+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clowd

Thread: Same prefix ring & earring

Default Same prefix ring & earring

So anyone else have this issue?

Dropping rings and earrings either in TDez or Golems or even in the patron sparkle cache.

You get similar names like "Sanctified ornament of the overlord" "Sanctified ornament of the hero" wich both have diffferent stats.

You can equip an upgraded one and a non-upgraded one, but not both at the same time within the same upgrade level even though they have different stats?

I dont get the logic here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Same prefix ring & earring-earrings.jpg  

Now i havent tried to upgrade the rings as my petition about the earring ended up in a mess, the earring with more wisdom that i wanted to keep got broken when they downgraded it (they took the wrong one to downgrade) and now it only have resist all stats on it.

But here is a screen of the rings with same prefix wich im pretty sure would trigger the unique equip if they would happend to be the same upgrade level even though again they dont have the same stats on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Same prefix ring & earring-ring.jpg  

This is intentional, and confusing, though I think Vladd answered the why for this design decision a while ago.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    This is intentional, and confusing, though I think Vladd answered the why for this design decision a while ago.
    Yes like Clowd mentioned this is intentional, suffix is for items only meant for stat weight variants, since they are Unique Equips only their prefix (base) are meant it and you can only wear one of each base on same upgrade (item level) level.

So you can wear 1 unupgraded and 1 upgraded ring / earring from same base type but cant wear both as unupgraded or upgraded.
    Last edited by aileen; 11-30-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

It's confusing and doesnt make sense. They have different stats! Just remove one of the pair from circulation then, or dont make one of them upgradable. Or add a tooltip about only being able to equip one full upgraded of the similiar name.
    Last edited by Amielle; 11-30-2017 at 05:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread