+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Healer Killer?

Shadowlander

Default PvP Healer Killer?

Anyone have a spec for a rogue that can focus on and take out a healer? I have all sub souls, willing to try anything. Thanks.

Shadowlander

Wish I could help, but I don't have any idea what a good spec would be, perhaps Assassin?

It's telling though that you have had almost 80 views and this is the first response.
    I wondering in the current game whether the answer is that there is no decent spec to take out a healer. Have read before that it takes two decently geared players to take one fairly good healer out.

What kills good Frostkeeper?

-nothing
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    What kills good Frostkeeper?

-nothing
    whats kills a good healer regardless of class unless its chlro? nothing

to the OP you shouldnt expect to solo any healer, again except chlro, unless they are undergeared or just really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SafraLynn View Post
    Anyone have a spec for a rogue that can focus on and take out a healer? I have all sub souls, willing to try anything. Thanks.
    To actually answer your question :

61NB when it's burst is timed well can down most healers in WF's especially if you're playing smart with other dps on your own team. NB lacks an interrupt, but it's burst is insane and catches a lot of people off guard.

61 marks can down healers as well, but you would have to time CC. Marks is safer though, and can burst longer than NB, and has better sustain.

Lastly, 61 sin can do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Healers are usually smack dab in the middle of everything, so getting to them while remaining stealthed can be a hassle.

Biggest tricks to downing any healer though are these :
    - Most important before anything else : MARK THEM. I cannot stress this enough.

- Do you have a purge? If so, use it on healers who rely on buffs

- Have an interrupt? Use it. Bonus if a CC is attached to that interrupt.

- Save CC for when you know you can burst them, I.E don't stun a healer at 100% HP, you'll burst them to 30 or 40% and then you won't have any other CC, wait until they are sub 80% at least

- If you can knock a healer with a knockback do so, often times they will have to move back into position before healing again.

- timing timing timing, if you can force a healer off rhythm you can kill them

Other than that, remember that without good gear, you will do less dps which means the healer stays alive longer which means the healer can heal longer. Most of pvp in rift is a simple gear check, I.E if you vastly outgear someone, you can play @ 2fps and just spam your mouse button and you'll most likely still win.

Don't listen to any pvper who says you can't down a healer, it's hard work, but it's possible. FK's are about the only exception atm because they are still ridiculously strong.
    Last edited by Orochan; 07-03-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Shadowlander

I went on Holiday, otherwise would have checked back sooner.

Unfortunately you have all confirmed what I feared was the answer. I confess to becoming frustrated in WFs when faced with the un-killable. Put a couple of FKs together and the WF becomes ridiculous, at least IMHO.

Though I prefer MM, and purge ever time it's off CD, I just cannot get the job done.So I will try and learn NB, thanks Orochan.

My appreciation for the responses.

Rift Disciple

61Nightblade does get an interupt if you use the shadeborn 15point off soul (even in pvp consuming depths procs like a truck, there has been a few times ive managed to kill a healer quicker using it)

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

The best way to take out healers in Warfronts is to use teamwork. Time your burst, coordinate with others, and they have a lot harder time surviving. Work in pairs or trios when at all possible, then pretty much everything melts.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    The best way to take out healers in Warfronts is to use teamwork. Time your burst, coordinate with others, and they have a lot harder time surviving. Work in pairs or trios when at all possible, then pretty much everything melts.
    You cant kill a good Gear Frostkeeper(Healer) with 2-3 DPS People

Work in pairs or trios when at all possible
    ocho, it appears that the healers thought of that before we did.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It works both ways, gimp healers on enemy side, you also gimp healers on your side

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnenklang View Post
    You cant kill a good Gear Frostkeeper(Healer) with 2-3 DPS People
    Get more purges.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Plane Walker

Frostkeepers are the only healers that are remotely difficult by themself. Truly takes a couple people. No other healers are difficult with 2 people to kill by themself.

Add in cross healing and they all can get tougher to kill. But they should be more difficult to kill when there is cross healing. Change that much and no one will ever heal.

Just wish FK's would get fixed, I've mostly stopped healing until it gets fixed. And I used to heal most of the time. Just hate perpetuating the idea that heals are OP right now when it's just one class.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post

Just wish FK's would get fixed... Just hate perpetuating the idea that heals are OP right now when it's just one class.
    That is a fair comment.

^
    this right here.

the only way you're going to kill a decent+ healer is to focus them... otherwise all you're doing is pissing in the wind and getting wet.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast