+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Churchhill
  • 2 Post By Peachezz

Thread: (3.5) Cleric PVP-The Black Wind

Default (3.5) Cleric PVP-The Black Wind

How does one fight the rolling storm of darkness which spreads curses to all souls, vanishing just as swiftly as it came? The Black Wind is a build which takes your opponent out of the equation of battle, bypassing them entirely to move down the field as swift as wind to focus on winning the match through objectives. The smart cleric wins matches with his mind and tactical superiority rather than his critical power stat. With The Black Wind, the Cleric focuses on maximizing run speed, buffing the zerg, harassing those would be foolish enough to try and pick up the fang with curses and capturing flags before the enemy has time to organize and counter. It is recommended that you use tank gear and focus on items which boost survivability.

THE BUILD:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#E...iqc/Ykao8|XI_g

THE BUFFS:

Unbounded Obliteration ( +3% to area effect abilities and resistances. Maximizes your main dot's number of targets. This is used to stop players from picking up the fang or flag.)

Spiritual Protection ( Resistance buff to entire raid)

Shroud of Agony ( 20% chance on hit to spread a dot to up to 10 enemies over 6 sec. This further compounds the hindrance to enemies while picking up the objectives)

Armor of Treachery (+3% armor and base health. We'll be playing with tank gear on so this is great)

Inspiration of Battle (+1% to AP/SP/CHC for 20s on each insignia cast)

Inspiration of Survival (Shields the raid on each insignia cast)

Boon of Vitality ( Raid Endurance buff)

Boon of Resurgence ( Raid wide main stat buff)

Favor of the Current ( +15% run speed on all raid members. The faster your team is, the sooner your team reinforces itself and travels to the objectives)

THE MASTERIES:

Soul Collector( Upon death, enemies you have damaged within the last 3s apply soul consumption to you, Healing for 4% of your max health over 5s. Can occur once every second, When cleansed, your dots deal ethereal damage to the enemy equal to 50% of your spell power, Ekkehard's Grasp will now apply Frostbite if points have been spent in it.)

Divine Inspiration (+5% to healing and absorption granted, Doctrine of Authority applies Censure to the enemy and no loner consumes Conviction on cast. +5m to non-melee damaging abilities, does not stack with other similar effects.) ** This is taken to max the range of your harassing dots**

Swift Judgment ( +10% unmounted speed. +3m to your guard radius. -2s to Glacial strike cd. Harsh Discipline can be channeled while moving.) ** Taken for more run speed, You can opt for Supplicant's Haste, though, because you'll be moving through the field quickly instead of fighting players, I'd recommend Swift Judgment.**

Sinister Resolve (+8% to dots. +5% to delayed dots. +3% to non-instant and non-channeled abilities) ** adds a little more power to the aoe dots, giving healers just that much more to deal with**

Soul Stream ( large damage over 3s to a single enemy or heals for 50% of your maximum health each second for 3s depending on who your target is. Can move while channeling)

The ROTATION:

The Black Wind works with situational priority. Through the use of your cc abilities to group up a crowd into one spot, fear many enemies or knock a single target back or off a bridge ect, You will rely on your ability as a player to plan and react in real time on a strategic level which is slightly different that your run of the mill tactics. You will use your dots as a means to hinder those who would attempt to pick up or capture flags or fangs. You will use SS to heal an ally who holds the fang, You will use your teleporting and superior travel speed to both escape conflict and capture objectives faster than the enemy is physically able to counter beyond luck. You will be mass purging the enemy quickly and often. They can't kill what they can't catch.

MAXIMIZING RUN SPEED:

Favor of the Current: 15%

Swift Judgment: 10%

Spongy Insoles: 13%

Judicial Privilege: 50% every 1min for 20s

Dark Passage>Shadow Breach> Dark Passage combo: 30m teleport every 1m and 15m every 20 seconds.

That's 88% run speed every 1min on top of a 30 meter teleport and cc immunity.

CC IMMUNITY:

With spells like Howling Death,Perseverance, Dark Passage and your Break Free, You will be eating through the enemy's cc spells and saving your allies from having to deal with them.

THE MACROS:

SPAM MACRO
    #show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self howling death
    cast @self perseverance
    cast @mouseoverui sigil of woe
    cast @mouseoverui purge
    cast @mouseoverui sanction heretic
    cast @mouseoverui tyranny of death
    cast @mouseoverui wasting insignia

**This will put up your cc immunity spells, purge, dot and debuff your targets. When the macro imagine shows Sanction Heretic is on cd during battle, You will then be putting tyranny of death onto your target on the very next spell cast and first on each new target. The only real trick here is in the way Tyranny of Death works. It is a delayed damaging spell which procs all other Tyranny of Death spells you put up. The build is not made for damage but if you target swap and put Tyranny on every enemy, they will all explode at the same time once the first one activates.**

TELEPORT MACRO
    #show dark passage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast dark passage
    cast shadow breach
    cast judicial privilege
    cast overload

** This will give you a 15m port every 20s, grant stealth, a small heal and reset your port for a second 15m port every 1min, grants a 50% run speed every 1min while reflecting and generating some small self healing with overload (bat wings) every 1min57sec. **

Strengths: Fun, Fast, Frugal. Forces you to play pvp with tact instead of falling into the same old raging into raid chat about how everyone can't target and kill the god damn healers first. While you might not get any kills, you will fill another very valuable role, the hero who actually plays the objectives as a true support.

Weaknesses: You won't be killing anyone. If a group catches you without your cds, you'll be dead.
    Last edited by Churchhill; 02-17-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    CHURCHHILL of the Lost Legion@Faeblight
    May the forest guide the beast from your fires.

Looks like cancer to me.
    ~Xclusive

So basically a speed spec used for karthan and useless in every other situation.

Reminds me of my warrior run speed spec guide

I believe each class has a similar set up for max speed, This happens to be one for Clerics.

I wouldn't say it's worthless in everything other than Karthan. I've won matches by spreading my dots so the enemy team simply could not pick up the objective or cap anything. Can other builds do that too? Yes but so can this one and because. you'll escape 90% of conflicts it's likely you won't be getting killed so you can maximize your up time for dot harassment.

Among all the normal tactics for each WF, The Black Wind does well at what it does and that is support, objectives, eating enemy cc and trolling..

I get the black wind when I have too many tacos

Telaran

I was hoping you were joking about the 88% speed thing.... but it looks like you weren't....... The maximum run speed you can have is 50%, anything above is a waste and won't go any faster, I have tested this multiple times and nothing goes faster than 50%
    Vmannn@Greybriar aka PvP God - Level 65 Warrior

Really? I didn't know there was a run speed cap. Well god damn. Guess i'll scrap the build if that's true after my own testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Viziro View Post
    I was hoping you were joking about the 88% speed thing.... but it looks like you weren't....... The maximum run speed you can have is 50%, anything above is a waste and won't go any faster, I have tested this multiple times and nothing goes faster than 50%
    Pretttttty sure that only applies to passive speed buffs. Speed cooldowns like Ride the Wind aren't affected. Otherwise, cancer arbiter harb variants wouldn't be able to reach the speeds that they do.

Well I did some quick math and with a high chance for human error through the limitations of measurement, my numbers were a little flimsy. It was apparent however that you could go over 50% in game. Due to the difficulty of syncing a stop watch then alt tabbing back to game or even counting out loud, there was some room for human error. Below are the numbers I came up with on a quick whack at it. Seems like if there is a cap, it's right around 65% or so

Last edited by Churchhill; 02-18-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Telaran

Been a while since I tested it, but I remember there was indeed a cap, it might have been 65, but I know there was no way I could go 88%, with the warrior spec I made, a paragon with insoles, and the speed buff in masteries couldn't run any faster than my permanent run speed spec while he was using his speed boost.

The runspeed cap is 50%.
    ~Xclusive

Telaran

I thought so

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    The runspeed cap is 50%.
    Only passive.

On the Double, Agility, Judicial Privilege, Quickening Brews etc aren't affected by this cap. Temporary buffs like Finric coral toxins, Electrified stacks from A Hero Rises etc aren't affected either. You can get up to over 120% with a combination of those things.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-23-2016 at 06:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread