Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yaviey

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [FIXED] Unable to Join Starter Guild for Correct Shard

Default [FIXED] Unable to Join Starter Guild for Correct Shard

Time: I believe since starter guilds were implemented. Repro'd 2017-08-26 6:47 PST.

Context/Repro: If you are not in a guild, and open the guild finder and click Join Starter Guild, you will NOT be joined to the starter guild for your home shard. Instead, you will be joined to the starter guild of the shard your character is on at that moment (e.g. what you were load balanced on to upon login). Then, most guild functions will not work. And you cannot work around this because you cannot hop shards in the tutorial zone unless you already have a friend/party member to Join Instance to.
    This impacts the new player experience.

Expected: To be joined to the starter guild for the home shard of the character and to have guild functions work.

Screenshots: I created a character on Seastone. I was put on Deepwood and joined Defiants of Deepwood. http://imgur.com/a/HRTYd
    Last edited by Yaviey; 09-27-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: updated title

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Thanks, forbiddenlake. We'll take a look!

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Exclamation

Update 9/27: this was fixed during this week's game update. More info can be found in the patch notes here. Since this issue is now resolved, I'm closing this thread. Thanks for helping us get this fixed!

Closed Thread