+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bug of Legendary Neddra's grasp

Shadowlander

Default Bug of Legendary Neddra's grasp

How many patches do you plan to handle?

You've already done patches a few times, but you're still ignoring user stories.

I'll tell you three more bugs,

1. Neddra's grasp (not even Legendary)

Neddra grasp cast through Dark Touch has no normal damage.
    This is not even 10% of the tooltip.

2. Legendary Neddra's grasp

I am using LNG skill manual because of bug number 1, and LNG that is cast by manual can not update Lingering torment. (by damage tic)

3. Legendary Neddra's grasp

This opinion is my guess. But the above
    It creates fatal flaws in Warlock's operation, rather than two bugs.
    Neddra grasp is a skill that deals damage to the Mob's Ability.
    And I think the source code of the Neddra grasp skill will have a list of skills that will definitely respond.
    However, I feel that some day Neddra grasp has skills that do not respond. This is mostly seen in certain Raid bosses, which are usually present after 4.0. A new boss created in 4.0 will work normally for monsters that use a previously existing Ability, but not for a boss that uses a new Ability that does not.
    For example, TD's Malannon and BOS's commander
    Please enter the new skills used by monsters in the source code of Neddra's grasp.
    I think this is very basic of game design.

I do not know why you keep neglecting the bug of these minor problems.
    If the affection and attention to the Mage class ... is at least less than the player, this is definitely a serious problem.

Rift Master

RIFT 4.3: Hotfix #5 11/15/2017
    WARLOCK
    * Dark Touch when applied by Legendary Void Barrage will now correctly trigger the Healing Expertise Mastery.
    Unfortunately, the hotfix does not improve anything. The Mage Community has been waiting for a fix for almost 2 months now.

Are our explanations of the whole bugs with Neddra's Gasp inadequate or why all the problems still exist ?
    • if you apply L. Neddras Grasp with the 62 Healing Expertise Mastery (Dark Touch) L. Neddras Grasp does not the correct damage
    • no L. Neddra's Gasp/Lingering Torment from Persist
    • if you use L. Neddras Grasp manually it does the correct damage but than Lingering Torment is not renewed of each Legendary Neddra's Grasp stack
    • check that it works on all bosses (especially Malannon, Commander Isiel)

Bug Report 1: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...g-torment.html
    Bug Report 2: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...sp-issues.html
    Weekly Bug reports: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...30-2017-a.html

Plane Touched

Yea I don't understand why something like this is taking so long to fix. I mean the bug has been reported multiple times and as clear and concise as possible. Yet even then it's either neglected, overlooked, or something is posted stating that a fix has been implemented but the fix does nothing. This has been a problem for a long time, why is it taking this long to fix? Every few weeks there's a patch regarding this and it's only a slight change, which fixes something but poses another problem, it should be fixed in one patch. As opposed to a small change every 2-3 weeks which doesn't fix the fundamental problem but adds another one. This is getting really annoying.

I propose taking out the requirement of having Neddra's Grasp only proc when the enemy uses an ability. Because clearly, it isn't working with certain mobs/bosses in this expansion. As stated before Lingering will not proc on Malannon.

Currently, as I apply Dark Touch with Healing Expertise Mastery, Legendary and Non-Legendary Neddra's Grasp is ticking for roughly 3k, and Lingering Torment is applied. However, when I manually cast Nedra's Grasp it ticks for 24k.

To reproduce this. Use the dummies outside Alittu, use Dark Touch with Healing Expertise Mastery and observe results. As well as manually apply Neddra's Grasp and observe results.

Persist also does not refresh Neddra's Grasp. When Neddra's Grasp's tooltip clearly states its a Death DoT, and Presist clearly states it refreshes Death DoT's.

To reproduce this. Use the dummies outside Alittu, apply Neddra's Grasp via DT or manually and see that Presist is grayed out.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

As a rogue player I support this issue should be fixes asap, seeing mage community unhappy and crucial problems like this with very detailed and clean explanations not fixing sadly hurting mage community and effecting whole community.
    Last edited by aileen; 11-15-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Prophet of Telara

The Orc/Ogre mini in TD also doesn't proc LNG.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Rift Disciple

This is a big dps loss for mages, why is it still not fixed?
    • Read the spell tooltip
    • Test the spell on lvl 72 Raid dummy
    • See OP in this thread for collateral issues
    • See links posted by Bamul above for more details
    • Fix raid bosses who do not proc it (Isiel, Malannon, and more)
    Last edited by Crewcut; 11-21-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Rift Master

RIFT 4.3: Hotfix #7 11/29/2017
    WARLOCK
    * Legendary Neddra's Grasp can now trigger its legendary effect repeatedly as intended.
    Context:
    Legendary Neddra's Grasp still doesn't make the correct damage if you apply Legendary Neddra's Grasp with Dark Touch and the 62 Healing Expertise Mastery.

Expected:
    Legendary Neddra's Grasp should always do the same amount of damage no matter how I apply it to the target.

Repro steps:
    • Find a lv 72 debuff dummy (Allitu, Dimension)
    • Use Dark Touch + the 62 Healing Expertise Mastery and observe the damage from Legendary Neddra's Grasp (low damage)
    • Use Legendary Neddra's Grasp directly and observe the damage (correct damage)
    • See the damage difference

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Context:
    Legendary Neddra's Grasp still doesn't make the correct damage if you apply Legendary Neddra's Grasp with Dark Touch and the 62 Healing Expertise Mastery.

Expected:
    Legendary Neddra's Grasp should always do the same amount of damage no matter how I apply it to the target.

Repro steps:
    • Find a lv 72 debuff dummy (Allitu, Dimension)
    • Use Dark Touch + the 62 Healing Expertise Mastery and observe the damage from Legendary Neddra's Grasp (low damage)
    • Use Legendary Neddra's Grasp directly and observe the damage (correct damage)
    • See the damage difference

noticed the same thing with necromancer's Desecrate, recently "fixed" so it consumes all stacks of deathly calling instead of just 5, however the damage done is still based on consuming 5 stacks regardless of how many stacks are actually consumed

Telaran

also about neddra stuff neddra might give 160 end and it overwhrite our 1k end buff one so everytime someone use this buff everyone lose 840 end so to ez fix this gota make neddra might 1k end but it looks like its too hard to do
    Last edited by promico; 01-02-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Rift Master

RIFT 4.3: Hotfix #12 1/17/2018
    * Fixed a bug where the Legendary Neddra’s Grasp for Warlocks was not doing appropriate damage when applied with the ability granted from Healing Expertise.

Context:
    Legendary Neddra’s Grasp works now correctly but on Commander Isiel and Malannon, Neddras Grasp still doesn't trigger Lingering Torment.

Expected:
    Legendary Neddra's Grasp should always trigger Lingering Torment whenever the enemy uses an ability.

Repro steps:
    Use Legendary Neddra's Grasp on Commander Isiel and Malannon.
    When Commander Isiel and Malannon uses an ability you can see that Lingering Torment is not triggered.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

I've found the issue with Malannon and Commander Isiel in regards to Lingering Torment not being applied. The fix should be in next week's hot fix in addition to Lingering Torment no longer being overwritten by other players.

Soulwalker

Lingering Torment is still broken. Was just doing Azranel and i watched my lingering drop off at 8-9 seconds multiple times, as well the other mages dropped off as well.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by trang View Post
    Lingering Torment is still broken. Was just doing Azranel and i watched my lingering drop off at 8-9 seconds multiple times, as well the other mages dropped off as well.
    I don't think this is a bug because Lingering Torment only lasts 8 seconds according to the tooltip. Defensive Spin is a 11 s channel ability from Azranel, because he use no other abilities in this phase Lingering Torment will drop of after 8 seconds. Maybe Icarus can increase the duration of Lingering Torment to 15 seconds or change that channeled abilities trigger Lingering Torment at the beginning and end.

Plane Touched

Maybe it's better to rework the legendary. So that it's not reliant on a boss doing something. Not every boss or enemy is using an ability every 8s. There is no reason to put a barrier like this on mage dps when their dps isn't at the top.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Maybe it's better to rework the legendary. So that it's not reliant on a boss doing something. Not every boss or enemy is using an ability every 8s. There is no reason to put a barrier like this on mage dps when their dps isn't at the top.
    Best would be a revision that works like Legendary Piercing Beam. Lingering Torment should become a player buff that it's not reliant on a boss doing something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast