+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tacitus
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG REPORT] T2 Vend Helm Won't Upgrade

Default [BUG REPORT] T2 Vend Helm Won't Upgrade

Vendor*

I have all of the materials to upgrade the helm and I just purchased it right before this post, but when I click on upgrade it doesn't actually upgrade. It just closes the window and keeps the mats in my bag.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-10-2018 at 11:48 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

I've run into this a few times in the past year or so, things won't upgrade unless I open a crafting station, usually the one that would be used to craft the item in question if it was crafted. I'd try opening either the workbench or forge and see if it'll upgrade then.

Were the parts in your shared vault, or other bank? Have you tried relogging with them in your bags?

This was in the patch notes:
    * Fixed an issue that caused upgradeable items to not register their upgrade progress when removed from the Shared Vault.

So exact repro steps would help them a lot

The materials are in my bags. The only things that came out of my shared vault were the planar attuners used to upgrade the metal amenders. I relogged and closed the game completely several times before posting to make sure, but still nothing.

Opening a crafting station doesn't do anything either. The could possibly be because it's not the crafted helm though.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

I'm still unable to upgrade this helmet. I figured I'd wait a week or so to check if another patch/update would fix it, but no luck. Just updating this post and also have a ticket in as well to see if I have any luck there in the meantime.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-19-2018 at 10:05 PM.

I'm still unable to upgrade. It's been 4 weeks now :|

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

The fix for this is in and awaiting deployment with the Eternal changes. Hopefully next week.

*edit* for clarification:
    I am fairly certain I figured out why these items were broken, but the way it is broken doesn't seem to actually break on either local servers or even full internal shard environments. We can only observe its broken state on Live. So I am fairly confident in this fix, but can't speak with 100% certainty until it actually deploys.

*edit 2*:
    My fix for this should be up on the PTS now if you want to copy over and try it there.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 02-08-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The fix for this is in and awaiting deployment with the Eternal changes. Hopefully next week.

*edit* for clarification:
    I am fairly certain I figured out why these items were broken, but the way it is broken doesn't seem to actually break on either local servers or even full internal shard environments. We can only observe its broken state on Live. So I am fairly confident in this fix, but can't speak with 100% certainty until it actually deploys.

*edit 2*:
    My fix for this should be up on the PTS now if you want to copy over and try it there.
    AWESOME! Thank you very much

The fix does indeed work on PTS and I was able to finally upgrade it.

BMX
    Rift Chaser

Alright Tacitus! The jig is up... Let Holyroller upgrade now.

Yeahh.. Just re-confirming that this fix still doesn't work on live 2 patches later.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Yeahh.. Just re-confirming that this fix still doesn't work on live 2 patches later.
    What supposedly worked for you on the PTS deployed with the eternal changes two weeks ago, so I thought you were good. Unfortunately now, I am fully focused on Prime for the next couple of weeks.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Unfortunately now, I am fully focused on Prime for the next couple of weeks.
    I really hope that not the whole team do the same. Cause most of us (I believe) wait changes on Live server, more content and etc. Dear Devs i hope y can run Prime without prejudice to Live server.
    Inochisama Aokuro@Zaviel

What supposedly worked for you on the PTS deployed with the eternal changes two weeks ago, so I thought you were good. Unfortunately now, I am fully focused on Prime for the next couple of weeks.
    Yeah, that's definitely my bad. I should've checked when the first patch hit. I tried to even buy a new helm and upgrade that instead, but still no dice. I'll just have to wait lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inochi View Post
    I really hope that not the whole team do the same. Cause most of us (I believe) wait changes on Live server, more content and etc. Dear Devs i hope y can run Prime without prejudice to Live server.
    Just think of Prime as an 8th server. Prime is exactly the same as live, but with lots and lots of stuff turned off and some minor tweaks here and there. They don't need to give it any attention outside of turning on a few switches when the time comes and the bulk of the work would have already been done by the time it launches. It doesn't even require a secondary download/installation for that reason and will get the same updates as live, at least in regard to events like carnival. I think it's better to get all of the heavy lifting out of the way now so that they can indeed give live all of the attention afteward.

+ Reply to Thread