+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By Yarrellii
  • 2 Post By Icarus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bastion Of Steel : Isiel : Vindicator Mk1

Rift Disciple

Default Bastion Of Steel : Isiel : Vindicator Mk1

- Time: Since release and frequently, for reasons discernible
    - Game Details: Bastion Of Steel : Vindicator MK1 becomes active early after going into hibernation at 60% and then does phase 1 abilities again, thus ruining the raid. happens far too often!
    - Expected Outcome: At 60% the Vindicator becomes inactive and the commander comes out as we transition into phase 2. The vindicator becomes active again when the commander reaches 85%.
    - Observed Outcome: At 60% the vindicator does the graphical elements but does not go inactive and phase 1 and phase 2 occur at the same time.
    - Repro Steps: unknown, do numerous pulls on the boss. rng?

this happens on around 20-40% of our pulls... really really annoying!

Shadowlander

pls fix this, time is alot waste on bug-pull
    |Riku@Gelidra|
    [Riku@Vigil]

Soulwalker

... or completely ignore us... at least you will do one thing we want

This has happened to my raid at least 20 times now. It is super annoying. Would be nice to see a fix soon.

Plane Touched

That together with the raid cds not resetting on death/wipe wastes so much times and gets super frustrating. FIX NEEDED ASAP.
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Gelidra
    Guild Website

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    - Game Details: Bastion Of Steel : Vindicator MK1 becomes active early after going into hibernation at 60% and then does phase 1 abilities again, thus ruining the raid. happens far too often!
    This bug has already been reported. However, I do not know whether it has also been noted by the Dev team. I have even posted a video to back-up the original bug report:

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    - Time: Since release and frequently, for reasons discernible
    We haven't had this issue at release. This only started in December for both of our guild groups.

I have a gut feeling that this bug is somehow related to the taunt timing. But we were not yet able to reproduce this behavior. (And to be honest - I also hope not to reproduce this bug whenever I start to pull. )

I've noticed it's happened most often with unfortunate timed taunts as well. Both directions and AoE.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-23-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

yeah we do not taunt within 3s of the boss going to transition, and we get away from the boss ASAP as soon as he transitions

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

I have unfortunately been unable to reproduce this issue, but I am creating a safeguard to hopefully prevent this. I've submitted the fix and hopefully after the next patch, you shouldn't see this issue anymore.

This happens if you transition him into the second phase while he's casting timed charge at the exact same time. IF you move away from vindicator after this happens before the purple aura goes up around him (the que to show he's in inactive) then he will instead keep chasing the tanks and remain active when commander pops out.

Standing Still and waiting until purple goes up is the only way to avoid him going active if you have bad luck with the timed charge / transition bug. Even then it seems to still go active every now and then regardless of what you do.

Without fail (we've wiped a little too much lately) he'll always go active while phase changing and casting timed charge at the same time.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 02-21-2018 at 03:45 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Ascendant

Can confirm having both tanks stand in the purple for a few seconds generally ensures this bug doesn't pop up.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

+ Reply to Thread