Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [FIXED] Rare monster icons on VP not visible on map.

Default [FIXED] Rare monster icons on VP not visible on map.

Time: 27/07/2017 4:45 AM (Server time) @ Gelidra
    Context: After update icon on map for rare mobs with free loot on them are not shown properly, before patch icon shown on all rare mobs even with no free roll on them.
    Expected: Icons should be up there for rare mobs when you didn't kill them for free roll.
    Repro steps:
    1) Join game
    2) Go to Vostigar Peaks
    3) Open map and try to find rare mob icons.

Side note: Icon was there for samova and bloodseraph riancha possibly icons to show up either didn't reset with server reset time or icons only showed for rare mobs missed for achievement on that time or icon checks kill time difference rather than free loot status to show up in game.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 08-16-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: updated title
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Shadowlander

This is actually the expected behavior? The behavior at launch where they remained visible on the map when you had no free roll was the bug.

I'm much happier with the correct (current) behavior.

If you want to farm rares for free, you can just look at your map and you know that if any are visible, they are free.

If you want to farm rares using IRC, you just find one, and keep killing it. They respawn every minute or so.

Rift Master

It does seem like they vanish now if you killed them, but something still doesn't add up. Without killing any I cycled through all EU shards and saw 7 marks up. They have 1-2min respawn times so there should definitely be more up than that.

Now after killing those 7 I can't see any more marks on any shard. From what memory serves me last week i could find 10+ different mobs up on all shards combined.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 07-27-2017 at 04:58 AM.

it is very broken
    the rare markers should be up for me on all shards as i havnt killed any yet today, however im not seeing any, and was walking around doing the dailies and saw 2 different rares up that i hadnt killed yet. the marker on the map wasnt showing.
    killed them both and got the intel

also, for when its fixed..
    having the markers not show at all once you have killed them once is a bad plan imo. if that is how it is supposed to be, how are you supposed to see which rares are up on the map?
    before this bug hit i was able to open the map and wait til i had seen 4 different markers.. i keep track of which i have killed on a spreadsheet, so i knew that if all 4 that were up were ticked off already then i could switch shard. now i wont know if one i still need is going to pop ir if the 4 currently up are ones i have killed, as i wont be able to see the ones i have killed to count them.
    so please make it so that the symbol changes if you have killed the rare once, rather than the symbol disappearing completely!

On PTS before the final update they rare icon would only show if you havent killed the rare AT ALL. Which is cool because if you see the rare icon on your mini map (wasn't on world map yet) it would mean you need it for your achievement.

Guess some of it got reverted in the patch? (havent logged in this week).
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by samebira View Post
    This is actually the expected behavior? The behavior at launch where they remained visible on the map when you had no free roll was the bug.

I'm much happier with the correct (current) behavior.

If you want to farm rares for free, you can just look at your map and you know that if any are visible, they are free.

If you want to farm rares using IRC, you just find one, and keep killing it. They respawn every minute or so.
    Hello samebira,

Please before replying to someone on forums specially here at bug reports please read situation properly.

Rare mob icons on map should show up when you have free loot rights on them which is reseted daily basis at 4:00 am server time but on this occasion that resetted rights are not showed up on map which is hard to track, only ones showed on map was missed rares called "Samova and Bloodseraph riancha".

TL;DR: Rares with free loot right not showing up on map for unknown reasons.

I have submitted in game bug reports for the ones listed below. I haven't kept track of all the locations but can give rough estimates to the ones I have reported. In each case these did not show on my map and were not killed previously or prompted to use IRC.

not on map but killed first time at these locations roughly

Walking Death: 4264,1470
    Duplicate Prime: 4212, 1765
    Sleet Stalker: 3526,2341
    Chomper: 3158,2316
    Tornadex: 3608,3059
    Primus Auxilla: 3822,1710
    Murder Bot 9000: 3594,2865

These are the only ones I did see on the map today
    Ai-chak
    Experiment Alpha 2
    Frost Paw
    Ornish Wind (abbrev don't remember full name and my notes are sloppy)
    BloodSeraph Riancha
    Primus Hastati

I haven't seen any others on the map in the past 4 hours, except Oxidizer who is stuck in the ground and I haven't been able to kill.

Also this has been an issue since the servers came back on yesterday not just today.

Hope you guys a chance to look at this because I like farming the rares. Thanks!
    Last edited by Poshy; 07-27-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    it is very broken
    the rare markers should be up for me on all shards as i havnt killed any yet today, however im not seeing any, and was walking around doing the dailies and saw 2 different rares up that i hadnt killed yet. the marker on the map wasnt showing.
    killed them both and got the intel

also, for when its fixed..
    having the markers not show at all once you have killed them once is a bad plan imo. if that is how it is supposed to be, how are you supposed to see which rares are up on the map?
    before this bug hit i was able to open the map and wait til i had seen 4 different markers.. i keep track of which i have killed on a spreadsheet, so i knew that if all 4 that were up were ticked off already then i could switch shard. now i wont know if one i still need is going to pop ir if the 4 currently up are ones i have killed, as i wont be able to see the ones i have killed to count them.
    so please make it so that the symbol changes if you have killed the rare once, rather than the symbol disappearing completely!
    I really like your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I have submitted in game bug reports for the ones listed below. I haven't kept track of all the locations but can give rough estimates to the ones I have reported. In each case these did not show on my map and were not killed previously or prompted to use IRC.

not on map but killed first time at these locations roughly

Walking Death: 4264,1470
    Duplicate Prime: 4212, 1765
    Sleet Stalker: 3526,2341
    Chomper: 3158,2316
    Tornadex: 3608,3059
    Primus Auxilla: 3822,1710
    Murder Bot 9000: 3594,2865
    Trenton Z: 3720,2097
    Experiment Alpha 1: 4329,1475
    Kanteh: 3750,1967
    Eliminatus Prime: 3576,1654
    Bloodfeather: 3500,1800
    Copy Cat: 4111,3227
    C2A1-II: 4393,2718
    C2A2-III:4423,2379
    CIA3-IIV: 3799,2247
    Primus Eria: 3041,2041
    Primus Aug: 3273,1870
    IceFang: 3831,1552
    Alsbeth the D: 3825,3080

These are the only ones I did see on the map today
    Ai-chak
    Experiment Alpha 2
    Frost Paw
    Ornish Wind (abbrev don't remember full name and my notes are sloppy)
    BloodSeraph Riancha
    Primus Hastati: 3737,1550

I haven't seen any others on the map in the past 4 hours, except Oxidizer who is stuck in the ground and I haven't been able to kill.

Also this has been an issue since the servers came back on yesterday not just today.

Hope you guys a chance to look at this because I like farming the rares. Thanks!

I updated my post above from what I have found today. Thank you to the people in game that helped me find some that I could not remember.

Please note the coords are not exact but should get you close enough to /tar. I tried to get as much as I could. Some people don't seem to have an issue with their map at the start and then it starts getting worse, not sure if this is what was intended (like they are removed once killed). Also alot of people that have the achievement for finding all of these seemed to have the same issue as myself. At least those that talked with me in game.

I do not know if there is any correlation to the achievement and this issue. I completed the achievement yesterday not today and have not found Samova yet. Not sure if this is related or not.

Thanks
    Last edited by Poshy; 07-27-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Default [BUG REPORT] Rares Missing From the Map

Summary
    When Vostigar Peaks was launched, the icons that are used to indicate rare mobs state clearly that they should only show if they had not been killed by the person on that given day. The most recent patch fixed this problem. However, the flag for killing each rare is carried over even after server reset. The details are provided below.

Time
    This is an ongoing issue on the daily server cycle as of July 27, 2017 (4:01 AM PDT July 27th to 4:00 AM PDT July 28th, 2017).

Context
    On the previous daily cycle, my partner and I killed 29 rares. As of this post, we have killed three of these rares on the July 27th cycle and received rewards without being prompted for individual reward charges (IRC). No icons were shown on the map for these rares. On the other hand, of the 7 that were not killed on the previous cycle, two were up and both showed on the map. Killing these rares also yielded rewards without being prompted for IRC.

Expected
    At the start of tonight, we expected all rares to be visible on the map but none of them were.

Observed
    Only rares that were not killed in the previous raid cycle were visible on the map.

Reproduction
    I will update this post on the daily cycle of July 28, 2017 if this issue persists.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

Oxidizer can be accessed by a cave entrance south of his spawn point. Its hidden behind trees. In the cave he is between two pillars and looks awkward may be intended to be above ground
    Last edited by Poshy; 07-27-2017 at 09:42 PM.

It was reported here

Does anyone know if the devs have made any comments about this yet?

I havent had any rares on my map at all today on any shard and have manually located about a 3rd of them. Takes much much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Does anyone know if the devs have made any comments about this yet?

I havent had any rares on my map at all today on any shard and have manually located about a 3rd of them. Takes much much longer.
    We still didn't get any response from devs about this but this is normal when other people keep giving wrong informations on anywhere like works as intended, omg check what tooltip says icon is there when you have free loot without reading or trying to understand what posts are like.

Icon should shown up no matter is the free loot situation but should have extra information on it like you have free rolls on this mob or not, so that way people who want to spent IRC also could keep tracking rares on VP other than that I don't see any reason for IRC there for extra loot on this mobs if people can't even track them.

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    We still didn't get any response from devs about this but this is normal when other people keep giving wrong informations on anywhere like works as intended, omg check what tooltip says icon is there when you have free loot without reading or trying to understand what posts are like.

Icon should shown up no matter is the free loot situation but should have extra information on it like you have free rolls on this mob or not, so that way people who want to spent IRC also could keep tracking rares on VP other than that I don't see any reason for IRC there for extra loot on this mobs if people can't even track them.
    I don't fully understand what you are saying."This is normal when other people keep giving wrong information on anywhere like works as intended" Who has given wrong information?

The bug is rare icons are not on the map, even when you have free loot. Everything listed has mentioned that from what I can tell.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast