+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A PVP question from a returning player

Soulwalker

Default A PVP question from a returning player

65 MM

I currently have an enslaved set, i believe thats T3 (yes, pay to win), and I plan to PVP alot. I am curious how well that compares to the pvp sets like warmonger. Also curious to learn more about bolstering, and how much this will effect my set in pvp.

Same applies to my weapons, T3 off mall, how do they compare, and whats best

What is the absolute best set for PVP? where to get it?

What is the Absolute Best set for PVE? where to get it?

PvP right now caps at T2 epic so anything above that is downbolstered. BiS gear for PvE comes from Mind of Madness raid and Comet of Ahnket raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    PvP right now caps at T2 epic so anything above that is downbolstered. BiS gear for PvE comes from Mind of Madness raid and Comet of Ahnket raid.
    if my gear is downbolstered, is it anywhere near competitive with the top pvp sets?

BiS means "Best"?

Quote Originally Posted by nickrand111 View Post
    if my gear is downbolstered, is it anywhere near competitive with the top pvp sets?

BiS means "Best"?
    Yes, it's still competitive. I'm not a big pvper and I have all T3 gear but weapons (still using T2 relics). Just about every item I have is downbolstered. The only thing about downbolstering is that you lose procs and I believe (not 100% sure) weapon enchants like orbs, runes, stones. But it is more than enough to compete. Make sure you're side grading pieces as well. If you plan on pvping with that set, you want to be at the softcap when you're in the instance.
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

For warrior and rogue absolutely best PvP set is:

-full t4 relic PvE armor + accessories (CoA raid upgraded)
    -T2 or NTE trinket
    -weapons: T4 relic weapon (CoA upgraded) with 8% proc in Main Hand and weapon with Ice Zerker proc in offhand.
    -PvP greater essences (transform proc, flame proc)

For PvE:
    -t4 CoA upgraded relics from CoA
    -t3 trinket (MoM raid)
    -greater essences with 153 procs (water and air one)

Most of what u need for best endgame gear can be found in Comet of Ahnket raid.

Not sure whats the case with weapons for other classes in PvP sets tho.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    For warrior and rogue absolutely best PvP set is:

-full t4 relic PvE armor + accessories (CoA raid upgraded)
    -T2 or NTE trinket
    -weapons: T4 relic weapon (CoA upgraded) with 8% proc in Main Hand and weapon with Ice Zerker proc in offhand.
    -PvP greater essences (transform proc, flame proc)

For PvE:
    -t4 CoA upgraded relics from CoA
    -t3 trinket (MoM raid)
    -greater essences with 153 procs (water and air one)

Most of what u need for best endgame gear can be found in Comet of Ahnket raid.

Not sure whats the case with weapons for other classes in PvP sets tho.
    whats this mean? "t4 relic PvE armor" "NTE trinket" "CoA" "MoM"? got names of gears and locations? and location where its obtained? I appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrand111 View Post
    whats this mean? "t4 relic PvE armor" "NTE trinket" "CoA" "MoM"? got names of gears and locations? and location where its obtained? I appreciate your help.
    t4 relic PvE armor (It's actually t3.5, but that's another debate entirely) comes from the 10 man raid Comet of Ahnket (or CoA for short). NTE trinket refers to the trinket that drops on the last boss of Empyrean Core Nightmare Tide Expert dungeon. If you can get the dps trinket from Anrak, the first boss in the T2 raid, intrepid: Gilded Prophecy, it's better. There are also crafted trinkets you can make. MoM is the T3 20 man.

Plane Walker

Edited post because I didn't realize you were in full T3. Just make sure you're at 40% Crit Power, and convert the rest into Attack Power.

In PvP, procs are BiS. You should get the three Warmonger weapons (bow, main-hand, off-hand), unless you can get the weapon from CoA as Sahtiaro mentions. Otherwise, with the Warmonger weapons, you should be more than fine. To get the 5% PvP damage boost, you need to also have the bow, along with two other of the following: 1) Trinket (BiS for PvP); 2) Cape; and 3) Neck.

If you can afford to get it, make sure to have Flamesource and Dreamsource proc essences if you plan to play as DPS. Otherwise, I use the PvP essences, which are Brimstone and Rotwell (even I forgot the exact name of the essence, but it's a flat Death damage proc).

Make sure you just know how to play your class, run away from classes that are OP against yours, or utilize your abilities to outplay your opponent. This, along with applying the right consumables (recon vials, stones, pots, insoles, padding, armor, chaps) will help you immensely in PvP. Lastly, make sure to apply guild buffs/planar buffs for PvP like Blood Thirsty, Killing Spree, Weapon Aegis, etc.
    Last edited by Wonski; 07-14-2016 at 08:24 PM.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread