+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pyromancer PvP Guide! (Video)

  1. #16
    Telaran Shel@Zaviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    To start off with, if you watch the video I say when to hit the internalize charge macro and when to hit the one for fulminate. The macro with both has other spells in between that can build charge and allow the combo to work. It's just there as an added way to fire it off if the conditions are right.
    Ofc this "combo" will never work. Just put IC on separate button and never put it to macros. This is the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    I have been meaning to put countdown in the fire storm macro for the guide but just haven't done it. As for flame bolt, I don't want it there. If I am wanting to AOE, I don't want ST spells to be firing off if they are proc'd and delaying my AOE. Preferences, you know? This is a PvP guide so the players aren't going to stay in one place like monsters would.
    Well, a) why you didn't do this? :P b) IFB is not only the ST-spell, it's your +10% dmg buff. Ofc you may use the whole spec without buffs/debuffs etc. but your dmg output will be appropriate in this case.

    I just remember your Preserver guide where you made 2-buttons something from good/situational healing spec. Just ask any good healer if they put all abilities in 1-2 macros? It looks like a joke but you even placed 2 healing channels in 1 macro. And so on.

    Again, I really appreciate any work concerning guides and videos like any person who makes useful things for gaming community but I'm not sure such guides should teach users to play in incorrect way. Moreover Pyro is one of the easiest specs in Rift and there's no problem to learn 4-5 buttons and how those spells work.
    Last edited by Shel@Zaviel; 06-04-2016 at 03:10 AM.

  2. #17
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shel@Zaviel View Post
    Ofc this "combo" will never work. Just put IC on separate button and never put it to macros. This is the rule.Well, a) why you didn't do this? :P b) IFB is not only the ST-spell, it's your +10% dmg buff. Ofc you may use the whole spec without buffs/debuffs etc. but your dmg output will be appropriate in this case.

    I just remember your Preserver guide where you made 2-buttons something from good/situational healing spec. Just ask any good healer if they put all abilities in 1-2 macros? It looks like a joke but you even placed 2 healing channels in 1 macro. And so on.

    Again, I really appreciate any work concerning guides and videos like any person who makes useful things for gaming community but I'm not sure such guides should teach users to play in incorrect way. Moreover Pyro is one of the easiest specs in Rift and there's no problem to learn 4-5 buttons and how those spells work.
    I really think you don't know the difference between PvP gameplay and PvE. Two channel abilities work if you are moving as you are almost always going to be in PvP. If you stand still, the other channel works. Basics, yo! Even some of the best PvPers in the game play in this way such as if you look at Meduza's macros he posts under every video of his. My videos are made for PvP and all builds are constructed in a way to accommodate that. If you are saying the Preserver guide is bad because it's not the PvE format then you are missing the point entirely or you don't realize what is important in PvP.

    Specifically for the Preserver guide, I consulted the best PvP Primalist player I know Munchmatoast, whom writes almost all of the Primalist guides, for knowledge on it. I don't make any guide without consulting the best players in the game I know usually. And no, these are never PvE players as the playstyle, macros, and builds are very different. Assuming they should be the same or even almost the same is bad business.
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

  3. #18
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    I really think you don't know the difference between PvP gameplay and PvE. Two channel abilities work if you are moving as you are almost always going to be in PvP. If you stand still, the other channel works. Basics, yo! Even some of the best PvPers in the game play in this way such as if you look at Meduza's macros he posts under every video of his. My videos are made for PvP and all builds are constructed in a way to accommodate that. If you are saying the Preserver guide is bad because it's not the PvE format then you are missing the point entirely or you don't realize what is important in PvP.
    So I'm assuming we're talking about macroing Ancestral Force and Nurture. With the 63 mastery, you can move while channeling Nurture so if you're moving, you hit it once and you begin to channel Ancestral Force (skipping Inundate because it's a cast) and if you hit it again, you begin to channel Nurture. In pvp, there's a lot going on and a lot of movement. I'd hate to blow my lvl 65 heal just because I accidentally hit the button twice. Definitely wouldn't macro the two together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

  4. #19
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    204

    Default

    I could keep explaining why things are the way they are but this thread has already been derailed multiple times by you guys due to me having to explain marksman and now preserver. Two specs that aren't even a part of this guide. One person even derailed talking about my video retention rates and a mod stepped in.

    Enjoy the guide for what it is, a way to help players. If people want to troll or complain for no reason, please do it elsewhere. Nothing says how people are than seeing my guides posted on the forums by someone else (my build and macros but them teaching it) and that person getting absolutely 0 negative feedback but then when I post one it gets pages of backlash and derailment. Stay awesome.
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

  5. #20
    Telaran Shel@Zaviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    I really think you don't know the difference between PvP gameplay and PvE. Two channel abilities work if you are moving as you are almost always going to be in PvP. If you stand still, the other channel works. Basics, yo!
    I noticed you think you're making good guides regardless many people tell you the opposite. So better to keep silence if you are not tolerate to any kind of opinions except of yours. So that is what I will do :P

    But your video where pyromancer's running all the time, casting Thunder shock only and having 0 kills by 5 minute cheers me up. We need pyromancers without damage and preservers without healing on WFs as well. So thank you and keep it up!

  6. #21
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    You guys need to remember that Grim's guides really are aimed at beginners, or people that don't want to treat it like a "job" as he says. I mean, he even says it in his post and in his guide, he also recommends that people go and unmacro things and play the spec better as they get more used to it.

    The only thing I can actually recommend to Grim is to include at the end some advanced version or a way to improve your game play based on the guide you released, as people may be trumped as to how to improve it, or what they can do, etc.

    Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

    R.I.P <Coriolis>

  7. #22
    Telaran Sodomeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I wonder if the people that actually complain about his guides have any offered up themselves, or if they just feel the need to complain for the sake of complaining. .

    I mean, I made my own builds, so I'm neither here nor there, but there's no denying the amount of people that use Grims builds and have found them helpful. I feel that these builds being designed around helping the beginners, that he has accomplished just that.
    (NA 65 and under PvP Guild "The High Ground"
    Dimension Warfronts and group/guild PvP)

    https://www.facebook.com/Rift-NA-PVP...4823102520026/
    Lobotomeyes 65 mage, Merklasalkrem 65 Rogue.
    Numerous low level Pvpers.

  8. #23
    Plane Walker notawaifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    Enjoy the guide for what it is, a way to help players. If people want to troll or complain for no reason, please do it elsewhere.
    Criticism and pointing as that something not good enough is not trolling.

    Your guides teach bad habits and only hinder new players learning to play things correctly. You treat your audience like they're dumb and can't possibly at least half learn something correctly. It doesn't take a genius or a job's work to learn how to play well. It is possible to have fun while learning new things properly.

    Assuming everybody/ every beginner is too slow to learn something correctly is not helping them improve. Learning the simplest mage soul is not a job size task. How can you actually think so little of people, Grim.

    --

    - Fulminate
    You straight up admit in multiple places that you don't personally macro Fulminate. Even in the video you say to take it out. So why even leave it in. Why even allude to it being a correct option.

    - Internalize Charge
    What is the point of that macro in the guide. Just press the button by itself. What does a beginner gain from this?They learn to just spam single buttons and expect results. Instead of playing the video game and pressing two buttons. Beginners aren't idiots. Spamming a button, then pressing IC by itself on another button once, and then back to the first isn't rocket science.

    Nevertheless why is IC not the show on this macro so people can see the 3s cooldown on it.

    - Countdown in pvp
    Why are you macroing that in pvp. Any smart team that is cleansing is going to put you in an endless loop of recasting Countdown every gcd. This is like the one big thing different from pve to pvp. You should be mentioning it as the pvp guy.

    - "pyro is meant to always be moving" "movement rotation"
    You can constantly cast Thunder Shock all you want but it rude to instill that type of mind set into new players. Pyro is a stop and move spec, Stutter stepping. You stop to cast a fireball or channel fusillade, then you move while casting everything else. Moving for no reason is just dumb practice.

    These macros are going to leave a lot of people spamming Thunder Shock while everything is on cd and Wildfire isn't proccing. Doing no respectable damage.

    --

    But yeah. I'm obviously trolling you. And your guides are amazing and clearly nobody thinks they're bad. Oh wait.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 06-05-2016 at 02:35 AM.

  9. #24
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Criticism and pointing as that something not good enough is not trolling.
    Last time replying to this person as a mod has already had to delete almost everything you have posted in this thread. That should tell you something.

    I know it's trolling when you are derailing the conversation but offering nothing constructive. When someone posts sarcasm or outright pessimistic comments just because someone thinks differently than they do... Well, I hope I don't need to tell you what that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Your guides teach bad habits and only hinder new players learning to play things correctly. You treat your audience like they're dumb and can't possibly at least half learn something correctly. It doesn't take a genius or a job's work to learn how to play well. It is possible to have fun while learning new things properly.
    Refer to my previous reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    - Fulminate
    You straight up admit in multiple places that you don't personally macro Fulminate. Even in the video you say to take it out. So why even leave it in. Why even allude to it being a correct option.
    I'm not sure why I even have to address this. I say one way is a beginner version, one is once you are comfortable with the spec. You are seriously whining that I am telling people both options.

    Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    - Internalize Charge
    What is the point of that macro in the guide. Just press the button by itself. What does a beginner gain from this?They learn to just spam single buttons and expect results. Instead of playing the video game and pressing two buttons. Beginners aren't idiots. Spamming a button, then pressing IC by itself on another button once, and then back to the first isn't rocket science.

    Nevertheless why is IC not the show on this macro so people can see the 3s cooldown on it.
    Sigh. Ok, here is the reasoning since you can't see how things work. Internalize Charge costs Charge. So you can't just hit it at will. In PvP, the environment is much more chaotic so you aren't staring at your charge bar. If you are, then I can promise you that you are not focusing on your movement nor positioning of your targets as much as you should be. Most PvPers will use Kalerts and move their healthbars more to the center of their screen to keep their eyes where they need to be, on the target or their position. I'm not going to assume people will move their charge bar to the center of the screen because not everyone wants to do that so I make the build to accommodate everyone. With that said, if you hit your Interalize Charge button without enough charge, you will be hitting a dead button. There is not much worse feeling than hitting a button in a high pressure situation only to notice absolutely nothing was happening when you were hitting it. Putting it in a macro that will build charge until you can get enough to get Interalize Charge to fire off allows you to spam it until IC is up. I explain all of this in the video.

    Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    - Countdown in pvp
    Why are you macroing that in pvp. Any smart team that is cleansing is going to put you in an endless loop of recasting Countdown every gcd. This is like the one big thing different from pve to pvp. You should be mentioning it as the pvp guy.
    If people are cleansing that well and focusing you that much, then enjoy your free win.

    Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    - "pyro is meant to always be moving" "movement rotation"
    You can constantly cast Thunder Shock all you want but it rude to instill that type of mind set into new players. Pyro is a stop and move spec, Stutter stepping. You stop to cast a fireball or channel fusillade, then you move while casting everything else. Moving for no reason is just dumb practice.

    These macros are going to leave a lot of people spamming Thunder Shock while everything is on cd and Wildfire isn't proccing. Doing no respectable damage.
    PvP is about moving, not Pyro in general. A stationary target is one that everyone selects. Someone constantly moving is not a favorable target because that is someone that is likely going to line of sight or move out of range when you are trying to kill them. On the other hand, someone standing still is likely going to stand still for too long and be eating dirt. That is a good target.

    Pyro is a stutter step spec. I believe I talk about heatwave, fusillade, etc. in the video. I'm not sure why this is a question?

    Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    But yeah. I'm obviously trolling you. And your guides are amazing and clearly nobody thinks they're bad. Oh wait.
    There are always a few people that make hateful comments towards me but I guarantee you don't get spammed with tells when you log in saying how much people appreciate your guides. Nor do you get the luxury of having dozens/hundreds of comments in videos saying they love the guides. I do. I'm pretty sure I know where the majority stands and where the few are. I appreciate them as much as they appreciate me.

    To insinuate that I'm bad or even make such a comment is obviously not a troll, right? I top kills in almost every warfront I play in. When I heal I am almost always the top heals done even without a healing gearset. Not only do I do that, but I post video footage of it. I show knowledge of dozens of different specs and guides of them when probably 95% of the playerbase focusing on only one class/spec. I clearly know the difference between PvP and PvE which is questionable in almost everyone that criticizes me.

    I could keep going on, but I still don't know who you are and don't know what the point would be. Please link me your awesome PvP footage. I'm curious.
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

  10. #25
    Telaran Sodomeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hard to link something that doesn't exist . .
    (NA 65 and under PvP Guild "The High Ground"
    Dimension Warfronts and group/guild PvP)

    https://www.facebook.com/Rift-NA-PVP...4823102520026/
    Lobotomeyes 65 mage, Merklasalkrem 65 Rogue.
    Numerous low level Pvpers.

  11. #26
    King of Slackers
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    427

    Default

    As somebody who did pvp only for the first 2 years of rift i can tell you the comments in this thread aren't about trolling. I have seen most of your guides and they teach bad habits/laziness as already mentioned.

    Most "pvp specs" are slightly modified pve version with an extra breakfree, hot, purge, pull etc. There are a lot of pve guides in the class guide forums, that describe buffs/debuffs/burst/synergy.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc.../class-guides/

    Sodomeyes

    Hard to link something that doesn't exist . .
    For example slashflex, an active european pvp guild:

    https://www.twitch.tv/slashflexrift/v/69950428


    1 year old "awesome PvP footage"´, still looking for my awesome pyro/chloro footage:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnhC7YAUmHI


    EDIT:
    Slacked with a mate today:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5y_ggHnkOE
    Last edited by keepor; 06-08-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Can't wait for his response on this one.

    I'm predicting some form of mockery on how Smashed is just a "master of his class" or maybe he'll choose to insult the intelligence of beginners again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts