Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [FIXED] Eye of omnox triggers from any ability.

Default [FIXED] Eye of omnox triggers from any ability.

Time: Since 4.2?

Context: Eye of omnox trinket purchased from Uttila quartermaster by reaching glorified procs its ability when player cast any ability like ebon blades, smoldering blades or even stealth.

Expected: This proc should only happen when player either heals someone or attack.

Observed: Since this trinket(s) having internal cooldown which is very down side of it player wasting its cooldown if he goes stealth or cast any buff/weapon enhancement on him.

Repro steps:
    1) Get Eye of omnox trinket from uttila quartermaster.
    2) Equip it
    3) Cast ebon blades or stealth and see you have buff called "Omnox's gaze".
    Last edited by Yaviey; 09-12-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: updated title
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

i posted this on the pts, have people already reached max rep already?

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    i posted this on the pts, have people already reached max rep already?
    Yes i reached and some other people too sadly, this is same as pts thats why i posted here to get some attention on this issue.

Admiral Nezavar from intrepid gyel fortress somehow not getting debuffed by Omnox's gaze too, you can see it from this screenshot all other mobs/bosses on dungeon got debuffed but almight nezavar

Telaran

Question

We were testing the DPS trinkets on PTS and I noticed that my 20% buff from Gaze of Omnox (for some strange reason it is called Eye of Omnox on live) gets overwritten by another player whose trinket proccs only a second later, thus losing my 20% damage boost.

[FIXED] Eye of omnox triggers from any ability.-goo-dmg-chart.jpg

Have you noticed this for the Eye of Omnox on live as well?

@DEVs: Is this working as intended? If yes, only the lucky one, whose trinket procs last, gets the damage boost from the trinket. That sounds kind of weird - or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Tandaradei; 08-13-2017 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added chart

yeeeeah they realy need to fix it. When i use Porticulums : it procs . When i use Opie´s Whistle : it procs. When i get a summon : it procs.
    <Transcendent>
    HK 11/11 IGP-HM 4/4
    Ironnn - Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaradei View Post
    We were testing the DPS trinkets on PTS and I noticed that my 20% buff from Gaze of Omnox (for some strange reason it is called Eye of Omnox on live) gets overwritten by another player whose trinket proccs only a second later, thus losing my 20% damage boost.

Have you noticed this for the Eye of Omnox on live as well?

@DEVs: Is this working as intended? If yes, only the lucky one, whose trinket procs last, gets the damage boost from the trinket. That sounds kind of weird - or am I missing something?
    Yes finally one of my friends also reached glorified and went for omnox we tested this, sadly this is also made its way to live as well.

Here is buff details, this is info of when your omnox procs:
    {begin = 1207.3581542969, caster = "u0550800072FC6D69", curse = true, description = "Your damage and healing is increased by 20% on targets within 10 meters.", descriptionComplete = true, duration = 15, icon = "Data/\\UI\\ability_icons\\dirtytricks2b.dds", id = "b80000005EC07A330", name = "Omnox's Gaze", remaining = 12.453857421875, type = "B44FD54C9EC904BCB"}
    and this is when you receive someone elses proc
    {caster = "u0550800072FCC614", curse = true, description = "Healing received from the caster is increased.", icon = "Data/\\UI\\ability_icons\\dirtytricks2b.dds", id = "b80000005EC07A69B", name = "Omnox's Gaze", type = "B574A378B2C5C414D"}
    Here is video from live

Since it isnt mentioned here : everytime you hop shard , the internal cd resetts.
    <Transcendent>
    HK 11/11 IGP-HM 4/4
    Ironnn - Warrior

I was simply running through VP when I started trailing fire. I don't know why it triggered here, but it's very strange:

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Time: Since 4.2?

Context: Eye of omnox trinket purchased from Uttila quartermaster by reaching glorified procs its ability when player cast any ability like ebon blades, smoldering blades or even stealth.

Expected: This proc should only happen when player either heals someone or attack.

Observed: Since this trinket(s) having internal cooldown which is very down side of it player wasting its cooldown if he goes stealth or cast any buff/weapon enhancement on him.

Repro steps:
    1) Get Eye of omnox trinket from uttila quartermaster.
    2) Equip it
    3) Cast ebon blades or stealth and see you have buff called "Omnox's gaze".
    Thanks for reporting, aileen. We'll take a look.

Champion

This trinket has lots of issues and honestly could probably benefit from a complete rework and even then there is no perfect solution. My two biggest issues with it atm are:

First off it procs on practically everything which is less than ideal, right now there is a workaround where you can reset the ICD if you're out of combat(another issue in and of itself) so it's slightly less annoying but one way to fix both issues with one go is to make it "on use" instead of equip.

The aura means it's nice for say aoeing mobs that die fairly quickly or target swapping but the 10m range combined with the fact that like other aoes it's 10m from the center not the edge of the hitbox the proc really only benefits melee and not ranged. My suggestion would be to increase the range to 30m or make it hit the current target and any targets with 10m of the target like some other skills currently do.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Update 8/24: we have a fix that needs to be tested. If successful, it will be released in a future game update. Thanks for your patience!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Yes finally one of my friends also reached glorified and went for omnox we tested this, sadly this is also made its way to live as well.
    Hi aileen, thank you for testing and confirming this (hopefully unintended) behavior of the Eye of Omnox.

Zysa has filed a bug report for this item and I have linked your post in Zysa's bug report.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Sorry for the delay. This was fixed during last week's weekly game update. Since this is now fixed, I'm closing this thread. Thank you!

Closed Thread