Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Goddessdavida
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [FIXED] Celestial Adventures missing quest bug

Default [FIXED] Celestial Adventures missing quest bug

I've seen this twice now. It is very similar to issues we had a good while back with all adventures.

In the middle of a CA quest, you hear something like "rifts from the plane of fire..." announcing a zone event. At the conclusion of the immediate quest, I get a teleport notice to Gedlo Badlands on Greybriar (I think we were on Wolfsbane). You finally get out of combat, teleport, and everyone stands there with no quest.

Only thing I know to do is leave the party and give up. The key circumstance is this happens when a zone event started has forced a shard change. I understand why this needs to be done, its just not being done correctly.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 08-03-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: updated title

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

We have been trying to investigate this without luck since the release of 4.2. We have only run into (as players in game) upon joining a group already broken. And we were hitting dead ends in our investigations. Your clue about zone events might just be a missing piece, so thank you for that!

The hunt continues!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Goddessdavida View Post
    I've seen this twice now. It is very similar to issues we had a good while back with all adventures.

In the middle of a CA quest, you hear something like "rifts from the plane of fire..." announcing a zone event. At the conclusion of the immediate quest, I get a teleport notice to Gedlo Badlands on Greybriar (I think we were on Wolfsbane). You finally get out of combat, teleport, and everyone stands there with no quest.

Only thing I know to do is leave the party and give up. The key circumstance is this happens when a zone event started has forced a shard change. I understand why this needs to be done, its just not being done correctly.
    It looks like we've identified this issue and are working on a fix for it. Thanks for the great info, Goddessdavida.

One added thing I have noted:

Sometimes the raid changes shards for reasons unknown but not related to a zone event starting. In those cases, a quest is given BEFORE the teleport dialog pops up. On the zone event changes, this does not happen. I think that timing is maybe the closest I can get to a diagnosis w/o looking at any code!

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Update: this should have been fixed in our 8/2 game update. For more details, check out the official patch notes here.

Closed Thread