+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Squeegee
  • 1 Post By thunder 1

Thread: The Quest They Need Healing - BUGGED

Telaran

Default The Quest They Need Healing - BUGGED

I've opened a ticket for this issue, but so far nothing.

As your healing the wounded soldier, another person comes by and while you have healed it over half, they spot heal it and leave. So when you finish healing the soldier, you get no credit.

It's been happening alot and its taking longer for me to finish this simple quest.

How exactly is this supposed to work?

I feel like there should be an active skill that channels for 3-5 seconds and heals the NPC to full. Having to kill all the mobs and then switching to healing spec to heal them seems pretty crazy.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    I feel like there should be an active skill that channels for 3-5 seconds and heals the NPC to full. Having to kill all the mobs and then switching to healing spec to heal them seems pretty crazy.
    There are spots you can stand that don't aggro any mobs. I heal a couple from on top of the wall then swap shards.
    I have also healtanked mobs while healing the wounded soldiers. YMMV

In my experience it works differently. I think it is the last heal to full health that gives credit. If someone HoTs the NPC and shard hops, their HoT might be that last tick. Its a ^&*^*& thing to do, but it happens. I have never had an issue if I was the last person healing.

I have also noticed that sometimes the NPCs stop healing for a few seconds (about 10-15s) and then resume. It is a minor bug.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Shadowlander

Default Ninja heals

Peeps drop a heal and port. Then the next poor soul does the full heal and gets no credit.

Just another example of how the peeps are very rude doing the VP dailies. Often clearing out a mob to get to a sparkly piece needed for a quest and someone runs up and grabs it out from under. Very bad form.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estriana View Post

Just another example of how the peeps are very rude doing the VP dailies. Often clearing out a mob to get to a sparkly piece needed for a quest and someone runs up and grabs it out from under
    Nothing more annoying, i did suggest they need to add individual quest item instances so it's always there for each person to click.

I usually clear a few mobs near the tents then hide in the tent and heal the NPC inside, if somebody wants to try ninja a heal they have to clear the mobs first again.

It would be so easy if you just build a group, hey it's a MMORPG.

Default Last heal wins

For the healing daily, Linolea is correct in the way it works right now. The last healing tick that brings the soldier to 100% health is the one that is counted and the person that did it gets credit, if 2 or more people are healing it who are not in the same party (ie. last heal wins). If you are in a party with the other person or people you only have to heal at least once in the group and someone in the group has to get the last healing tick for everyone in the party to get credit for the heal.

As for ninja steals of the clicking daily's (as I call them), I have a special method of dealing with these people.

As warrior I have the ability "False Repose" on my hotbar for this. If I see a person try to click an object while Im fighting the mob close by, I simply hit this ability and instantly drop all agro. The mob will go back to full health and attack the ninja steal player. Then I can revive and click the object again while the mob chases the player away. LOL

I'm pretty sure some other classes have something similar. This ability was also good in previous expacs for dealing with players AFKing during invasion events in NT zones. Gather agro from lots of mobs -> go near the afk player -> "false repose (agro dump) -> and they died very quickly.

Good luck,

Thunder

+ Reply to Thread