Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [FIXED] Story Quest "The Maze of Steel" bugged, can't progress

Soulwalker

Default [FIXED] Story Quest "The Maze of Steel" bugged, can't progress

This quest involves fighting Crucia and Ahnket. After several unsuccesful attempts, I can't enter the fighting area anymore, it's surrounded by a barrier as if I am inside.

1. I completely exited the instance
    2. I logged out
    3. I restarted the game
    4. I abandoned the quest and started again.

Nothing works. I need someone to look into this ASAP, since this is a story quest. Thanks!
    Last edited by Yaviey; 07-27-2017 at 05:09 PM. Reason: changed title

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Triblue View Post
    This quest involves fighting Crucia and Ahnket. After several unsuccesful attempts, I can't enter the fighting area anymore, it's surrounded by a barrier as if I am inside.

1. I completely exited the instance
    2. I logged out
    3. I restarted the game
    4. I abandoned the quest and started again.

Nothing works. I need someone to look into this ASAP, since this is a story quest. Thanks!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...21-2017-a.html
    * Quest: The Maze of Steel: Fixed an issue where sometimes players could become locked out of the fight area in the instance. However, additional fixes to this quest are coming in an upcoming hotfix.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Patch notes were were not up at the time of posting. Thanks

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

You could try to 'reset instances' when the shards come back up, assuming it's not fixed in the hotfix getting deployed right now.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    You could try to 'reset instances' when the shards come back up, assuming it's not fixed in the hotfix getting deployed right now.
    That actually makes sense. Thanks, Slipmat

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Triblue View Post
    That actually makes sense. Thanks, Slipmat
    Is this quest still bugged?

When I solo'd Crucia and Ahnket, they was still attacking me in their bubbles. I'm not sure how I can defeat them both with their OP attacks while in bubbles. Sometimes they attack me with their OP attacks at the same time or so. Hmm...
    Last edited by Ailell; 07-21-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Nereius@Faeblight

Rift Disciple

It took me probably 8 tries to finally get it using Defiler of all specs. In the spoiler are mechanics tips.
    Spoiler'd in case you want to figure them out yourself if you haven't already.

As for the bug, I never experienced it. How did you die? From normal damage or from the bosses special mechanics? And how long was your encounter duration?

Spoiler!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    It took me probably 8 tries to finally get it using Defiler of all specs. In the spoiler are mechanics tips.
    Spoiler'd in case you want to figure them out yourself if you haven't already.

As for the bug, I never experienced it. How did you die? From normal damage or from the bosses special mechanics? And how long was your encounter duration?

Spoiler!

Were they still attacking you while in bubbles? I know Concussion can be interrupted but beam of annihilation, I don't think so...

Edit: Nevermind, I did it. Yayyy. I do noticed that only Crucia attack while in her bubble. Just the thunder blast, nothing else. Not really sure if that's intended or not. Ahnket didn't attack while stuck in her bubble. <shrugs>
    Last edited by Ailell; 07-21-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Nereius@Faeblight

Soulwalker

I keep getting Ahnket to 20% health and then she becomes immune to damage, but Crucia is the one that is in the immunity bubble. They are at opposite ends of the area.

Standing in the side room as the npcs fight each other and prattle on.

Angry Ahnket's bubble never goes away

I have been having an issue with Ahnket in the Maze of Steel. Her "bubble" never goes away thus she will not take any damage. I have succesfully briught Crucia's health down to a point and then Kite her around waiting for the bubble to disappear on Ahnket. I end up dying each time. I have reset the instance, logged out and back in, restarted the game.....nothing works. Anyone else having theses issues?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Derschelm View Post
    I keep getting Ahnket to 20% health and then she becomes immune to damage, but Crucia is the one that is in the immunity bubble. They are at opposite ends of the area.

Standing in the side room as the npcs fight each other and prattle on.
    Thanks for the info, Derschelm. Going to ping the dev team and see what they say.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaloh View Post
    I have been having an issue with Ahnket in the Maze of Steel. Her "bubble" never goes away thus she will not take any damage. I have succesfully briught Crucia's health down to a point and then Kite her around waiting for the bubble to disappear on Ahnket. I end up dying each time. I have reset the instance, logged out and back in, restarted the game.....nothing works. Anyone else having theses issues?
    Hey Mikaloh, going to check with the dev team on this issue and will get back to you when I know more. Thanks for the info!

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Okay everyone, this is a known issue and we are looking into a fix.

Thank you for letting us know!

My husband and I both did Maze of Steel yesterday successfully. I Googled searched it and found a video on Youtube in German with English subtitles and we just did what the guy said to do and taa daa done!
    ...ɪɴᴠᴏᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴍʏ sᴛᴀʀs!

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Aslaug View Post
    My husband and I both did Maze of Steel yesterday successfully. I Googled searched it and found a video on Youtube in German with English subtitles and we just did what the guy said to do and taa daa done!
    Thanks, Aslaug! Do you by chance have a link to the video?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast