+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Balidin

Thread: Lock Boxes No Longer Dropping in Open World

General of Telara

Default Lock Boxes No Longer Dropping in Open World

I don't know if this is a bug but lockboxes do not appear to be dropping in open world. I have not seen one this expansion. I am a guild leader and within my guild no-one has reported one dropping in the current expansion.

I recall a livestream 3-4 weeks back where Archonix confirmed that they would continue to drop in the new Zone but I do not believe they do in any zone. It looks like they were never added to the loot table.

You can still obtain the keys in game so I assume the lockboxes are supposed to be dropping.

Thanks

Bali

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug but lockboxes do not appear to be dropping in open world. I have not seen one this expansion. I am a guild leader and within my guild no-one has reported one dropping in the current expansion.

I recall a livestream 3-4 weeks back where Archonix confirmed that they would continue to drop in the new Zone but I do not believe they do in any zone. It looks like they were never added to the loot table.

You can still obtain the keys in game so I assume the lockboxes are supposed to be dropping.

Thanks

Bali
    Going to check the Auction House to see if any new ones are selling.

Plane Touched

pretty sure this is not a bug.....lockboxes were discontinued (they don't drop anymore)

I think we still get keys so ppl can still open any boxes they may still have in inventory

General of Telara

I thought this too but Archonix, the game director confirmed they dropped in a recent livestream. I know he did because it was my question he was answering. So either he didn't understand what I was asking (which I find unlikely), they removed them on purpose and he forgot or it's a bug. Some confirmation would be awesome
    Last edited by Balidin; 08-08-2017 at 08:22 AM.

I drop tons of the new unstables caches, which you cannot open with the keys. But since I came back 6 months ago, I still have to see one normal lockbox drop.

But there are still keys dropping, in patron daily gifts or weekly gifts.
    So yes, there is something not done correctly.
    If there are no more lockboxes dropping, the old keys are useless and must be replaced by unstables stabilisators (the thing to open the new caches we drop massively in low level zones).

We don't need old keys anymore, there are tons of them on AH, even if someone still has old boxes it is easy to get a key form AH or other players. And while patron boxes have been improved and are now good things, the keys still need to be changed for the new ones.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 08-09-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread