+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early Game

Soulwalker

Default Early Game

yes im still having a hard time leveling up my rogue...its my first and only char, I am lvl 37 and i really do not enjoy the game !

I know real fun begins at higher lvl ( what is the max lvl btw ? ) but im just too lazy to lvl up and have no time with studies and work.

I joined this game almost a year from now and im still 37. I Hope u guys help me to find a good way a fast and a fun way to lvl up. because its really a boring game. but I know it will become more fun !

and just one more little stupide question. can someone enjoy Rift without paying a dollars ? I mean is it a pay to win or pay to get awesome gear like this :

Wich gear is that btw ?
    Last edited by Haatym; 12-01-2014 at 05:27 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Buy instant lvl 60 pack for 30$. Tada.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Buy instant lvl 60 pack for 30$. Tada.
    I have mentioned that i wont wast any dollars so no thank you

Soulwalker

Not spending money = having to grind levels (just like all mmos)

If you aren't enjoying the game, then play something else. It's supposed to be fun, and if you aren't enjoying it then I would try a different game.

Soulwalker

ok then is it normal to look like this at lvl 37 ?

I mean I look like **** ! is there a way to get cool gears from somewhere > dungeons ? pvp ?

im not far from 60 ! is that the max lvl ?
    Last edited by Haatym; 12-01-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

the guy in the 1st screenshot is wearing the lvl 50 T3 rogue raid set (unfortunately, its not available for raid anymore, however, you can buy the credit version in the store. search for "infernal leather bundle" on the wardrobe page of rift store)

there;s an alternative, however, go to :
    rift store > equipment > armor
    then set the level to 50-50, class to rogue and scroll a bit, you'll see the items which cost favor (eared thru pvp). At max level, you can grind out the full set in like 1-2 weeks.

OR you can spend credits for it.
    Rift store > wardrobe > select PvP armor. scrolldown to "pathfinder" or "reaper" bundle.

The bow can be from 2 sources : 1. lvl 50 raid, Infernal Dawn (drops from boss named Laethys), 2. its the lvl 50 guardian bow.

ok, i checked, the bow is from ID, but there;s an easier alternative : lvl 50 PVP bow. costs 27k favor.

also, check out your "wardrobe" page, you can stick any sort of armor in there, it'll display THAT in the world.

Plane Touched

The fastest way to level used to be to queue for dungeons and warfronts as often as possible, and do IA's in the meantime. I don't know if it still is.

Besides that, the rogue class is the hardest of all to level using solo content, simply because it's so hard to stay alive with almost no healing options available... your best bet is to find a good pvp build from the forums and always carry a few potions and food/drink with you. The AH is great for potions because people are trying to unload what they crafted when leveling the apothecary skill so you can get them cheap... You can still buy from the AH even if you can't sell there

Or you can start off with a different character. I find the Druidicar build is great for solo content, though past level 57, you want to make sure you're never fighting exactly 3 opponents at once at that point. (1 or 2 is ok, and 4 or 5 is ok too). Once you have a level 60 toon you can send your lower level guy some money to buy better gear and stay alive longer that way.

EDIT: Also, max level is 65 right now
    Last edited by Quwo; 12-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Telaran

Do story quests, and any others that come up. Random dungeons using the lfg til are also a good way to level as well as get group experience. Once you hit 48 you can go to the Storm Legion zones, which give exponentially higher XP as quest rewards.

For rogues, nightblade and ranger are generally the two best leveling specs from my experience. If you're going to use a melee soul, you want to have riftstalker as your 2nd soul for defense/survivability. If you have tactician, it's great to put a few points in to get creative engine, makes a huge survivability difference.

Hope this advice helps, but as others have said if you're really not having fun you should probably find a different game, because MMOs are by nature very grind oriented. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Soulwalker

Default Android App Development

It is really a nice game. Would you like to create an game app to your mobile just contact softwaredevelopersuk. Android has created an environment where both users and developers benefit from unparalleled openness and control. Software Developers UK App engineers have mastered this as a foundation for creating versatile custom android apps which have become hugely successful. See more at http://www.softwaredevelopers.co.uk/...velopment.html

Rogues are easy to level, trust me, I've gotten 3 of them to level 60+. For solo work, they are the fastest if you only take on 1-3 monsters at a time, so unless you just dive head long into a pack of monsters mindlessly, as long as you pick when your fight, you will be fine. Clerics and Mages are very survivable, especially Harbinger in a pack of monsters, but Rogues are easy solo with a Ranger spec.

You can make your character look how ever you want. The hardest thing is to find what you want because there are so many choices. A good thing to do is stand around a populated area, click on someone you like the look of, then look at their gear and see what they are wearing. If you are a crafter, or have access to one, then you can also easily dye items to what ever color you want, and each item has 2 areas to put color on, so you can even make the same gear look totally different. Costumes are easy to come by, either by crafting or by buying in game items.

And buying items with credits doesn't mean you have to spend money. You can get 1250 credits via REX, which people often sell for 1100 platinum. So you can buy a ton of credits by trading it for loot that you find for free in game.

I always had lots of fun leveling up. Typically I just use the zone progression, combining quests, rifts, carnage and all my daily WFs (best leveling gear). I never left a zone until gasthering skills were maxxed for level. IME, it goes really really fast.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/72 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread