+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Framerate

Quote Originally Posted by j

hmmm... Maybe i'll try the onboard card then. I'm going to have to get my other pc fixed. I had cooling issues and built a home made waterpipe throughout the inside of the tower, that ran on a ford fiesta's waterpump and powered by a small electric motor.
    trlollololololololollllll
    Last edited by Skup; 06-09-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Rank 50 Warrior
    7/8 ID --- 4/4 PF
    /yawn

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skup View Post
    my old system was an i5 with a single slot 1gb 6750 and i ran rift on ultra every day...
    Not sure if you noticed, But a 6750 is more than 6 times faster than a 5450 . . . do if you got 40FPS... divide it by 6 . . . and get 6FPS.

I realize it's not quite that simple, but a 6750 is a lower mid range gaming card, the 5450 is not even a gaming card at all.

Your lucky to even have that - On bad days my Rift is on 5fps, and sometimes it peaks to 10 but that's very rare. This is all on a low quality renderer btw

Soulwalker

Default Problem when playing

Hello, when i am playing rift , it takes a long time to load my character into the world, sometimes it stops at 90+ % .. Also when i play the game stucks and give a rift error. I had this several times. Sometimes the screen stand still and stuck, after some sec it is back again.. This is very annoying and i don't know what to do, can anyone help?

Soulwalker

listen to the guys that have told you that the amount of RAM your GPU has has absolutely nthing to do with the framerate or performance it will render in any game

the amount of RAM on a GPU simply put, taking SKyrim for example, lets you use all those HD texture packs and have those loaded to the GPU's RAM instead of SYSTEM RAM which you said you have 8GB of. RAM will not speed up anything unless your running out, which you arent

you need to pay attention to clocks, shaders, etc and the rest of the clock speeds, texture fill rates, gigatexels per second it can render etc.

like the guy above said, seeing 2gb on a gpu means nothing more than a simple marketing hook to make people that dont actually know what to get as an upgrade simply sees 2gb ram omg !!!1111! and thinking they are going to double their performance from a 1gb card

for example, you run a slide show with a 2gb card, i run a radeon 6950 with only 1GB GPU RAM on 8gb SYSTEM ram.......i see a constant 60fps with vsync on.

upgrade that gpu and dont pay attention to the ram. 1gb gddr5 is fine unless u intend on modding the hell out of whatever game your playing. what you need to look at are clock speeds and capabilities

pro-tip. look up on google a comparison chart, type "radeon 5450 vs 6950" and check the comparisons between your card and mine..........below are some hard numbers for you took look at...........

keep in mind im running a 1gb card, where yours is 2gb but you can see the HUGE performance jumps from yours to mine. i know it can be hard to face facts sometimes....but upgrade that gpu man!!! you'll thank yourself later

GL man!

Significantly higher clock speed 880 MHz vs 650 MHz More than 35% higher clock speed

Much higher effective memory clock speed 5,500 MHz vs 666 MHz More than 8.2x higher effective memory clock speed

Significantly better floating-point performance 2,703 GFLOPS vs 104 GFLOPS Around 26x better floating-point performance

Significantly higher memory bandwidth 176 GB/s vs 5.33 GB/s More than 33x higher memory bandwidth

Significantly higher pixel rate 28.2 GPixel/s vs 2.6 GPixel/s More than 10.8x higher pixel rate

Significantly higher texture rate 84.5 GTexel/s vs 5.2 GTexel/s Around 16.2x higher texture rate

Significantly more render output processors 32 vs 4 28 more render output processors

Significantly more shading units 1,536 vs 80 1456 more shading units

Much higher memory clock speed 1,375 MHz vs 333 MHz Around 4.2x higher memory clock speed

Significantly more texture mapping units 96 vs 8 88 more texture mapping units

Significantly more compute units 24 vs 2 22 more compute units

Significantly wider memory bus 256 bit vs 64 bit 4x wider memory bus

edit: FML i just necroed a thread. sorry guys!
    Last edited by AftaShock; 02-20-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: A wild Necromancer appeared!

While you all are giving this sound advice I suppose I need some help too. I have a FX-8350 and a R9 270X, 16Gb ram and I look at rift on ultra hoping I'll see it hit 20-25fps starting at a wall...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AftaShock View Post
    listen to the guys that have told you that the amount of RAM your GPU has has absolutely nthing to do with the framerate or performance it will render in any game

the amount of RAM on a GPU simply put, taking SKyrim for example, lets you use all those HD texture packs and have those loaded to the GPU's RAM instead of SYSTEM RAM which you said you have 8GB of. RAM will not speed up anything unless your running out, which you arent

you need to pay attention to clocks, shaders, etc and the rest of the clock speeds, texture fill rates, gigatexels per second it can render etc.

like the guy above said, seeing 2gb on a gpu means nothing more than a simple marketing hook to make people that dont actually know what to get as an upgrade simply sees 2gb ram omg !!!1111! and thinking they are going to double their performance from a 1gb card

for example, you run a slide show with a 2gb card, i run a radeon 6950 with only 1GB GPU RAM on 8gb SYSTEM ram.......i see a constant 60fps with vsync on.

upgrade that gpu and dont pay attention to the ram. 1gb gddr5 is fine unless u intend on modding the hell out of whatever game your playing. what you need to look at are clock speeds and capabilities

pro-tip. look up on google a comparison chart, type "radeon 5450 vs 6950" and check the comparisons between your card and mine..........below are some hard numbers for you took look at...........

keep in mind im running a 1gb card, where yours is 2gb but you can see the HUGE performance jumps from yours to mine. i know it can be hard to face facts sometimes....but upgrade that gpu man!!! you'll thank yourself later

GL man!

Significantly higher clock speed 880 MHz vs 650 MHz More than 35% higher clock speed

Much higher effective memory clock speed 5,500 MHz vs 666 MHz More than 8.2x higher effective memory clock speed

Significantly better floating-point performance 2,703 GFLOPS vs 104 GFLOPS Around 26x better floating-point performance

Significantly higher memory bandwidth 176 GB/s vs 5.33 GB/s More than 33x higher memory bandwidth

Significantly higher pixel rate 28.2 GPixel/s vs 2.6 GPixel/s More than 10.8x higher pixel rate

Significantly higher texture rate 84.5 GTexel/s vs 5.2 GTexel/s Around 16.2x higher texture rate

Significantly more render output processors 32 vs 4 28 more render output processors

Significantly more shading units 1,536 vs 80 1456 more shading units

Much higher memory clock speed 1,375 MHz vs 333 MHz Around 4.2x higher memory clock speed

Significantly more texture mapping units 96 vs 8 88 more texture mapping units

Significantly more compute units 24 vs 2 22 more compute units

Significantly wider memory bus 256 bit vs 64 bit 4x wider memory bus

edit: FML i just necroed a thread. sorry guys!
    Do you play Necro in game?

Cause this thread is 2 years old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2