+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RoughRaptors

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ascend A Friend Summon

Soulwalker

Default Ascend A Friend Summon

I am coming here because no one will answer my CS ticket. My ascend a friend summon no longer works.

This is suppose to work between the two people who are connected through ascend-a-friend. Are you trying to summon a person who is on that list?
    There is also a cool-down on it, i believe.
    Also, I believe, you can opt out of being that person's friend. (I believe this is true via proper chain)!
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Telaran

it is shard bound, so you both have to be from the same home-shard.
    it only works if the ascend-a-friend link is still activated. So if your friend put in a request with CS to unlink, it will no longer work.
    There is a cooldown on the summon.
    It will not work if you try to summon to a dimension
    it will not work when you are in combat

That being said...

I just noticed the option is removed, as well as from selecting through portrait as in the friends list..

probably with the patch update, where they *fixed* something to keep ascended friends from being automatically added to the friends list.

Soulwalker

I am not trying to be rude. But I have been using ascend a friend summon for many many years. I know how it works, no need to dumb it down for me. It is not working on two of my accounts. My third account works fine but I am silver tier loyalty and do not rely on ascend a friend on that account. Instead it is my summon through loyalty which is used and the two do not overlap one another, it is just the one summon.

They are all my accounts so I have not opted out of anything. Unless the system just did it to me.

It was working fine before this last patch and now it is not. It is not that the summon itself that is not working but the option is totally gone.
    Last edited by Lolli; 03-01-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Telaran

don't want to be rude..

but you started the thread, you noticed something was wrong.

we can only reply on what we read.. we do not know you or how long you have been working with this feature.

others who will look at this thread may be new, unaware of the specifics of this ability..
    so we give a summory of the rule set.

Next to that, I did check your mention of this feature/ability not working. And have come to the same conclusion.

So this is also a message to Trion.. to show we know what we are talking about, that we know the conditions/use of this ability.
    It is in no way meant as an insult to you, or an insinuation that you do not know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Yvette; 03-01-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Soulwalker

This was a bug report thread so my post was actually meant to be to trion. I did not go into specifics, it is in my CS report. I am just trying to get trion to look into it.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

I am going to revert the change that was made this week so AAF does not auto-populate your friends list. Sorry to anyone this negatively effects, but this should make summons work again.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I am going to revert the change that was made this week so AAF does not auto-populate your friends list. Sorry to anyone this negatively effects, but this should make summons work again.
    tyvm for fixing it.

Prophet of Telara

Is this related to no longer getting the Ascend a Friend XP boost when you're teamed with said friend(s)?
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    Is this related to no longer getting the Ascend a Friend XP boost when you're teamed with said friend(s)?
    I did not even notice that, but yeah I do not get that buff either now that you mention it.

I do not want to speak for a dev but I would imagine so. I know that you can not use ascend-a-friend summon unless the person is on your friends list. If you remove them from your FL you can not summon them unless you add them back on. I would assume the same would be true for the buff you receive for the bonuses.

Since this last patch dealt with removing the auto populating with people linked to ascend-a-friend and your FL that the trigger for these perks can not be established. And if the buff needs that association as well it would not work.

I am sure after they revert the changes it will all go back to normal.

Well assuming that it broke this week. I do not pay attention to that buff very well so I do not know if it has been broken longer. But if it quit working this week it's most likely it is because of the recent changes.
    Last edited by Lolli; 03-02-2018 at 12:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread