? It sounds like you might think it is a passive - it is not.

Tactical surge is a passive that is cast after a warlord finisher. I'm hitting the same as I was at level 47.

Atomix - Rogue
    Paradox - Warrior

Telaran

can someone confirm that? Im not 48 yet. Those 20% would really be appreciated
    Khamet@Brutwacht
    <VANEN>

Rift Master

I don't recall it beeing broken from before on live, but i'm not that high lvl on Prime to test it out myself.

Two things though that come to mind:

- are you perhaps beeing mentored when you tried it? I'm asking becuase the mentoring hard caps you and a lot of buffs will simply do nothing (even says so in red text on the buff if you hover over it).

- the other thing is, that the buff falls into "player active buffs" category and is thus additive with other buffs in this category. There may not be many, but for example the buff to PT/WoS is. So in the end it's not a 20% dmg increase but less, depending on the ammount of such buffs and like in example on some skills having biger bonuses.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-30-2018 at 09:25 AM.

During the time I was testing this buff I was not mentored and was in Shimmersand fighting the same mobs I was at level 47. The buff would proc when I used a finisher but my dps never changed from 47 to 48. At level 47 I was doing 700-750 dps on a single target. At level 48 I attacked the same mob doing 700-750 dps single target with Tactical surge active. There was no change so I don't feel as though it is working.

Atomix - Rogue
    Paradox - Warrior

Rift Master

Finally got to lvl 48 on my warrior on Prime. Went to try this out and the skill seems to be working fine for me. Maybe even doing a bit more dmg than expected, but i haven't gone into details though.

I did find a funny thing. Or maybe not so funny, depending on how you look at it. I did some parses with a few specs on lvl 25 dummy in my dimension. What i've noticed was that at lvl 48 i was doing less dps than when i was lvl 41!

I'm guessing it has something to do with the global damage modifier on Prime. And probably also the reason why you're not seeing a dmg increase from lvl 47 to lvl 48. Sadly i didn't test my dps at lvl 47 to compare it.

Kinda demoralizing when your character is getting stronger gear, more talent points to spend and skills, but then you end up doing less dps than a few level behind.

+ Reply to Thread