+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eternal weapon issue :) HELP

Default Eternal weapon issue :) HELP

Ok so ive posted an issue i had before on my own eternal weapon and i was told its players fault because weapon was upgraded then i did some progress then only picked up my quest (which infarct is not true by the way) i went to quest giver handed in the quest was told by quest giver to upgrade my weapon so i went on progressing and somehow numbers got imbalanced, i sent in a bug report via in game and never got response ( cant contact game master coz i cant enter the provided link (not sure why) so i added bug report on forum, and a fellow player told me its players fault not a single Trion employee helped me so i went ahead and did the balance http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...eapon-bug.html so now my partner is suffering the same instead its with his dungeons we have tried via email which was provided on that feed though no response yet im assuming it is because staff are on holiday? ive seen TrionBrasse is active on forums today so hoping she can help out ? im posting on behalf of my partner Richardjc@gelidra he also upgraded the weapon after handing quest in and somehow lost progress can someone upgrade his weapon and put him on the next srage losing over 30 dungeons is really not fun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eternal weapon issue :) HELP-rift-weapon-quest.jpg   Eternal weapon issue :) HELP-snipimage.jpg  
    <Victrix Mortalis> Valcury@typhiria Motherkhaleesi@typhiria Quetsyeah@typhiria

Plane Walker

Brasse cannot help, she does not have access to player accounts, I don't believe. However, she could pass on the message for you to the appropriate people. I had the same problem, I was told to finish the remaining experts I had (finished 57 before I realized) and they would balance the quest with the weapon. You'll be waiting for about 10 days or so to get this sorted out because Trion is on vacation. You will probably get a reply when Trion is back from vacation.

From what you describe you didn't pick up the new quest. You need to hand in the quest, pick up the new quest, then upgrade and continue. Or upgrade and pick up the quest. Either way you need to pick up the quest, and from what you describe you stated you only upgraded the weapon. When you complete the quest on that stage, you aren't prompted to pick up the new quest. You have to go back to Wicket in Gedlo to get something from him, and only then can you finish the quest. You can upgrade the weapon without getting the new quest, and this is where most players make a mistake. They are prompted to upgrade the weapon and do so, but forget that there are two parts to the Eternal Questline. The progress towards the weapon and the quest.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Motherkhaleesi View Post
    Ok so ive posted an issue i had before on my own eternal weapon and i was told its players fault because weapon was upgraded then i did some progress then only picked up my quest (which infarct is not true by the way) i went to quest giver handed in the quest was told by quest giver to upgrade my weapon so i went on progressing and somehow numbers got imbalanced, i sent in a bug report via in game and never got response ( cant contact game master coz i cant enter the provided link (not sure why) so i added bug report on forum, and a fellow player told me its players fault not a single Trion employee helped me so i went ahead and did the balance http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...eapon-bug.html so now my partner is suffering the same instead its with his dungeons we have tried via email which was provided on that feed though no response yet im assuming it is because staff are on holiday? ive seen TrionBrasse is active on forums today so hoping she can help out ? im posting on behalf of my partner Richardjc@gelidra he also upgraded the weapon after handing quest in and somehow lost progress can someone upgrade his weapon and put him on the next srage losing over 30 dungeons is really not fun
    First of all, this is players fault, you literally not taking quest after upgrading weapon directly, and from the screenshot, its clearly showing you did particles and 35 experts 45 rifts before taking quest ironically you finished rifts and did 1 expert for "quest", there is no way ingame quests read data from weapon progress itself.

What you must do contact rift support not opening bug reports about this many times because this is not a bug like I said you just realize you didn't take quest straight away, just be careful on this issue because if such bug was around imagine people doing 16 irotp and not counting when they took quest just in time when they upgraded.

I know this from my personal experience because I actually abandoned very first quest when I was mass abandoning old quests from 65 eras and realized later I abandoned my quest but CS helped me about this issue.

So once again this is not BUG clear player fault by not taking or abandoning quest needed for weapon progress, just contact support, if you can't open webpage just mail them on support@trionworlds.com put explained details like shard name, character name and quest which is not matching with weapon progress etc because there is no way support can help you over forum threads either. This section of forums only dedicated for actual game bugs.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Brasse cannot help, she does not have access to player accounts, I don't believe. However, she could pass on the message for you to the appropriate people. I had the same problem, I was told to finish the remaining experts I had (finished 57 before I realized) and they would balance the quest with the weapon. You'll be waiting for about 10 days or so to get this sorted out because Trion is on vacation. You will probably get a reply when Trion is back from vacation.

From what you describe you didn't pick up the new quest. You need to hand in the quest, pick up the new quest, then upgrade and continue. Or upgrade and pick up the quest. Either way you need to pick up the quest, and from what you describe you stated you only upgraded the weapon. When you complete the quest on that stage, you aren't prompted to pick up the new quest. You have to go back to Wicket in Gedlo to get something from him, and only then can you finish the quest. You can upgrade the weapon without getting the new quest, and this is where most players make a mistake. They are prompted to upgrade the weapon and do so, but forget that there are two parts to the Eternal Questline. The progress towards the weapon and the quest.
    Thank you for this response although the quest was picked up and in quest log all the time

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    First of all, this is players fault, you literally not taking quest after upgrading weapon directly, and from the screenshot, its clearly showing you did particles and 35 experts 45 rifts before taking quest ironically you finished rifts and did 1 expert for "quest", there is no way ingame quests read data from weapon progress itself.

What you must do contact rift support not opening bug reports about this many times because this is not a bug like I said you just realize you didn't take quest straight away, just be careful on this issue because if such bug was around imagine people doing 16 irotp and not counting when they took quest just in time when they upgraded.

I know this from my personal experience because I actually abandoned very first quest when I was mass abandoning old quests from 65 eras and realized later I abandoned my quest but CS helped me about this issue.

So once again this is not BUG clear player fault by not taking or abandoning quest needed for weapon progress, just contact support, if you can't open webpage just mail them on support@trionworlds.com put explained details like shard name, character name and quest which is not matching with weapon progress etc because there is no way support can help you over forum threads either. This section of forums only dedicated for actual game bugs.
    As i have mentioned before i have tried contacting support

And either way i would actually appreciate an actual response from a trion employee if they can help if not now when they can help i explained my side and tried contact them personally so i started a bug report. end of discussion

Plane Walker

Thank you for this response although the quest was picked up and in quest log all the time
    Not entirely sure how you and your partner could go through this twice. The game wouldn't just stop tracking your progress unless your character or the servers were rolled back. Otherwise, I have no idea you would pick up the quest and not have the requirements increments as you progressed. I wish you good luck in figuring this out.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Not entirely sure how you and your partner could go through this twice. The game wouldn't just stop tracking your progress unless your character or the servers were rolled back. Otherwise, I have no idea you would pick up the quest and not have the requirements increments as you progressed. I wish you good luck in figuring this out.
    Thank you well my side it was invasions (my dungeons are fine) and many other ingame players had issues with invasions and and rifts for wicket (though that is miner issues 36 dungeons though id say very sad

And either way i would actually appreciate an actual response from a trion employee if they can help if not now when they can help i explained my side and tried contact them personally so i started a bug report. end of discussion
    We are not starting discussion, you did same mistake on previous quest and they "fixed" it for you unless you did all progress again 0 from previous topic as we know, it looks like you either did same mistake over again and didn't take quest after upgrading weapon or did abandon quest meanwhile you were on it, even actual "Trion" employee you seeking help will direct you over CS, they do not help directly over forums and specially on "Bug Reports", you either open thread on "Tech Support" or must do what actual trion employee suggested you on other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellgrim View Post
    As others have mentioned, submitting a ticket is your best option, and we will be happy to investigate this for you! You can do so by emailing support@trionworlds.com, or by using the following link as well: https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I will say the best course of action if you experience this is to complete your weapon objective entirely, and then submit your ticket so that the chance of outright completing the quest will be higher!
    I know you can't open web site but you can either use VPN, web proxy etc even if you not able to connect after using such option which is clearing ISP blocking or your own ip banned from CSR host, which is leaving you may have some adfilter/domain blocker on your computer which is blocking any "zendesk" host.

So you must mail them and must give all informations.

Proper layout for mailing:

Title: [RIFT] Eternal weapon progress is out of sync with quest
    Hello,
    I have a problem on eternal weapon quest, my weapon progress is out of sync with quest itself, I'm currently on "A Weapon's Thirst" quest and they are mismatching, here is information of character I have problems.
    Product: RIFT
    Character: XXX
    Shard: YYY
    AccountID: ZZZ
    Thanks in advance.
    If you don't give enough information with by email support there is no way they can guess who are you, which account is having problem etc.

Anyway do as you wish but please avoid to open on this section of forums because this is not bug and causing many actual bug reports not seen by proper people.

Once again from my 7 years of experience on this game I never see any support directly via forum threads.
    Have fun
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread