+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gneiseric

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Legendary Bloom will fail to cast at all if your target's target is out of range from

Default Legendary Bloom will fail to cast at all if your target's target is out of range from

Mage Chloromancer

Context: Legendary Bloom @self
    Expected: Casting this spell with the @self macro tag to always cast on yourself without failure.
    Observation: It fails to cast if your target's target is out of range of you. As if the spell is trying to cast on them as per cast through target's target for Bloom.
    Repro Steps:
    - Cast it on a target whose target is out of range from you
    - eg. Final boss in TD if spread far from the Tank

Deew explained that this is probably intentional behaviour but I believe it should be changed.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 08-02-2017 at 04:17 PM.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Mage Chloromancer

Context: Legendary Bloom @self
    Expected: Casting this spell with the @self macro tag to always cast on yourself without failure.
    Observation: It fails to cast if your target's target is out of range of you. As if the spell is trying to cast on them as per cast through target's target for Bloom.
    Repro Steps:
    - Cast it on a target whose target is out of range from you
    - eg. Final boss in TD if spread far from the Tank

Deew explained that this is probably intentional behaviour but I believe it should be changed.
    Sorry for the delay - we've added this to our internal list to take a look at. Thank you for reporting!

Prophet of Telara

The 5x Vile Spores of Legendary Bloom often do not hit targets with a big hit box, for example Malannon or High Priest Arakhurn. I suppose it's the same problem the warrior has with his AoE abilities or the Harbinger with Lucent Slash. Vladd mentioned in the Discord that this is an engine problem with the center of target and with all abilities that needs no target. The Vile Spores of Legendary Bloom belong to this category because they find their targets around the caster itself.

My suggestion would be to change Legendary Bloom that the Vile Spores needs a fixed target (like the normal Vile Spores) and only hit the target which the player has selected to get around the engine restrictions.

Rift Disciple

extra little bit of information ,
    even there is only one mob in the whole field , and you are targeting it as you are within 15m range and you use L.bloom (@self or not) , there will be chances that it will not fire 5x vile spores but only one or none even sometimes(the heal from bloom shows in number and logged by combat log).

In my personal experience most likely happens in open world ie. doing dailies(and sometimes in raid instances) . this was mentioned to devs months ago when the old rift community discord was still existing along with filing several bug reports.

According to Keyen's response on the old discord, it may occur becuz of the system not recognizing the damage , but in that case , the health of the mob should be reduced due to 5x VS damage no matter what.

If the combat log didnt recognize the damage , no numbers showing and the health of the mob didnt get reduced after L.bloom is fired and without vile spore animation , that means i fire off one L.bloom to do absolutely no damage?

any information on the subject will be appreciated thx
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 11-22-2017 at 05:27 AM.
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Soulwalker

Legendary Bloom also does not give charge (did not test the normal variant). The description says +15 charge, if this is intentional then it should be made clear in the Tooltip too.

+ Reply to Thread