+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dimension bug: Able to see through solid objects in first person view

Default Dimension bug: Able to see through solid objects in first person view

Something seems to have changed recently, causing the ability to see through dimension objects depending on camera view. (ie in a player-built or even premade house, I can stand close to a wall and look straight through that wall.)

While a bit difficult to explain, here are two screenshots showing my character looking at a premade house from the exact same position: first in 3rd person view, and then in 1st person view, showing how the house becomes completely transparent.

Dimension bug:  Able to see through solid objects in first person view-2017-11-14_185926.jpg
    3rd person, house appears solid

Dimension bug:  Able to see through solid objects in first person view-2017-11-14_185938.jpg
    1st person, house is transparent

My Dimensions on Faeblight

New! * Ravenwood Cottage *

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Have experienced this also, with building blocks:

Dimension bug:  Able to see through solid objects in first person view-2017-11-15_094237.jpg

In first person:

Dimension bug:  Able to see through solid objects in first person view-2017-11-15_094228.jpg
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

First time I took a screenshot of this was on 11/10. You can see through the building blocks when you are in small spaces or if you get close to the item in first person view.

First person view looking through the above wall

Panning camera around I can see through the wall
    Last edited by Nouvae; 11-15-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Far, Far Away by Nouvae on Hailol -- My Latest Dimension * Dimension Gallery * YouTube * Twitter

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Could you also please take a look at invisible spheres?

In edit mode, the invisible blocks show a bright orange color, which is helpful to see them while building. The spheres are currently invisible in edit mode (and out of edit mode).

Dimension bug:  Able to see through solid objects in first person view-2017-11-17_185015.jpg

I am standing on this sphere, which is the only way to tell it's there. Sometimes, at certain angles, you can see the sphere, but it's not reliable enough.

When using the sphere to set a boundary, it's very helpful to be able to see it.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread