+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Aranka
  • 1 Post By RoughRaptors

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG REPORT]Vostigar Zone Events don't reward when not logged when ZE finishes

Telaran

Default [BUG REPORT]Vostigar Zone Events don't reward when not logged when ZE finishes

Time: This has probably existed since Vostigar went live, but I've mostly experienced it in the last few weeks.

Context: A player can tag a "Storm Idol" or the event boss for credit for the event. But if the player is disconnected, crashed, or otherwise not online when the boss dies and rewards are distributed, the player doesn't get credit. As seen when fortress sieges were being done, some players experience crashes when fighting alongside numerous raid groups. Frequently when I port over to Magician's Tower to engage the zone boss, Rift will crash a few seconds after loading in... probably from the burden of trying to load so many wardrobe pieces into memory. By the time I get back in, the event is over, and despite having tagged storm idols, I get nothing except the 100-200 planarite for the storm idol and 700-1000 for the fort boss (or however much they give).

Expected: I expected credit for the zone event, particularly Captured Intel and sparkles.

Observed: I did not get credit for the zone event.

Repro Steps:
    1) Find an active Vostigar zone event.
    2) Get credit for tagging a "Storm Idol" while taking a fort, alternatively, do damage to zone event boss. Note the gain of 100-200 planarite from specifically hitting the storm idol foothold. If that planarite is not gained, find another fort and try again.
    3) Disconnect by any means before zone event boss dies.
    4) Log back in after zone event boss dies.
    5) Receive no credit or loot.

Not getting the event reward when not logged in, is as far as I know the rule for any event.

Otherwise people would just tag a zillion events, log off and claim their rewards on the next login.

The frozen screen/disconnect when trying to port to magician tower just before the boss pops or during the boss fight is/seems rather common.. I usually find myself disconnect when trying to get there (portal or shard hop) when there are 1 or 2 spots left to capture or when the boss is up.

Good news... I haven't found a difference in zone event reward between capturing a spot or hitting the boss or doing both.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

If you're offline for any reason, I can't think of any system in the game that will award you loot, sorry.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Telaran

I'm fairly certain I've been offline when an unstable event ended yet still received rewards. If its not a thing, its not a thing.
    Thank you for your response, RR. I'm probably just frustrated by the idea of needing to tag 440+ zone events for an arbitrary upgrade component.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdummist View Post
    I'm fairly certain I've been offline when an unstable event ended yet still received rewards. If its not a thing, its not a thing.
    Thank you for your response, RR. I'm probably just frustrated by the idea of needing to tag 440+ zone events for an arbitrary upgrade component.
    Yeah I understand, it's all good. If you've gotten loot while offline before you might have been just very recently link dead or something and not fully unregistered from the servers yet, that's the only way I can see it happening. I mean, it's totally possible there's something I am missing, but that's just me thinking off the top of my head.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

There is some grace period before loot no longer awards for VP events. I have crashed and come back after the awards went out and it was there waiting for me. As a trial I also did a fort on one char, logged to another, then did a fort and the boss. The latter got the reward, but the former did not. This seems fair IMO.

I suspect there is a shortish grace period to allow for disconnects, or maybe if you disconnect when the loot lands your character is still seen as in game and therefore gets rewarded? Either way, as long as you get back in a reasonable time frame you generally get the reward. The crossroads are a pain, so I generally hit a fort or three and go on to do something else in game.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    There is some grace period before loot no longer awards for VP events. I have crashed and come back after the awards went out and it was there waiting for me. As a trial I also did a fort on one char, logged to another, then did a fort and the boss. The latter got the reward, but the former did not. This seems fair IMO.

I suspect there is a shortish grace period to allow for disconnects, or maybe if you disconnect when the loot lands your character is still seen as in game and therefore gets rewarded? Either way, as long as you get back in a reasonable time frame you generally get the reward. The crossroads are a pain, so I generally hit a fort or three and go on to do something else in game.
    With crashing, you might notice others go link dead, then they disconnect then they reconnect. From the time they are link dead to when they disconnect, they still count as 'in game' for rewards. If you freeze during a ZE boss (That you have tagged), especially VP where they go down like a sack of bricks, don't force quit or do anything to encourage the crash to happen faster. The longer your client is open, the more likely you are to receive rewards.

+ Reply to Thread