+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SonoMoenia

Thread: Controlled Blaze, IROTP

Soulwalker

Default Controlled Blaze, IROTP

Good evening,

In rhe last two weeks, I tried to realize the achievement of Controlled Blaze, on IROTP. To realize this achiev', if I understood correctly, you need to be the one at distance on the first boss of the raid. This way, you will avoid to damage other raid member with the Excitable Combustion.

I was the one at distance the last two weeks, and according to the dps meter, no one except me was damaged by the combustion. However, the achievement was not completed. Is it because I did something wrong, or is it because there is actually a bug?

Razorburn

I attempted this weekend also, Razorburn. Even though the achievement says "do no damage to other raid members" - I really think the damage to yourself is what preventing it from being completed. I tried to stop casting spells when hit with the fire, but travel time spell still hit and still damaged back to me so I did not get it either. If I remember correctly way back during the level 50 version, we had someone stand out for the achievement and they basically did nothing at all to make sure they did not cause damage with the Controlled Blaze. Good luck!

For doing this achievement let your archon go away only cast auras and do nothing rest of the fight, easiest and simplest way to do it, in other words let him afk.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

So it is a mistake on the traduction then... Okay, I'll try next week, thanks for your answers ! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmsford View Post
    Good evening,

In rhe last two weeks, I tried to realize the achievement of Controlled Blaze, on IROTP. To realize this achiev', if I understood correctly, you need to be the one at distance on the first boss of the raid. This way, you will avoid to damage other raid member with the Excitable Combustion.

I was the one at distance the last two weeks, and according to the dps meter, no one except me was damaged by the combustion. However, the achievement was not completed. Is it because I did something wrong, or is it because there is actually a bug?

Razorburn
    The boss will target the furthest person from him and cast it on him.. There will be a debuff on that person for like 5 secs, meaning you cannot cast any of your abilities during that time (not sure if it means damaging, healing, anything) but to be completely safe and do this effortlessly, set up the raid as follows:

Have a physician stand out of the group, or a Chon, as someone mentioned. I find it easier with a physician, but it doesn't really matter.

That person is simply standing out of the party and doing nothing most of the entire fight so combustion doesn't spread. If you use a physician, the only thing that person does is cast Life Insurance on the person trapped in molten. Cast it after 1/2 way through the cast. Combustion is not up during that! If the person is an archon, then like that other person's post mentioned, just have them cast lava, flaring and debuff the Boss, then, debuff the Large Volcanoes the raid burns down. Nothing more to be safe.

However, you could literally have any person stand out and turn their back from the boss and do nothing the entire fight - basically 9-manning it and you will the get this achievement!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

Soulwalker

So I guess, next time I'll do it, the boss will see my back throught the entire fight
    Thanks again !

+ Reply to Thread