+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant even play / Cant connect / "Incorrect version"

Default Cant even play / Cant connect / "Incorrect version"

So I was playing the game just fine yesterday. Now fast forward today and I keep getting the following:

"You are not running the correct version of the game.
    Please exit and run the patcher again. A new update may be on its way!"

I have restarted the launcher over 3 times, ran it as admin... I have tried to run the update, which it looks like it does it... nothing changes though.

I've even ran the repair function, and that has changed nothing. What is going on? I know others who are able to get on just fine. However, my pc is not only one in the house having this issue. I am not having any internet issues or anything like that. So I am kind of lost.

Last edited by Teslachu; 09-06-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Teslachu@greybriar ~ Check out my dimensions!: The Ascended Sanctuary; HP - The Forbidden Forest; The Fountain of Dreams; Tesla's Wedding Chapel;

Soulwalker

Default Having a similar issue, but definitely can't play.

I'll be right in the middle of something (sending minions, getting mail, whatever), and it just shuts me out and tells me an error occurs. I send an error report, try to upload the game again, and nothing. This is the second time this has happened today. Not sure what to do with this.

So found out the issue. It was squid caching.
    Teslachu@greybriar ~ Check out my dimensions!: The Ascended Sanctuary; HP - The Forbidden Forest; The Fountain of Dreams; Tesla's Wedding Chapel;

Soulwalker

Default So how did you fix it?

I have just recently, like today recently attempted to try Rift again. And I got the same message and went through all you did. Was you able to fix the issue or just find what the issue was? Any tips or advice would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

What is squid caching and what does that even mean? How do we go about fixing this update issue?

Rift is in scheduled downtime and there's a patch today. I'd imagine when the game allows you to update you'll be able to play again. ;)
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread