Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [FIXED] the enemy of my enemy, WEEKLY QUEST RESET???!!!

Default [FIXED] the enemy of my enemy, WEEKLY QUEST RESET???!!!

the weekly quest in vestigar peaks has reset back to 0/5
    most of us were not able to complete the 5/5 last week due to bugged quests.
    this quest should not be resetting!
    not everyone is able to play for hours every day.
    this quest should work like every other weekly in the game so you can complete it over a number of weeks if you need to.

very very disappointed in this!
    please assure us that this is a bug!
    Last edited by Yaviey; 08-03-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: updated title

Mine also reset
    Flashwit@Deepwood

Telaran

Nice I wanted to complete this quest today and now it's again at 0/5 and now I will not be able to complete it this week because I'm on vacation during the weekend

Is this working as intended? If yes, will other weekly and/or monthly quests behave the same way from now on?

Please let us know, because then we can plan ahead and prioritize quests if necessary.

Didn't Trion add a bug section to list stuff?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post

the weekly quest in vestigar peaks has reset back to 0/5
    most of us were not able to complete the 5/5 last week due to bugged quests.
    this quest should not be resetting!
    not everyone is able to play for hours every day.
    this quest should work like every other weekly in the game so you can complete it over a number of weeks if you need to.

very very disappointed in this!
    please assure us that this is a bug!
    Hi Caduto, we have confirmed that this is a bug and are working on a fix. Thanks for letting us know and apologies for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hi Caduto, we have confirmed that this is a bug and are working on a fix. Thanks for letting us know and apologies for the inconvenience.
    So those of us that had were only able to get to 4/5 last week, with 2 days of only being able to do 4 of the 5 dailies, (completely beyond our ability to finish all 5 dailies), will then get get credit for the missed Weekly quest, and then also be given the opportunity to complete this weeks Enemy of My Enemy quest?
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Soulwalker

Default RESETTING THE WEEKLIES TO 0/5??

On several of my characters, I had achieved 3/5 and 4/5 of the days toward the weekly quest The Enemy of My Enemy. After the reset this morning, all of my progress on all of my characters had been set to 0/5. SURELY Trion is not going to penalize players who do not have the time to complete all the dailies every day for 5 days out of the week!!
    Some RIFT players are limited by time, because of work, real life, etc, and punishing these players by making all of their progress on the daily tasks for naught, unless they can complete the ENTIRE FIVE DAYS' worth, is atrocious! At least let these players, and the casual players who don't log in every day, BANK their progress, like the old Sea of Ladon Raid Rifts. If a character only completed 2/5 required for the weekly, at least their quest was not reset to 0/5. They could simply complete the weekly quest the next week by participating in another 3 SoL Raids. I know this would keep Rifters much more content, to know that Trion was not rewarding their incomplete progress on the weekly by setting them all the way back to 0/5 days.

Just wanted to add here the fact that the quest 'Paint the Base red" was bugged preventing us from taking the next daily on the next day and thus it had to be abandoned as well as the weekly quest - unless I just simply trolled myself but yes, I have been stuck on 3/5 and the next day I did dailies again and had 3/5 again, but said to myself ok, I will see tomorrow if it's still not counting the completion for the weekly, alas, the counter reset to 0/5 and I could not verify that properly....

It wouldn't be a big deal if not for the fact that some players were able to finish the dailies without issues and thus progressed with the notoriety...

EDIT: as per the post above, here's hoping...
    Last edited by Grimmsie; 07-26-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

I agree, I got to 4/5 because of one day not getting credit for my dailies (quest didn't update) and another day getting stuck with a bugged daily, so I thought at least my weeklies would be easy this week.

If this was necessary for bug fixes and a one time thing, we can live with it, but if not, please ... change it.

Telaran

Same happened to me. I was at 4/5 and it got reset to 0/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    that you very much for the confirmation..
    will there be any sort of bonus for players who were not able to complete quests or had wekelies reset and other troubles?
    maybe a cache to our mailboxes with a bit of notoriety and intel in it?
    maybe you could only send this cache to player who have completed the first quest in the zone so far?

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    that you very much for the confirmation..
    will there be any sort of bonus for players who were not able to complete quests or had wekelies reset and other troubles?
    maybe a cache to our mailboxes with a bit of notoriety and intel in it?
    maybe you could only send this cache to player who have completed the first quest in the zone so far?
    Hey Caduto, we're working out the best way to proceed and will update when the team has made a decision.

Soulwalker

Same happened to me too (had 4/5).
    Wasnt be able to complete weekly quest chain because of Paint the Base Red quest bug.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast