+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can do rogue in PVP with no gear?

Shadowlander

Default What can do rogue in PVP with no gear?

How not to be drag for team? For example, mage can get Dominator spec and use control abililties, wich work without any gear too. And how can rogue play?

Sword of Telara

There's still options even without gear. The most important thing is to play reasonably well; no amount of gear can make up for not knowing how your spec works and how to play it in PvP. Rune/dreamorb what you have as those apply even when your gear is bolstered. Make sure every slot you have is filled, and get going on your rep dailies and all that stuff.

Even with a fully upbolstered runed/orbed set you can do reasonable amounts. Obviously you'll be significantly weaker than someone rolling t1 gear but it isn't completely ineffective.

My suggestions for souls that are less gear dependent would probably be bard (as buffs don't scale based on gear) or assassin for the stealth capping on maps which benefit from it. I haven't ever played a rogue, so there's stuff I'm probably missing.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Tii
    Soulwalker

Bard for wf with big group clashes

Assasin for flag tagging. You don't need to fight if somone strong trys to take back the flag, just wait and recap, if he is gone.

Marksman for assisting strong dds. Target a strong dd of your team and run after him. You can do damage on his target. (Settings-> Interface->Combat-> "Cast on target's target" and "Show target of target").

Heal

/10char

I agreed with Foolio, there are some useful skills compare to mages, but later on you would want to get into runecrafting and dream weaver. So applying runes and orbs can be very useful later on.

+ Reply to Thread