+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chase the Sun story quest broken

Default Chase the Sun story quest broken

In Vostigar Peaks, the Chase the Sun quest seems broken, in particular the "Kill the Wind Cohort's Primus" objective.

When fighting the Primus, if you move around their spawn trigger location (which is often necessary as a mage to avoid taking too much damage), the spawn dialogue will repeat every time.

I killed them twice after this happened (during separate game sessions) and neither kill counted for the quest; I'm guessing the dialogue reset is related.

Update + bump: Still not going anywhere.

Managed to kill the Primus without moving or resetting dialogue; still didn't count for the quest and they immediately respawned.

Next step is probably to try restarting the quest entirely. Anyone remember what the first objective was?

They've made something with latest "fix", basically anything quest-related that has "cohort" in its name is now broken. Wait until next patch is what we were told,...
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 09-12-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Bumpettybump.

After attempting to run it a bit more, I found an instance where somebody else was already attempting to clear the boss. They died shortly after I got there, but I tagged the Primus before it de-aggroed, then finished the kill. This did count for the objective.

Killing the Steel Cohort's Primus solo didn't work again, so I guess it only works when somebody else aggros the boss first for some reason. I was able to kill the Steel and Rain Primuses in a group successfully, so...

Couldn't it be possible to fit this into a hotfix or something? I'd rather not wait until v4.91284123 to actually progress.
    Last edited by Spere; 09-28-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Default Still broken...

12/8/18 and the quest is still broken. I have triggered and killed the wind cohort multiple times with no quest update.

Soulwalker

Default 09 JUNE 2019 - Still broken

Still trying to complete this quest but not getting credit for killing Steel Cohort Primus.

Edit: Tried the standing still thing and using pet for aggro which seemed to get me through and got the credit for quest.
    Last edited by Traveller; 06-10-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Still Bugged

I killed him 5 times. No good. Finally, I changed shards, I found the guy with the strange name and began to kill him (harder to kill than the others) and the pimus popped and added before I killed the guy, and when I killed the primus after finishing the strange named guy, it gave me credit.

From memory, you have to kill him in a specific space in the camp.. should be a circle on the map...

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Poked around with this quest earlier today, the area where a player needs to be when killing the Primus' is rather small, which explains why builds that move around a lot would have difficulties getting quest updates with the kill. To help this out in the future I've increased the area for the quest updates, however it will not make it into the next patch.

+ Reply to Thread