Soulwalker

Default FPS at Conquest

Hello everyone,

First of all, this is my current pc specs

- AMD Phenom II x4 965
    - Asus M4A77T Motherboard
    - 12 GB Ram
    - Asus GTX 580 Matrix

Now for my problem, everytime i get into a raid fight at conquest, my fps drops from 40-50 to 5-10, and this is with low settings, so can anyone help me? Is this related with the CPU or GPU?

Thx in advance
    SpoPito

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SpoPito View Post
    Hello everyone,

First of all, this is my current pc specs

- AMD Phenom II x4 965
    - Asus M4A77T Motherboard
    - 12 GB Ram
    - Asus GTX 580 Matrix

Now for my problem, everytime i get into a raid fight at conquest, my fps drops from 40-50 to 5-10, and this is with low settings, so can anyone help me? Is this related with the CPU or GPU?

Thx in advance
    SpoPito
    It has nothing to do with your gpu. Your CPU is causing the issue. I have a overclocked AMD FX6300 gaming rig which plays every modern games great, but having fps issue in Rift. Rift engine mainly uses 1 big main thread, AMD processors has much lower per-thread/core performance than Intel offerings hence you are seeing huge fps drop.

Even with an Core i7 CQ will still severely drop your framerate by half, but 20 to 30 fps is simply so much more playable than AMD's 5 to 10 fps.

One thing to remember, when Rift was released, there was no plan for CQ so AMD users werent as screwed as it is now. But many mmo offering RvR type of large scale pvp, and CQ is Rift's answer to a RvR-esque PvP. Heavily single threaded engine was never designed to render hundreds of player on one screen, and your only bet is to get a good single thread performance cpu.
    Last edited by EzPyroman; 08-16-2014 at 11:36 AM.

you can't do anything

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DrainHeart View Post
    you can't do anything
    Technically you can.
    Switching from AMD FX 6300 to Intel i7 4770k using the same memory, graphics card and SSD that I parted off my fx6300 using the same internet connection, I gained about 3 times the fps from 7 to 12 fps to 20 to 30fps

Soulwalker

So the only way to improve the fps, is to upgrade my desktop to intel? Hmm..At the moment i dont have the money to buy an i7, i guess i have to save some money.

Thx for the answers
    SpoPito

Champion

Have you tried turning off seeing other peoples spell effects?

Interface>combat>hide other players hit fx (hides particle effects when other players hit their target)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Have you tried turning off seeing other peoples spell effects?

Interface>combat>hide other players hit fx (hides particle effects when other players hit their target)
    Actualy i haven't, but i will

Thx

Soulwalker

Technically you can.
    Switching from AMD FX 6300 to Intel i7 4770k using the same memory, graphics card and SSD that I parted off my fx6300 using the same internet connection, I gained about 3 times the fps from 7 to 12 fps to 20 to 30fps
    I am currently running an i7 3.07GHz with dual GTX 460 graphics cards, SSD and 16gig of memory and i still drop to 7-10 fps in CQ with all graphic settings as low as possible. Kinda blows.. not sure how ppl can compete with fps that low

+ Reply to Thread