Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [NON-ISSUE] Wands not working for me

Default [NON-ISSUE] Wands not working for me

Wands are not working for me. My character cannot do auto-attack ranged damage for some reason and all wands she equips or even looks at in the Auction House show no damage output at all, unlike melee weapons which show Damage Per Second and type of damage. My character is a Defiant Kelari Cleric, but even with a wand equipped, the ranged auto-attack shows animation,but no damage is done. It doesn't even show zero numbers, just no numbers at all.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 09-12-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: updated title

Wands don't do damage and aren't really used in animations. You attack with what's in your main hand. Wands are just stat sticks. Just like bows & guns (except they get combat animations).
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 09-11-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Wands don't do damage and aren't really used in animations. You attack with what's in your main hand. Wands are just stat sticks. Just like bows & guns (except they get combat animations).
    That's news to me. When I started the game a few years ago, wands did damage all the time and they all had damage output descriptions. I think this is a bug that started maybe a year ago.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Forbiddenlake is correct.

Ranged weapons were changed a while back to just add stats and not be functionally different sources of weapon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Forbiddenlake is correct.

Ranged weapons were changed a while back to just add stats and not be functionally different sources of weapon damage.
    Thanks for clarifying. I personally dislike this, because it means I no longer have any ranged auto-attack.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rodoa View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I personally dislike this, because it means I no longer have any ranged auto-attack.
    Auto attack usually contribute much less than 1% to overall dps.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Auto attack usually contribute much less than 1% to overall dps.
    I know. But it lets you easily stay participating in an Instant Adventure when you're feeling a little under the weather and it lets you easily take down low level critters.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Since this bug report is no longer considered a bug, I'm closing out this thread. Thank you!

Closed Thread