+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pyromancer PvP Guide! (Video)

Plane Touched

Default Pyromancer PvP Guide! (Video)

Hello all!

I've been playing a lot of Pyromancer lately and decided to make an updated guide for it. This is a guide for those just learning the role and want it to be eaiser to pick up and play (aka 95% of the playerbase).

Video: https://youtu.be/fMf5mdkNqbU?list=PL...YuYNvH8eC7KJfX

Hope you enjoy! Remember, I do giveaways almost every weekend on my channel!
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

Hey Grim,

I don't have fulminate on a macro. I have it on middle mouse button, I find this suits my style better. I don't class myself as a pro lol, but this works better for me getting the cast off asap.

Cheers mate.

Have you changed up the macro at all?
    (NA 65 and under PvP Guild "The High Ground"
    Dimension Warfronts and group/guild PvP)

https://www.facebook.com/Rift-NA-PVP...4823102520026/
    Lobotomeyes 65 mage, Merklasalkrem 65 Rogue.
    Numerous low level Pvpers.

Plane Touched

I don't put it on a macro myself. I have it on the floating hotbar to see when it is ready. I put it in the macro in the video for the sake of making it easier for someone to pick up the build and run with it.

Ah, nice.

Other than that the build is very similar to my own.

Only other difference is I use is Ethereal blast for more dps, and just hope I have a decent healer, because otherwise SQUISH xD

You should stop assuming your audience is dumb

This is a guide for those just learning the role and want it to be eaiser to pick up and play (aka 95% of the playerbase).
    I don't put it on a macro myself. I have it on the floating hotbar to see when it is ready. I put it in the macro in the video for the sake of making it easier for someone to pick up the build and run with it.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 06-02-2016 at 11:38 PM.

How is he assuming the 'audience'? lol is dumb? ( You realize an audience WATCHES, not participates)

As it states, it's a guide for people LEARNING that may find it DIFFICULT, ie, 95% of NEW PLAYERS.

Maybe you shouldn't assume he is referring to the entire player base when it states it's a guide for beginners. .

cast Internalize Charge (-50charge)
    cast Fulminate (-60 charge)

How the 2nd one should work from this? :P

cast Fusillade
    cast Flame Volley

Both channels should be in Internalize Charge macro as well for more efficiency :P

cast @gtae Fire Storm
    Yeah, let somebody else cast Countdown and Improved Flame Bolt! :P

Hope to see more pyromancers on WFs with those macros and playstyles! :P Sorry, I'm so noxious this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodomeyes View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't assume he is referring to the entire player base when it states it's a guide for beginners. .
    No he said playerbase.

This is a guide for those just learning the role and want it to be eaiser to pick up and play (aka 95% of the playerbase).

And what has that to do with him 'assuming' the audience is dumb? I think you are taking it out of context, he states "This is a guide for those just learning the role and want it to be eaiser to pick up and play (aka 95% of the playerbase). " which I would translate as 'anyone new to playing pyromancer, and I'm sure 95% of people would want learning a new role to be 'as simple as possible' lol. But take it how you will, I'm not derailing this any further. .

Sounds like you are trying to pick a fight just for the sake of picking a fight. .

The problem with guides like this is that so many players will do exactly what is said and have no desire to get better. These guides just perpetuate the problem of players not playing their specs well. If someone is learning Marksman (sorry, don't play Mage so can't make a Mage analogy), and you tell them to put Lightning Fury, Calculated Shot in the builder, while they're "learning", they're going to do it and chances are, it'll stay like that. So many people in this game are not willing or don't have the desire to get better.

There's a huge difference between playing a spec properly and minmaxing. Playing a spec properly means managing Lightning Fury and Calculated Shot on their own. Minmaxing is using two calculated shots before the cooldown block to have more calculated shots than swift shots.

Best thing you can do when creating guides is to explain how you play, explain the opportunity for minmaxing, and offer suggestions to those learning. Don't teach someone else to play in a way that you wouldn't play yourself.
    R.I.P.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shel@Zaviel View Post
    cast Internalize Charge (-50charge)
    cast Fulminate (-60 charge)

How the 2nd one should work from this? :P

cast Fusillade
    cast Flame Volley

Both channels should be in Internalize Charge macro as well for more efficiency :P

cast @gtae Fire Storm
    Yeah, let somebody else cast Countdown and Improved Flame Bolt! :P

Hope to see more pyromancers on WFs with those macros and playstyles! :P Sorry, I'm so noxious this morning...
    I'm assuming the people posting are just trying to nit-pick.

