Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [NON-ISSUE] Stellar Trigger -- Stellar moan

Default [NON-ISSUE] Stellar Trigger -- Stellar moan

So I get that we arn't supposed to immediately be able to buy everything, but from the PTS prices to live the prices got super inflated.

But Stellar Triggers were 100 while gear and Trinkets were 500.

Now the Trinkets are 20k and the Gear is 8k. But Triggers are now 40k?

I'm really hoping that an extra 0 was added by mistake. With the amount of currency we can earn even grinding everything on a daily basis it'd still take a considerable amount of time just to get one trigger, let alone a trinket or two plus a few triggers.

Are the prices going to be assessed on a future date, or is there more content ahead that'll allow us to earn Intel faster?
    Last edited by Yaviey; 07-26-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: updated title

This is also something I thought of yesterday. I got an essence from a raid rift which requires 40k Intel to upgrade. Imagine a focus of raid rift essences..

Zone events seem to give 100 Intel in VP. Ive completed the story quest and done quite some carnages and quest and I Believe I have 1.5k Intel.

Are we suppoaed to do 400 zone events per essence? The new rais rift weekly gives 250 or so Intel which when you need 40k per essence is very Little.

Either Im missing something (perhaps its implied that we should to the weeklies etc on a bunch of alts seeing as the essences are BoA?) or the Intel Prices are Way too steep.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    Either Im missing something (perhaps its implied that we should to the weeklies etc on a bunch of alts seeing as the essences are BoA?) or the Intel Prices are Way too steep.
    Remember in worst case this content has to keep you busy until Feb. next year(4.3).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    So I get that we arn't supposed to immediately be able to buy everything, but from the PTS prices to live the prices got super inflated.

But Stellar Triggers were 100 while gear and Trinkets were 500.

Now the Trinkets are 20k and the Gear is 8k. But Triggers are now 40k?

I'm really hoping that an extra 0 was added by mistake. With the amount of currency we can earn even grinding everything on a daily basis it'd still take a considerable amount of time just to get one trigger, let alone a trinket or two plus a few triggers.

Are the prices going to be assessed on a future date, or is there more content ahead that'll allow us to earn Intel faster?
    I have 5600 Intel currency after using a 160% token vial all through the Story quests, Carnages, lots of rares, 6 Raid Rifts, AND 2 days of daily quests. So yea 40,000 intel for ONE upgrade component is insane!

Isp
    General of Telara

That is a general direction of Rift IMHO, with every new patch grind go into new level, even when you think that previous level is insane.
    Last edited by Isp; 07-21-2017 at 06:30 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

KILL ALL THE RARES.. EVERY DAY
    this gives a healthy amount of intel, along with all the dailies etc

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    KILL ALL THE RARES.. EVERY DAY
    Even if you farm them with irc all the time you get like 300-450 intel per hour so you only have to farm about 100h for one Stellar Trigger. So buying one trinket+ upgrade and 6 essence upgrades is only about 700h GRINDING.

Easiest way is to hope other players are opening and inviting you to raid rifts and tagging events.
    Last edited by legitN; 07-21-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    Even if you farm them with irc all the time you get like 300-450 intel per hour so you only have to farm about 100h for one Stellar Trigger. So buying one trinket+ upgrade and 6 essence upgrades is only about 700h GRINDING.

Easiest way is to hope other players are opening and inviting you to raid rifts and tagging events.
    doing only one piece of content every day and expecting maximum currency is a bad plan.
    you will note i said to kill all the rares every day AS WELL as doing all the dailies plus other stuff.
    basicly.. do your daily, close 3 DRR, kill all the rares ONCE and tag some zone events.
    this will give you max intel without spending a single IRC
    then go do something else!
    its only a grind if you MUST have all the things NOW.
    you dont need all the things now. if you choose to farm for all the things now and then complain that its a grind then your complaints will fall on very deaf ears.
    we have summerfest to keep us busy for the next few weeks anyways.. get to dailies only in VP as soon as you can and then enjoy the summer
    Last edited by caduto; 07-21-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Telaran

snip
    I guess in your universe time flows differently.

doing only one piece of content every day and expecting maximum currency is a bad plan.
    you will note i said to kill all the rares every day AS WELL as doing all the dailies plus...
    sure, so instead of a year it'll only take 8 months.

8 months of 8hrs a day grinding.

You should know that killing all the rares on a daily basis is pretty much the definition of insanity.
    Last edited by Zehne; 07-21-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Telaran

Default It's ofc not a grind

Dailies give you 230 Intel (If they are all fixed).
    10 rares are about 100-150 Intel (would also be easier if the feature would work and you don't have to make list what you already killed)
    3 different raid rifts are about 150 (again Iron Legion need a fix)
    2 zone events are 200(?) Intel
    That's 730 Intel per day if you play a good amount of time each day.
    That makes 5510 Intel together with both weeklies each week and if you not buy a single raid rift lure.
    So in 3 weeks you could do your Jetpack story quest.
    In 8 weeks of active playing you can upgrade one of your 6-12 essences(dd+tank)
    An other 11-44 weeks for trinkets(if you want variety or fill multiple roles).
    So it's only 36 months to get all your stuff in the worst case :P
    If you go with patron it's only 24 months worst case.
    It wouldn't hurt to put a multiplier of 10 to Intel earnings or heavy price adjustments.
    Last edited by legitN; 07-22-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Telaran

Intel prices relative to intel gain rate are outrageous period. And yes especially that trigger.
    Last edited by iulius; 07-22-2017 at 05:38 AM.

Telaran

The amount of grind required to upgrade a single lesser essence is absolutely absurd.

Its probably some kind of revenge for us complaining that there's not been much to do for the first 9 months of the expansion. Now we have something to do until they release return to intrepid drowned halls next February.

Did a raid rift yesterday (one of each actually) and finished the story line, most of the carnages (33/35) and the first set of dailies. Ended up under 2k intel and I know I will be generating much less now the story line is complete.

I got a Dex/CP essence (it is fabulous, shard first, genuinely happy). I noticed I had all the components for both upgrades bar the stellar and a guildy later told me it was 40k intel. WTF? I had to assume it was a fat finger typo so i checked myself. WTF^2! So must be a dev fat finger typo I thought... or maybe T2 bosses will drop 5k intel or something... right? There must have been a reason to put this massive gate in place.

Waiting to hear I guess. Otherwise I was really happy with the patch, but that one jumped out like the proverbial dog's whatsits.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    So it's only 36 months to get all your stuff in the worst case
    So worst case when you're doing everything DAILY it'll take 3 years.

^enough said.
    Last edited by Zehne; 07-22-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast