+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG REPORT] Autumn Eyes and Artis not in bag

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Just to chime in here, we are aware of the issue and investigating, but we currently have zero internal repro. And by investigating, I mean at this very moments we have members of QA, CS, Design, Engineering, AND Archonix all actively looking into it.

So to recap what we have so far:
    1) Some characters upon login, get no loot. That broken state persists for the entirety of that login. Subsequent logins might return that character to a working state. But being broken is consistent during a sessions - that character on that login is either able to 100% get loot or is not able to get loot at all. Does this sound correct?

2) It sounds like all the CS tickets for affected characters are coming from NA shards. Have any EU players run into this issue?

3) If anyone so afflicted can make a video of it, I wouldn't mind seeing it to see if I can glean anything more.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Plane Walker

Just read the part about the addons may be the cause. I hope this will help I did not have any addons enabled.
    .... ...

I had this happen a few days ago, submitted a support request, got the potion refunded after about 24 hours and went on my merry way.

Happened again today. Submitted another support request, this time with a response about half an hour later, and once again got the potion refunded, albeit with a 2 min one instead of the 3 min one, and they said disable addons. I disabled addons, logged in and used the potion, and still no artifacts when looting. *sigh* I really hope this is fixed soon, because I don't want to have to bug them every time it bugs out, especially if they aren't refunding the same length of potions and then even the refunded potion doesn't work.

Soulwalker

Like Marnth said: I've had this happen on my account as well, and I don't use addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    1) Some characters upon login, get no loot. That broken state persists for the entirety of that login. Subsequent logins might return that character to a working state. But being broken is consistent during a sessions - that character on that login is either able to 100% get loot or is not able to get loot at all. Does this sound correct?
    I'm going to assume you are referring to looting artifacts only, not loot in general. When this happened to me earlier, I had looted an artifact in Gloamwood while collecting fungi before going into the event instance and using my potion which resulted in zero artifacts. Hope that helps.

Shadowlander

Tried to grab artifacts on 5 of my 6 guys on greybriar. 4 of them was a bust. the fifth one was able to pick artifacts, so I used 2 potions back to back. I have no add-ons. And what good would refunding potions do if they don't work???

If it can't be fixed, they can send me an assortment of about 25 artifacts per potion would be about right.
    Last edited by Dalystrae; 11-02-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Shadowlander

I don't have any add-ons installed; it is definitely *not* add-ons.

Where do you "put in a ticket"? Love to have my potions back, assuming the problem gets fixed and they can be used.... The bug/feedback in game has never seemed to produce anything. Considering there are bugs that haven't been fixed in 3 years that I have reported dozens of times, pretty sure that whole thing is just ignored. If that's the case, it should have been removed years ago and replaced with something else indicating where bugs are actually read and addressed.

Also, be nice if the forums worked right, notifications are broken. No email notices are ever sent on replies to subscribed threads. Makes it hard to actually be in a conversation.

Glad to see a GM reply and indicate investigation, first time I've seen any attention to problems in all the time I've played. Now hopefully someone can fix it, but so far we seem to have a typical "we don't see the issue" response. When dozens of users can easily and constantly see the problem, and the devs can't, I tend to be rather doubtful of the intensity of the investigation.

But to the point, I don't have the potions to test all the permutations, but have you tested things like: does it matter what shard you're on when you enter the autumn terrace? Combination of home shard and shard you're on? Does it matter which fairy ring you use to enter the terrace? I noted that despite what shard you're on when you enter, you're locked in to some other shard once in the terrace, and you can't change shards.

Per request, I have recorded the issue, from being in the zone, drinking the potion, picking up a bunch of artifacts, but getting nothing. How would you like it sent to you, given it's 115mb for 2 minutes?

Ebon, head to support.trionworlds.com and submit a ticket through them. If you have a large video file, I suggest chucking it up on Dropbox and including a link to it in the support ticket (what I've done in the past for other issues).

And even with a lot of people reporting the problem, there are so many possible permutations at the moment of what could be causing it that I doubt it's "lack of interest" stalling a fix.

Like you said, is it from entering from your home shard? Is it using a reward potion versus a purchased one? Is it the type of potion used? Is it influenced by addons or not, or max level, or mentoring?

For myself, I have not experienced this issue on any of my alts, and I've ported in from all 3 locations in Silverwood, 2 in Freemarch, 2 in Gloamwood, 2 in Stonefield, used the rewarded potions, bought and used five of each type, sometimes by porting in from my home shard, other times by porting to a different one first, mentored down, max level, all hours of the day and night, sometimes using 3 in sequence, and even changing roles.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Soulwalker

Angry no artis

has happened to me twice so far on the same toon.
    my other toon was able to collect properly
    i did not notice what shard
    has any one seen a reply from a dev??

yes I did...

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Just to chime in here, we are aware of the issue and investigating, but we currently have zero internal repro. And by investigating, I mean at this very moments we have members of QA, CS, Design, Engineering, AND Archonix all actively looking into it.

2) It sounds like all the CS tickets for affected characters are coming from NA shards. Have any EU players run into this issue?

3) If anyone so afflicted can make a video of it, I wouldn't mind seeing it to see if I can glean anything more.

Soulwalker

Default My experience

Here is what I've seen: I'm on NA as well... I have three accounts. I have had it happen to three characters across two of the accounts. Varying levels, both factions, two 'sizes' of potions some from the daily, some from minion missions. They were logged in at different times in the day. They all had plenty of bag space. To fix it I tried: reloading ui, relogging, exiting and re-entering game, disabling my one add-on (rift meter) and exiting and re-entering game, restarting my pc, clearing cache. None of the above worked to fix it, though I have seen in chat that reclogging fixed it for others.

Shadowlander

Tried 3 characters back-to-back. They all logged out in Realm of the Fae. They all used the quest reward potion. First one logged in, drank the potion, and was able to collect artifacts til time ran out.

Second one logged in, drank, and was not able to grab artifacts. Logged out and in. Was then able to get artifacts.

Third one logged in, drank, and was not able to grab artifacts. Logged out and in - didn't work. Tried once more and still not working.

For some reason this bug is very random and frustrating. If they manage to get this fixed before week 3 starts I will be very busy,,,,,

Thumbs down

Well I'm seeing 100% failure. As far as my experience, this was absolutely unquestionably broken in the patch this week. Before the patch, no problem. After the patch, no character on any shard can ever pick up any event artifacts. To be clear, all NORMAL artifacts in all normal zones are fine. Any of the artifacts in the terrace that you can only see by drinking the autumn eyes potion, are broken. They do not actually pick up. Again, character, level, home shard, entry shard, entry point, none of that matters, it's 100% failure every time. It's just very simply broken, and the patch caused it. Hope this gets fixed and all the potions refunded before event ends.

And again, fix the forum notifications!

Angry

And given the patch notes from this week specifically state a tweak was made to the artifacts, and they stopped working after the patch, it seems pretty straight forward the patch wasn't tested and broke the artifacts and this should be a simple thing to roll back and fix (especially because in about 100 artifacts or so before the patch I only got 2 the same so no idea what this "wider bounty" is supposed to be given it's zero bounty now...)

RIFT 4.3: Hotfix #2 11/1/2017

AUTUMN HARVEST
    * Artifact nodes in the Realm of the Autumn Harvest have been updated to include a wider bounty of returns.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast