+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG REPORT] Weird dimension key bug

Default [BUG REPORT] Weird dimension key bug

I just found out that my Tulan key is gone.
    I do not have it among my 20 active dimensions and it is not in the inactive section either.

And now it gets really weird

When I log on my alts, I can see 21 active dimensions by Polynomia, among those is Tulan.
    It cannot be seen by public (I usually set this) but my alts can enter it and build in it.

How do I go about getting my Tulan key back so I can actually use it on Polynomia?
    Last edited by Yaviey; 08-28-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: updated title

probably, contact support

Prophet of Telara

Contact support is the only option, sadly. There used to be a workaround, but it doesn't work anymore...

Also with 20 active dimensions that wouldn't have worked anyways, I just realized :-)

So basically I'm just writing so you don't worry, I've had that bug too, they deactivated an empty dimension and the old one showed again.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

I already made a ticket, just hoped there was some way I could fix it myself.

Thank you for letting me know they can fix it

Next problem is creating an empty dimension...

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Sadly, this has been a recurring problem every now and then and we've yet to track down the root cause. Any additional information you can provide will help us find a fix. I'll re-add this to our queue for bugs to see if we can take another look.

Prophet of Telara

For me, it happened while I overwrote a dimension key when I already had 20 slots with active dimensions in them. I have heard from others that it happened while overwriting active dimensions too, but I can't say for sure that it only happens then.

Also it was 1.5 years ago, so I don't remember if I was in a dimension while I overwrote the key or not.

Edit: spent some time on the PTS now. Just as I was giving up, I checked my dimensions through search, and saw that I had 17 instead of 16 active dimensions. I had ticked off my list of dimensions before, and never noticed anything missing. then I had a disconnect, when I came back, my sub zero dimension had vanished, and instead I had the warden's point that I had overwritten at some point before.

So I guess a new testing round is needed, with checking the active dimensions through search after every attempt :/ I'll try with a different character now for a few times...

edit2: happened again. I was IN the dimension that I overwrote. This went OK for a while, until I involved warden's point in the changing process. that can be total coincidence though, because I'm pretty sure I didn't invole warden's point in the changing process 1.5 years ago.
    scenario: only 2 active dimensions. Faen's retreat got lost after relogging. I only overwrote my dimension on slot 1 3 or 4 times. now active: shadow scion and edge of infinity, warden's point inactive, faen's retreat active but not showing. I was in mathosia both times I lost a dimension.

edit 3: warden's point is a non-issue. new character, new lost dimension.
    scenario: mathosia, meridian. changed the first slot of two active dimension slots, dimension keys available: shadow scion, edge of infinity, faen's retreat. I overwrote my key around 10 times before it happened. did nothing special. no in-fight, no warden's point, no nothing. I was NOT in a dimension that I changed, in fact I wasn't in any dimension after I logged to that character at all. the only thing common to all my attempts is frequent changing of keys, which is true for the time I lost my dimension on live too.

I tried again with a character in tempest bay, to make sure the zone doesn't affect the bug. happened after 10 switches of the dimension key. 2 active slots. faen's retreat, peaceful hills, edge of infinity. I was just standing in tempest bay, interchanging the dimension on the first slot (changing between faen's retreat and edge of infinity), with only a short break to check my active dimensions on search.

at least it IS reproducable, just with a little patience. do your magic in debug mode
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 08-29-2017 at 12:58 AM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

Well luckily it can be fixed, mine just did

Sounds a bit random with this bug as it doesn't seem like anything in particular triggers it, other than many repetitions of the same action.
    Very strange indeed

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Sadly, this has been a recurring problem every now and then and we've yet to track down the root cause. Any additional information you can provide will help us find a fix. I'll re-add this to our queue for bugs to see if we can take another look.
    Tried tracking this a year or two ago, it may have something to do with how many keys a person has as no one with less than 10 active keys had this issue though of course I only have a limited number on this so please take it as an assumption, not sure if data records can ascertain this? If not maybe knowing how many keys people have activated is a helpful start to finding the solution?

Also wondering if this is occurring to people if they change keys while in another dimension?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-06-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Tried tracking this a year or two ago, it may have something to do with how many keys a person has as no one with less than 10 active keys had this issue though of course I only have a limited number on this so please take it as an assumption, not sure if data records can ascertain this? If not maybe knowing how many keys people have activated is a helpful start to finding the solution?

Also wondering if this is occurring to people if they change keys while in another dimension?
    If you look 2 posts above this one, you can see it CAN happen with less than 10 keys, and CAN happen while not in a dimension.
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    If you look 2 posts above this one, you can see it CAN happen with less than 10 keys, and CAN happen while not in a dimension.
    Didn't have time to read and just putting this here from what we looked at a while ago so if this is ticked off the list cool, just giving processes looked at not conclusions. We also wondered if it was amount of times a key is changed but that was just a guessing game. I'll have to chat to Jaedor again to refresh my memory 100% on what else we considered.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-06-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Prophet of Telara

For me, frequent changes seemed to be the only common factor, but I don't know for sure, from talking to other people it seemed to be happening on the first change too, but I wasn't there to look over their shoulders and didn't ask if they changed it more than once... I also tried being in combat etc, but it also happened to freshly logged in characters just standing in tempest bay or freemarch with2 active slots and 3 total keys to choose from...

I've had this problem twice and both times CS had to fix it. From those conversations it sounds like the overflow slot gets jammed and has to be manually unstuck. It seems to happen with players who have more collected keys than their number of active slots, and in my cases it happened when I collected a key and immediately activated it.

I did an experiment on the PTS a couple months ago. I copied over Jaed (who currently has 10 uncollected keys because of this bug) and one by one collected each key and swapped them from inactive to active and back. I had no issues with this, perhaps because I logged out and logged back in every time I collected a key.

I haven't tried it on live yet but was encouraged by the results of the test. ymmv >.<
    Last edited by Jaedor; 09-07-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typo
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Exclamation

Update 9/27: we're still working on this and don't have an ETA at this time.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

As mentioned else where before I forget - just curious if inactive keys is an issue I have 27 inactive keys on the account this has occurred to me on before.

This bug first happened to me in October 2014, I had 20 dimension keys on my character, as the OP states Alts can access the key that disappeared but I could not see the key in my Active keys section of the UI. The key that I had an issue with at this time was Auditorium Carnos, it disappeared but the Breach Chamber key was in its place. The bug occurred when I decided to replace an active dimension key with an inactive dimension key. Customer service was able to fix the issue for me.

The issue happened again at a later time (I didn't keep note of when) but I was able to work the issue out by replacing empty keys carefully until the missing key appeared again where it should be.

I have 20 active keys and 20 inactive keys saved on this character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast