Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 1 Post By SleekHare

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [FIXED] can't target bewitched roots !!

Shadowlander

Default [FIXED] can't target bewitched roots !!

reached lvl 67 doing story quest, now can't go further cus can't target bewitched roots, so can't kill them for quest....is 67 lvl cap now then ??..lol
    Last edited by Yaviey; 08-03-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: updated title

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I am resurrecting this post, because I just experienced the same bug on one of my characters. It seems to be an occasional bug - it did not happen with my main previously. Filed a bug report in game as follows:

Quest: Circle of Thirteen.
    One of the Betwitched Roots to be destroyed was not targetable. LOC 5119 913 4604.
    I abandoned the quest, ran it again, same result with the same root. (I was grouped with friends for this, both of whom had completed the quest previously.

I logged back in the next day (solo) and was able to target ALL the roots.
    I was able to move on to the "Listen to Ahnket" step.

Side note: the NPC Drochelm <Circle of Thirteen> now just lies in the water as if dead, but he is not a corpse. I am not sure if that is by design or a minor bug.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I am resurrecting this post, because I just experienced the same bug on one of my characters. It seems to be an occasional bug - it did not happen with my main previously. Filed a bug report in game as follows:

Quest: Circle of Thirteen.
    One of the Betwitched Roots to be destroyed was not targetable. LOC 5119 913 4604.
    I abandoned the quest, ran it again, same result with the same root. (I was grouped with friends for this, both of whom had completed the quest previously.

I logged back in the next day (solo) and was able to target ALL the roots.
    I was able to move on to the "Listen to Ahnket" step.

Side note: the NPC Drochelm <Circle of Thirteen> now just lies in the water as if dead, but he is not a corpse. I am not sure if that is by design or a minor bug.
    thank you. i'll keep this template (?) in mind while submitting a request for help in the future.
    Last edited by fantasyy; 07-23-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Heheh, there is no "perfect" way to report bugs, but I do find that the more info I provide, the easier it is for QA and Dev to figure things out.

For instance, they'll often see something like, "Circle of Thirteen bugged. Can't kill root."
    Because I have done this before solo, I felt it worth mentioning that I was in a group last night, where the other members completed the quest. It's all a puzzle.

I bet I am still missing some useful info. For instance, there are cases where for some UNKNOWN reason, the level and or calling and or souls may cause a quest to glitch. Mysteries of code!

Soulwalker

I've noticed with doodad-type quests - my "technical" term for quests that require you to click on things like planted mushrooms - I sometimes have to circle around the doodad and come at it from a different angle to get it to react. At least, that's my perception of what's happening. I haven't checked this against the element of time.

I most recently noticed this for the Bewitched roots, and for the quest in the new zone that requires us to snuff out toxic mushrooms.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Good news! The team has identified some areas where story quests can get borked and are working on a fix. Thank you for bringing light to this issue and Brasse for helping, too!

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Hi all, this issue was fixed in our recent game update on 8/2. Thanks for letting us know so we could fix it!

Closed Thread