+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] Killthraxus still locks up computers

Default [UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] Killthraxus still locks up computers

The believed fix from a while ago didn't fix Killthraxus. If you have Aoe on the pillar people who are prone to this bug will crash. It's most obvious with mages.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 08-18-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: updated title
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    The believed fix from a while ago didn't fix Killthraxus. If you have Aoe on the pillar people who are prone to this bug will crash. It's most obvious with mages.
    Hi, Hepatits. We'll take a look at this. Thank you for reporting!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Our team has looked at this and were unable to reproduce. Please share any additional relevant info that you can. We will leave this thread open until we can get this tracked down and fixed.

Soulwalker

Hi,

To reproduce: form a full group (5 characters) with a mage or better 2 mages. Make both mages cast Legendary Fire Storm on pillar.. Move all characters around a pillar.

This problem exists from SFP launch, when a mage in a group for Temple of Ananke everyone will warn him(her) about not casting aoe spell on pillar just because somebody's PC may stop responding.. In most of these PC freezes only reboot helps. Sometimes a full group get PC crash, sometimes 1-3 characters.

Some people are more prone to this bug than others. I've sent people who are prone to this bug to devs for testing. At least one has since quit the game due to this bug and various other reasons. The next time I do SPE runs I'll start collecting names for you to test with if that helps.

Personally, I've only had it happen to me only once on EU, none on NA. I've seen several others that crash every time. I'll provide specifics when they come up again. I'll PM names.

Edit: Thanks for keeping up on all this stuff. We appreciate you Yaviey.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 08-23-2017 at 06:45 AM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Soulwalker

I noticed that the earthquake from the Titan soul could cause this bug too. Either Earthquake or the Living Flame from Nightblade, because we formed a party with Primalist Tank 2 Primalist DPS and 2 Rogue DPS. The rogues played Nightblade and the Primalists played Primal Lord.

I'm 81/100 on my SPEs and I'm unable to reproduce this on NA now. I've run with all manner of classes and specs and none have triggered it. This appears to be fixed. (Sorry if this is a necro, but it's been a longstanding issue.)
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    I'm 81/100 on my SPEs and I'm unable to reproduce this on NA now. I've run with all manner of classes and specs and none have triggered it. This appears to be fixed. (Sorry if this is a necro, but it's been a longstanding issue.)
    Sadly this issue still happening from last 20 SPEs I did in last week, I can clearly say I saw at least 6 people got crashes on this boss.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Sadly this issue still happening from last 20 SPEs I did in last week, I can clearly say I saw at least 6 people got crashes on this boss.
    Do you/they have any logs or anything they can share? We need as many details as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Do you/they have any logs or anything they can share? We need as many details as possible.
    One of them is my guild mate and when we go that boss he always crashing, I'll ask for possible logs from him, will logs from eventviewer itself helps too? Since this is actually locking up his computer.
    Next crash he will get windows logs etc here is his system specs which is quite nice.
    Last edited by aileen; 09-19-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    One of them is my guild mate and when we go that boss he always crashing, I'll ask for possible logs from him, will logs from eventviewer itself helps too? Since this is actually locking up his computer.
    Next crash he will get windows logs etc here is his system specs which is quite nice.
    Event viewer will tell them nothing, and there is no rift crash log, as rift is not crashing but hanging. You may try /combatlog
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Event viewer will tell them nothing, and there is no rift crash log, as rift is not crashing but hanging. You may try /combatlog
    Event viewer logs any kind of crash and application hang/error in other words any system based "signal", combatlog actually will tell them nothing because everyone who crashed already claimed they receive freezes with firestorm.

Rift Disciple

Since this seems to be such a difficult bug to fix and the devs can't seem to replicate it, why don't they get with a player that it happens to regularly and work with them directly in order to get the data they need?
    They can team up with the player, run through the dungeon, voice chat with the player and get whatever they need on the spot.

Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rutte View Post
    Since this seems to be such a difficult bug to fix and the devs can't seem to replicate it, why don't they get with a player that it happens to regularly and work with them directly in order to get the data they need?
    They can team up with the player, run through the dungeon, voice chat with the player and get whatever they need on the spot.

Just an idea.
    The problem is that without any actual crash reports, it would still be difficult if not impossible to tell what caused the complete client crash. Running and watching another player, unfortunately, will not provide the needed information or answers. This crash also only happens on live servers, and not on dev builds. Dev builds would be able to catch and identify the bug. This is why this has been such a challenging issue to resolve.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

We had someone disconnect like three times in one fight this Friday. It seems to be select individuals who just get nailed with the issue, while others have no problems.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast