+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 40+ pvp build (I'm new please help)

Default Level 40+ pvp build (I'm new please help)

Hey everyone, I have all of the souls available on my Rogue. I have been playing Marksman primarily due to having more uptime on targets and harder crits to take down targets.
    I am leveling with this spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...i8D4/Tf/tr555i
    It is supposed to do well in PvP, but at level 40 It just feels so weak that I just stick to being a "Hunter" while I am a "Rogue" at heart and have played one on WoW for the last 9 years.
    Is there a build that someone more experienced might be able to show me? Maybe some macros to go along with it because I am about 2 weeks into this game and still have a lot to learn..
    I love being sneaky and still hitting really hard but I understand that you can't always get what you want. Rogues became a support class in WoW and less of a Ninja feel so I made the switch to this much better game.

Your first problem is that you're using a build that's 3 years old and no longer valid.

Your second problem is that, well, low level PvP is really messed up. There isn't going to be any semblance of balance as different souls get what they need at different levels. At level 40 your best bets for PvP would probably be Marksman and Bard.

You say you want to have a stealth-like feel, but if you come into this game expecting to do one thing, you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Thank you for the advice, I guess I just need to read every soul tree and figure out what sounds the best for me. I'm just so used to different mechanics than these that it is confusing.

Bard/NB hybrid is very strong at your level.

You didn't state your level, but a lvl 45 build would be something like this:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#vk8FkEnOyy/wk8g/t

There are some slight variations to this so you can tweak it a bit.

Oops I apologzie for not making it more apparent of my level. My rogue is level 41 right now. And thank you! I will give this a go for sure. Is there a specific reason not to use certain abilities past a certain level?

If you look at the Bard root abilities, they are more beneficial for a raid setting. The build we are suggesting, bard/nb, is more of a burst dps build that offers some utility in a group/warfront setting. NB hybrids well with bard because of the increase to non-physical attacks and buffs to finishers. Coda of wrath will be your top damaging ability. When used with virtuoso, you have 15 seconds of high burst, and even more when the target is below 30℅ health. This build also give you a little more HP along with some movement speed buffs. The blink from RS helps if you're trying to get away or if your target is trying to flee.

Soulwalker

Wink

Try youtube for Grims PVP rift guides...I think he's under GrimGamingRift.....some awesome templates, macro's and advice for all class types...

+ Reply to Thread