Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stihl

Thread: [NON-ISSUE] Sigil of Concentration giving ~2.7% instead of 3% crit power

Default [NON-ISSUE] Sigil of Concentration giving ~2.7% instead of 3% crit power

Time: 31/07/2017 3:34 AM (Server Time) @ Gelidra

Context: Yesterday I was testing some builds with my friend on my dimension, since 72 level dummies introduced to the game, we wanted to do full raid setup tests like archon and bard buffing one guy and using all consumables then we realized Sigil of Concentration was not increasing crit power by 3% but ~2.7%

Screenshots: Here is some screenshots with links

no sigil and 0 point on any soul
    sigil of concentration buff tooltip
    sigil of rage buff tooltip

Expected: When player used Sigil of Concentration it should increase crit power by 3%

Observed: As you can see from screenshots linked above I had 8684 critpower with 0 point on all souls without any buff when I used Sigil of Concentration it increased my critpower to 8923, with simple math 8923 / 8684 = 1,02752... so sigil increased my crit power by ~2.7% if we also compare attack power increase from sigil my attackpower went to 34091 from 33434 simple math 34091/33434 = 1,0196... which is almost 1.96% so both sigils actually not giving expected values thou i know/heard most of stats are having floating pointer on server side 1.96% is acceptable as 2% but Sigil of Concentration's increase is a bit far from acceptable standards.

PS: If this is not bug and works as intended could we please get formulas how this sigils work as most of us making spreadsheets for our own character progress this would help.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 07-31-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: updated title
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

The 15 crit power you receive from the WAR Planar Attunement and the 700 you receive from the synergy crystal bonus are not modified by the Sigil of Concentration.

(8923-715)/(8684-715)=1.02999

The discrepancy with the Sigil of Rage can also be accounted for with the attack power you receive from the various pages of Planar Attunement.

Planar Attunement and crystal bonuses have never been affected by any statistical increases (banners, sigils, resonance, etc.) and have always provided their benefits as a flat bonus on top of your base/gear modified values.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    The 15 crit power you receive from the WAR Planar Attunement and the 700 you receive from the synergy crystal bonus are not modified by the Sigil of Concentration.

(8923-715)/(8684-715)=1.02999

The discrepancy with the Sigil of Rage can also be accounted for with the attack power you receive from the various pages of Planar Attunement.

Planar Attunement and crystal bonuses have never been affected by any statistical increases (banners, sigils, resonance, etc.) and have always provided their benefits as a flat bonus on top of your base/gear modified values.
    Thanks good to know that ones are not counted on them and didn't know they work as buff instead of actual stats.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Closed Thread