To start off with, if you watch the video I say when to hit the internalize charge macro and when to hit the one for fulminate. The macro with both has other spells in between that can build charge and allow the combo to work. It's just there as an added way to fire it off if the conditions are right.

As for putting interalize charge in a macro with burst abilities, are you telling me to put more things in macros? If you use KAlerts like any average player does then you will know when your interalize charge is up and to hit your burst abilities. I even talk about it in the video.

I have been meaning to put countdown in the fire storm macro for the guide but just haven't done it. As for flame bolt, I don't want it there. If I am wanting to AOE, I don't want ST spells to be firing off if they are proc'd and delaying my AOE. Preferences, you know? This is a PvP guide so the players aren't going to stay in one place like monsters would.

Not sure what the point is of nitpicking because you do your macros different due to preferences and act like my way is bad.

For Artwig's comment, I disagree. I think most players start playing a spec very basic and work up from there. That is why almost every player will tell someone to level up a character and learn how to play it as you go and not to insta-max level and try to pick it up then. They start with the first spells and learn to do more. I know that is how I have learned every role that I've played is by doing it at the most basic level and then changing things as I went. To assume other players won't learn as they play and want to get better is being a bit pessimistic. If they choose not to learn and progress, then who is to blame? Me or them?

In this guide, most vet players would only have to take fulminate out of the macro in order to have it fire off faster. Of course there are preferences but everything works perfectly. In the marksman guide you are referencing, they would only have to take out calculated shot once they are more comfortable. So the whole guide can easily be transitioned into an advanced playstyle with just one ability taken out and micro-managed. Is that so offending?
    Last edited by GrimTheGamer; 06-03-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Best thing you can do when creating guides is to explain how you play, explain the opportunity for minmaxing, and offer suggestions to those learning. Don't teach someone else to play in a way that you wouldn't play yourself.
    I'm assuming you didn't watch the guide by this comment. I say how to play it easily in the guide then what to do if you want to play more advanced.

Ugh, please don't tell me I'm replying to people that didn't even watch the guide and having to explain myself?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sodomeyes View Post
    Sounds like you are trying to pick a fight just for the sake of picking a fight. .
    Bingo!

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    I'm assuming you didn't watch the guide by this comment. I say how to play it easily in the guide then what to do if you want to play more advanced.

Ugh, please don't tell me I'm replying to people that didn't even watch the guide and having to explain myself?
    No, I watched the guide. Still doesn't change anything about my answer. New players are constantly being told what is expected of them. And the majority of those players just stick with it. Every time I go in a dungeon and see a rogue using Lighting Fury off cd for ST, I'll tell them that they only need to use it once every 30s. 9 times out of 10 I'll get "but this is easier" as a response. The amount of players that are content with being bad in this game is tremendous. The fact that using an ability once every 30s is "too hard" is ridiculous. And that all comes from people telling them what's good for them when they're new.

If I'm teaching someone a spec, I'll teach them how I play it. I don't assume that they need everything macroed or made easier. I'll mention that you can use two calculated shots right before your cooldown rotation to maximize damage (because it'll be off cd by the time you use swift shot again), but I will not tell a new player to macro calculated shot to their builder. People are incredibly habitual so good habits are best from the start. My keybinds are absolute ****. I only have ~14 buttons easily available for me to work with. As I start to develop more complex rotations, I need more buttons. The way my keybinds are setup, I can't comfortably use any modifiers. I tried to change them and it was incredibly difficult. Spent days trying to force myself to play with the new binds and wound up changing them all back.

Yes, macroing Calculated Shot will help you play "well" when you're first starting, but it will not help you learn the spec properly.
    R.I.P.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    No, I watched the guide.
    Alright, then it's just a difference in opinion on how people want to learn things. Not to say which way is correct, but it seems people heavily enjoy my approach to making things a touch easier starting out as seen by views/comments. There is always room for people to teach how they like but I'm very up front on how my guides are constructed. If they didn't want to learn that way, they'd likely not be watching my guides.

Generally people do want it a bit easier starting out. People want to play for fun, not treat it like it's a job that they are going to get judged on.
    Last edited by GrimTheGamer; 06-03-2016 at 06:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast