+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG REPORT] Nameplate mechanics disables when accepting battleres on BoS encounters

Default [BUG REPORT] Nameplate mechanics disables when accepting battleres on BoS encounters

Time: Since 4.3

Context: Nameplate mechanics disables when accepting battleres on BoS encounters

Expected: Nameplate mechanics shouldn't be disabled when accepting battleres on BoS encounters

Observed: I accepted battleres from raid member on Commander Isiel encounter and noticed combo points (class mechanic) shown under my nameplates disabled itself but reappeared when we finished boss fight or respawned.

User note: This issue only happen on Bastion of Steel, which forced me to use an addon to track combo points on my usual location (nameplate) where i check it, any other raids or dungeon is not having such problem and this issue is happening since release of Bastion of Steel but I forget to report it.

Repro steps:
    1. Join into Bastion of Steel with a raid
    2. In any boss fight die and accept battleres from raid member
    3. Check that class mechanic shown under your nameplate is disabled
    Screenshot:
    Here is a screenshot what happens when accepting battleres:

Here is a screenshot what it should look like when works as intended:

Version:
    Noncombat logging enabled
    External version: 1.0.0
    Internal version: STABLE-304-261-C-1202080
    Built: Dec 6 2017 20:18:34 RWC-RIFTBLD02
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

this has happened to me in pretty much every instance since the dawn of rift.
    every time i accept a battle res its pot luck whether or not my combo points will still show.
    at least half the time they dont show.. its super annoying!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Odd, never heard of this before. I just checked it out myself and I'm not able to reproduce it so I'm not sure what exactly I might be missing. I loaded up two clients, one rogue as you described and one with a battle rez, let one die, brezzed, and I still see my combo points under my nameplate.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Odd, never heard of this before. I just checked it out myself and I'm not able to reproduce it so I'm not sure what exactly I might be missing. I loaded up two clients, one rogue as you described and one with a battle rez, let one die, brezzed, and I still see my combo points under my nameplate.
    Well any time on live server when I die and get battle res it happened since release of BoS and only happens there, did you test this on boss encounter or trash?

I mean if i get brez on boss encounter while combat is still active that combo points are lost as soon as fight ends due to boss kill or raid wipe (means doing respawn) combo points coming back under nameplate.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Well any time on live server when I die and get battle res it happened since release of BoS and only happens there, did you test this on boss encounter or trash?

I mean if i get brez on boss encounter while combat is still active that combo points are lost as soon as fight ends due to boss kill or raid wipe (means doing respawn) combo points coming back under nameplate.
    I tested it on the boss you said it was happening on.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I tested it on the boss you said it was happening on.
    Ah okay, if needed can take video on next raid we do (if i die on boss engagement) but its like I selected disable mechanics option. I'll also try if choosing it and re-enabling after such issue.
    Here is my settings if its helps too:
    Last edited by aileen; 12-12-2017 at 11:06 AM.

After rez, are you in combat?
    That is often not true for me, and no combo points is a symptom of that.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    After rez, are you in combat?
    That is often not true for me, and no combo points is a symptom of that.
    Yes, and combo points under nameplates never come back on entire fight unless respawn or encounter ending (wipe,boss death) sadly it happens only on BoS and when I die mostly I had combo points remaining, when tanking its no problem but on dps rotation it's so I'm using gadgets to track it.

Xly
    Rift Chaser

This has been happening on nearly every boss encounter I ever did (and died on). I have experienced it as caster as well as warrior or rogue. Primalist don't worry about this stuff, so couldn't tell ;)

If I had to pinpoint this to a certain time ... I believe it has been happening since the combat rez rework (must have been around Thraxx Progress, ca. early 2014 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    This has been happening on nearly every boss encounter I ever did (and died on). I have experienced it as caster as well as warrior or rogue. Primalist don't worry about this stuff, so couldn't tell ;)

If I had to pinpoint this to a certain time ... I believe it has been happening since the combat rez rework (must have been around Thraxx Progress, ca. early 2014 ;)
    Casters don't have combo points, so precisely what are you asserting is happening?

I have asserted that not being in combat after rez happens a lot.
    If I understand right, Aileen is asserting that after rez, the character is in combat and has combo points, but the points are not displayed under the nameplate (are they displayed under the portrait? )

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Casters don't have combo points, so precisely what are you asserting is happening?

I have asserted that not being in combat after rez happens a lot.
    If I understand right, Aileen is asserting that after rez, the character is in combat and has combo points, but the points are not displayed under the nameplate (are they displayed under the portrait? )
    Yes, combo points displayed under portrait iirc since I'm using custom unitframes too, my unitframes still receiveing exact amount of combo points as well, only issue is nameplates cuz usually i focus on center of my screen which is easy to track what happens etc.

we can still see the combo points gaining and being spent under the character portrait, but they dont show up on the nameplate anymore..
    my char portrait is in the top left of my screen, so i have to be constantly flicking up to it to check combo points after a bat rez.. whereas when it is working correctly i can keep my focus on the middle of the screen as the combo points are displayed under the nameplate there
    my main char is a rogue.. so those combo points are very important!

+ Reply to Thread