+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Yaviey

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bug Reports - A How-To Guide

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb Bug Reports - A How-To Guide

Greetings Ascended!

Welcome to the RIFT Bug Report Forum! We want to give you a place to go to report things that aren't working like they should.

Here is a template to use, just to let you know the kind of info that is helpful for us. While you may not be able to provide extensive details in all categories, the more info you can provide, the more quickly we can pin down and squash those bugs.

Reporting a Bug:
    Search these forums to see if your issue has already been reported. If it has, add your comment to the existing thread. If it hasn't, make sure you post just one bug per report. A single thread with a generic title that lists a string of bugs is not going to be easy to track down and sort through.

Title your thread something related to the specifics of the bug you're reporting. Be as specific as possible.

Time: When did this happen? Give as specific a timeframe as possible. If it's always bugged, that's helpful too, so you can just say that.
    Context: Where did you find this bug? Was it in a specific region? Which? A specific dungeon/IA/raid? Which? If the bug is with an item, which specific item? The more details you provide, the more quickly we'll be able to replicate the issue.
    Expected: In one sentence what did you expect to happen? Example: I summoned my mount and expected to spawn Ashen Budgie.
    Observed: In one sentence what happened instead? Example: My character jumped in place.
    Repro Steps: Is this bug something you can easily reproduce? If so, give us a list of steps to reproduce it, so we can jump right into the fixing stage.
    Screenshots: Non-scaled, cropped as tightly as possible to the area of the screen highlighting problem. You can post to a third party site and embed the image from that link here in the forums. Make sure that the image you post shows everything we need to see.

Bug Report Example:

Time: Friday, October 12th, at 3:30 PM GMT
    Context: After I completed the quest Teacher's Pet in Quicksilver College, I pressed 1 to summon my mount Ashen Budgie, which was assigned to my hot bar.
    Expected: I expected my Ashen Budgie mount to appear
    Observed: Instead, my character started jumping in place.
    Repro Steps:
    1. Go to Quicksilver College.
    2. Click on Ashen Budgie mount to summon.
    3. Watch as character jumps in place.
    What About In-Game Bug Reports?
    In-game bug reporting is still definitely an important part of RIFT. Bugs reported in-game go directly to our devs and QA testers for review. However, we know that not everyone feels comfortable reporting bugs in this way so we created this forum section for your use.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 07-24-2017 at 11:26 AM. Reason: formatting

+ Reply to Thread