Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LigH
  • 1 Post By LigH
  • 1 Post By Serein

Thread: Daily Fae Yule quests are not trackable for 2/3 chars in my account

Rift Disciple

Default Daily Fae Yule quests are not trackable for 2/3 chars in my account

Support ticket #1015543:

I have three characters in my account. For two of them, I can accept the weekly Fae Yule quest, it appears in the quest book, also in the quest tracker on-screen, and when it is completed, it disappears, as all other quests. But the daily quests from Velena disappear from the quest book when I close it (they are only in the book if it was open while I accept them, but not if I open the quest book later), and they are not trackable (never appear in the right-hand on-screen list, which makes it impossible to use their tool if they require one to be used). The "Yule Mother Essence" buff is always active.

The quest book is not at its limits, there are several quests per category available. The quests are accepted, they can be solved (if they don't require using any tools), they are just not displayed for two of my characters.

My third character is not affected, daily Fae Yule quests appear just like all other quests, and the Essence buff is not permanent.

This is now the third Fae Yule quest week. During the first week I kept talking to the web support. Then I kept reporting this bug in-game until today (without feedback anymore).

My guess is that there is an issue with the list of quests the server sends to my client, to refresh the client-side content of my quest book, in a way that the client fails interpreting a list entry and skips the rest. I hope this suspicion can be forwarded to a developer which has some knowledge in database queries.
    Last edited by LigH; 12-27-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

Still no feedback.

What else could I do to help you helping me?

IMHO, the most obvious hint is that Solitana and Teodorico (@ Brutwacht) both still have the "Yule Mother Essence" buff, as if they would still try to rescue lost travellers. Uluri does not have it, and has no troubles with the daily Fae Yule quests.

Rift Disciple

Not sure if related ... but it's a quest issue too, and if my characters have malformed data in their quest related database tables, I would assume a causality:

Despite probably having all prerequisites (solved Dead Simon's pentapuzzle once, met Omi and Nomi), I still don't see 4-part puzzle pieces around any of the known world puzzle locations.

And I still have the Yule Mother buff; 3 months after Christmas.

Will there ever be any feedback from the development team about it? Or am I doomed to throw away my disabled characters?

Rift Disciple

And the issue persists, and it keeps me from using crafting kits at the festival wagon, as I do not see the tool button in the on-screen quest tracker.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 03-25-2018 at 07:09 AM.

At the bottom of your quest log, but above the quest item section, there are three checkboxes for the different types of quests (carnage, daily/repeatable, and one-time). Make sure all three are checked.

I'm sure there might be some other thing that could happen, but imo 95% chance this is the problem of being unable to see/track the quests (the middle checkbox, most likely).

(as for the yule mother buff thing, I've had it get "stuck" on me before...forget what I did, there might be a quest item in that quest log that you need to destroy, or you can type /cancelbuff ExactNameOfTheBuff and that might get rid of it, or something else)
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Rift Disciple

I am sorry for the trouble I caused, and thank all the people who pointed me to the mistake: Indeed, I had some quest types filtered out in the client for the two affected chars. GM Cypher found the reason when I submitted screenshots once again.

Now I have to test how to disable the buff and check if there are any reasons left why I can't see Callweddi 4-part puzzle pieces at the riddle locations.

+ Reply to Thread