+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Ookamikawaii
  • 5 Post By Foolio
  • 1 Post By Ookamikawaii
  • 1 Post By Dizbo

Thread: War Front Guide : the quick and dirty on how each one works

Post War Front Guide : the quick and dirty on how each one works

This thread is for How each warfront works, some information Im not as sure on which are reflected by designations where I'm not sure.
    Please help fill in them but do not post conflicting information unless you have done severe testing and can confirm your information, Since I'm writing this since lots of people in warfronts do not know how they work and will argue with you when you try to inform them of the correct information.

The thread is also for another change in game I would love to see and so linking this thread to another post.

Black Garden:
    Spoiler!

Black Garden (Domination):
    Spoiler!

Black Garden (Orbs):
    Spoiler!

Codex:
    Spoiler!

Escalation: Whitefall Steppes:
    Spoiler!

Port Scion:
    Spoiler!

Library of the Runemasters:
    Spoiler!

Karthan Ridge:
    Spoiler!

Karthan Ridge (Domination):
    Spoiler!

Blighted Antechamber:
    Spoiler!

Sword of Telara

A few things I'd change:
    1. BG:Fang: you get more points for holding in the middle - 7 per tick. Hiding behind the tree reduces it to 4?, going outside the inner walled square reduces it to 2 or 1.
    2. BG:Stockpile: each orb beyond the first reduces your movement speed. The cleansing orbs consume just one charge even if you feed them 3 orbs.
    3. Codex: Points being assaulted don't grant points. Obvious to anyone who plays but an important fact nonetheless.
    4. Whitefall: The final two stones spawn at the same time.
    5. Port scion: The shadespawn defenders in the church grant 20 points each, as do enemy invasion leaders. Not many seem to be aware of this - most other NPCs only give 2pts each. Also, state explicitly that the bridge grants no points.
    6. Library: Stacking rune carriers is bad, mmkay?
    7. KRomination: Your opponents' back points grant your more points, though the exact numbers escape me. 'tis why people ignoring the map and letting rogues stealthcap all your home points is a virtually guaranteed loss.
    8. GSE: Some deadly numbers grant 3 points per score tick, others grant 1. Most people don't seem to be aware that 4x 1pt eggs in middle is actually slower score rate than a 3pt egg + manugo. Exactly which are 3pt eggs isn't clear and seems to vary between matches? Eggs give 25% damage bonus and stacking them is bad.
    9. BA: Flag caps are 150pts. Spire gives less points than others (believe it's 2pts v 3pts for home points). Holding the enemy flag gives a reduction to healing received (not even in tooltips) which seems to be around 50%.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    A few things I'd change:
    1. BG:Fang: you get more points for holding in the middle - 7 per tick. Hiding behind the tree reduces it to 4?, going outside the inner walled square reduces it to 2 or 1.
    2. BG:Stockpile: each orb beyond the first reduces your movement speed. The cleansing orbs consume just one charge even if you feed them 3 orbs.
    3. Codex: Points being assaulted don't grant points. Obvious to anyone who plays but an important fact nonetheless.
    4. Whitefall: The final two stones spawn at the same time.
    5. Port scion: The shadespawn defenders in the church grant 20 points each, as do enemy invasion leaders. Not many seem to be aware of this - most other NPCs only give 2pts each. Also, state explicitly that the bridge grants no points.
    6. Library: Stacking rune carriers is bad, mmkay?
    7. KRomination: Your opponents' back points grant your more points, though the exact numbers escape me. 'tis why people ignoring the map and letting rogues stealthcap all your home points is a virtually guaranteed loss.
    8. GSE: Some deadly numbers grant 3 points per score tick, others grant 1. Most people don't seem to be aware that 4x 1pt eggs in middle is actually slower score rate than a 3pt egg + manugo. Exactly which are 3pt eggs isn't clear and seems to vary between matches? Eggs give 25% damage bonus and stacking them is bad.
    9. BA: Flag caps are 150pts. Spire gives less points than others (believe it's 2pts v 3pts for home points). Holding the enemy flag gives a reduction to healing received (not even in tooltips) which seems to be around 50%.
    First some of these points if I mentioned I would have started talking strategies for the warfronts and I wanted to avoid that.
    People should come up with their own strategies once they have the information to make the informed strategies.

For the BG: Fang, middle actually isn't worth the most points. But holding by spawn is worth 1 point and the other team can get more points if able to beat your team on kills. The issue I find is people not knowing where you would the fang affects the points gained. Once people know that basic information they might pay attention to where it safest at the time to gain the most points.

BG: orb, yes I should have mentioned that each turn in is just 1 cleanse. There is strategies where turn in only 1 orb to use up cleanses fast on enemy cleanse locations and that made me refrain from mentioning.

Codex: yes assaulted points don't grant points, that is important for any Domination type match not just codex.

whitefall: ya thought that was pretty evident but true some people might not realize that fact.

PS: yes bridge is just a respawn location that gives no points.
    Thanks for the information with the PvE aspect, I actually forgot about that since PS games are now way different then when PS was first released and I did all that stuff.

Library: you are right that point should be mentioned (it also happens in Ghar station Eyn) cant believe how many people will try to stack on me with another rune when i'm holding one.

KR DOM: thank you I actually didn't know this info. Tho I know if control the 3 middle ones (DP, GP and Portal) the other team doesn't make up enough points for controlling your life/earth point.

GSE: I wondered about why some seemed odd numbers at times, This makes sense that I did not know (tho I'm still peeved I cant get one achieve as it broken in GSE [holding DN at end of match achieve])

BA: If I was wrong with the flag points thank you for correcting me, I know it was at least 100 points but I'm normally paying attention to killing carrier or chasers to protect my carrier then how much the turn in was.
    And I've been starting to think that the captures did reward diff points just wasn't sure how (like if spire was like dex and gave more points, or if was like BG and capture nearest enemy was worth more)

See even i don't know all the information and learn stuff. That is why information in Game is needed dearly for the people that don't believe others.Or the players that will never check forums for this information because it easier to just get in a pvp match and flail around then to spend time finding the information.

Foolio thanks for enlightening me to some points I did not know.

+ Reply to Thread