+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tacitus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unable to shard hop to Faeblight (homeshard) while in Celectial Lands

Rift Disciple

Default Unable to shard hop to Faeblight (homeshard) while in Celectial Lands

Faeblight is my homeshard.

While in the Celestial Lands and on a different shard, I can not shard hop to Faeblight. I must first port out of the Celestial Lands. Once out of there, I am able to shard hop to Faeblight, I am able to hop to other shards while in the Celestial Lands though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeve View Post
    Faeblight is my homeshard.

While in the Celestial Lands and on a different shard, I can not shard hop to Faeblight. I must first port out of the Celestial Lands. Once out of there, I am able to shard hop to Faeblight, I am able to hop to other shards while in the Celestial Lands though.
    I can only port to Laethys and Faeblight in Mathosia (Homeshard DW lulz)
    Lucith - Lucyith - Luciss
    Deepwood - Guardians
    <Valkyrian Descent>

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

We're looking into this and will let you know when we have more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    We're looking into this and will let you know when we have more info.
    On EU shards we are not having this problems but on NA shards its happening, my suggestion is take NA shards a maintenance mode and reapply latest hotfix, yesterday it was Seastone now Faeblight dunno which shard will have problem next because that kind of problems happend in past and re-deploying hotfix solved iirc.
    Last edited by aileen; 11-30-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Thumbs down

As of this week's patch, the Teleport to Shard function is flat broken. Return to home shard works. Real hard to understand how this was broken given the patch notes. Seems the code is now an unworkable pile of spaghetti, because every patch breaks something entirely unrelated, which then never gets fixed. This one is a game killer.

Soulwalker

Return to home shard does not work if Faeblight is your home shard.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ebonweaver View Post
    Real hard to understand how this was broken given the patch notes.
    It is because this is not a code issue at all, and has nothing to do with patch contents.

It is a server database issue do something that went amiss when the shards were spinning back up after the patch. That is why the issue is only regional - not code.

We will be doing a region wide restart at 2am server time to clear up the issue (because sometimes turning it off and turning it back on really DOES solve the problem :P ).
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

I tested a few options..

toon from deepwood in a zone.. teleport available to faeblight, laethys and seastone.
    toon from deepwood in tempest bay.. teleport available to deepwood, faeblight, greybriar, laethys, hailol and seastone.. then said something in chat and next the teleport to wolfsbane did not work.

toon from greybriar in tempest bay teleport available to all shards but wolfsbane.
    toon from greybriar in zone teleport to faeblight, laethys and seastone available.
    Went to sanctum, same thing.. faeblight, laethys and seastone only.

got a summon to tempest bay on the char, teleport to all shards available, except wolfsbane.

just a thought.. did something break or pop up from the old clusters again?

and a sidenote... return homeshard did not work on both gb and dw toons
    another sidenote.. not tested, but it was mentioned in chat, that travelling to a higher level zone, teleporting and returning to the intended zone could be a workaround

tested.. toon from deepwood, shimmersand, teleport available to faeblight, seastone and laethys.
    taking a normal portal to ardent domain and the teleport to greybriar, deepwood and hailol becomes available again.. just not wolfsbane.
    back to shimmersand, I tried teleport to greybriar.. it worked.. teleport to laethys.. fine.. and it becomes the original situation, only teleport available to faeblight, seastone and laethys

each teleport attempt does trigger the pvp invulnerability in the buff bar

in case the restart doesn't work...

faeblight (rpg)
    seastone (pvp)
    laethys (oceanic)
    they each have something unique that sets them apart from the non-teleport shards
    Last edited by Aranka; 11-30-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It is because this is not a code issue at all, and has nothing to do with patch contents.

It is a server database issue do something that went amiss when the shards were spinning back up after the patch. That is why the issue is only regional - not code.

We will be doing a region wide restart at 2am server time to clear up the issue (because sometimes turning it off and turning it back on really DOES solve the problem :P ).
    Don't forget to blow on the cartridge before sticking it back in.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

One last test ... I took a deepwood char level 65 to Scatherran Forest, asked a friend to sidekick me and was able to teleport to all shards, including wolfsbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Don't forget to blow on the cartridge before sticking it back in.
    That's what she said
    Casual

+ Reply to Thread