+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Maze of Steel bugs: Double-boss attacking, Crucia not spawning, Ahnket hitbox

Default [BUG] Maze of Steel bugs: Double-boss attacking, Crucia not spawning, Ahnket hitbox

I'm dropping this bug report here (am I doing it right??) after messing around with Maze of Steel on my rogue for a while (had also posted this to the Maze of Steel thread on General). I managed to finish MoS on my warrior the first try with no dying and no issues, but my rogue was having a heck of a time.

What I've concluded from all this messing around is that the fight will always have the both-bosses-attacking-bug if I died. Main fixes were to abandon and retake the MoS mini-chain quest, exiting/reentering instance, resetting instance. I've noted details here that most likely don't matter, but who knows with bugs. This is just to show how wonky Maze of Steel can get for some.

Start:

Hopped to a different shard because of a zone event going on and didn't want to bother with it.

Abandon-retake quest mini-chain The Maze of Steel.
    NPC companions normal. Temp ability bar appeared as normal.
    Crucia spawned normally, Ahnket did NOT immediately appear and attack (I got really excited because this bug haunted my rogue). Able to get Crucia down to 50%, but died to her bubbled Thunder Blast while running across the arena to engage Ahnket.

Upon soul walk, bubbled Ahnket immediately started attacking NPCs, which was the annoying bug from before. Decided to try to leave instance to maybe clear the bug, but trapped, had to die to Crucia again to exit instance. Abandon-retake quest.

Upon entering the "trigger circle", Crucia did NOT spawn. Tried removing NPC buff and hoping they'd respawn at the trigger circle and trigger everything else, but no dice; exited instance, NPCs respawned; re-entered instance, NPCs disappeared, no temp ability bar. No Crucia at trigger circle.

Exited instance to abandon-retake quest. Returned to home shard.

Note: At "Send Word to Zimra" step of mini-chain, Asha and Orphiel NPCs always wander around the area instead of staying put for the dialogue. This happened for my warrior too.

NPC companions normal. Temp ability bar appeared as normal. Crucia did NOT spawn. Exited and re-entered instance, but NPC companions disappeared and no temp ability bar. Exited, reset MoS by changing from Expert to Standard difficulty on portrait. No NPCs or ability bar upon entering, but Crucia spawned normally along with NPCs and ability bar at the trigger circle. Tried shield instead of LOS for Ahnket but that didn't work very well (seems to only work if I'm already at 100% health). Upon death and soul walk, Ankhet attacked while bubbled and I didn't want to deal with that annoyance, so I let my rogue die and exited to abandon-retake quest.

Crucia did NOT spawn at trigger circle. Exited, reset instances from portrait. Reentered, no NPCs or ability bar--but Crucia, NPCs and ability bar spawned normally at the trigger circle, Ankhet did not immediately spawn and attack.

Finally NORMAL FIGHT!

*If Ahnket is too close to a barrel, LOS wouldn't work. I found that moving her about a barrel's width away from the barrel worked well, but there's something amiss about the hitbox according to the other thread in General.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 09-19-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: updated title
    Faeblight dimensions: Dragontail Pond, Pirlfealle Tower (temporarily offline for renovation)

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Thanks for reporting! We'll take a look.

+ Reply to Thread