+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Looking for good healer pvp build: CLERIC ONLY

Plane Touched

Default Looking for good healer pvp build: CLERIC ONLY

Hey, some of you may or may not know me. In game, I am Keavina@Faeblight

I am currently looking for a good pvp cleric to help me out in figuring out how best to keep teams alive in warfronts. I currently have:

Warden/sent/oracle: 61/10/5
    Puri/Senti/Orcale: 61/11/4

They seem to do ok when I'm not being attacked, but currently the second ANYONE even looks at me I'm dead meat. While I know there are good dps builds out there, I am currently looking for a good healing cleric build to help keep me alive. It feels like right now us healers go crunch even 1 v 1. Honestly, being that a healer's job is to support the group and not win a fight 1 v 1, I am actually ok with this. But I'd like to find a way to stay alive a bit longer, so that I can at least escape.

I'm open to any constructive suggestions. Currently level 65, stacking spell power (as a healer).

Eventually I will branch out ot Inq and other things for dps, but right now my main concern is being a battle healer and keeping people alive, and helping my team.

Thank you in advance!

Also, as far as any suggestions/posts go. Please do not just say things like "Senticar" or "Go <name here>"

A specific breakdown that is a useful guide would be appreciated instead.
    Last edited by darkzerofury; 03-10-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Rift Disciple

Forgive the basic reply, but have you played a 61 sent build? There are lots of variations, but going all the way into Sent certainly provides a lot of survivability. Don't expect the same healing #'s as Warden in large matches of course, but 61 Sent is much harder to kill.

Rift Disciple

There are 2 good speccs
    First 58sent/13puri/5oracel -> HPS monster
    No other st healer specc/class heal more
    (and better then 61 senti)
    Masterie: 2/3/2/1/1
    Use divine favor before u heal everytime u can!
    And use a simple healing rotation: healing flare/healing breath with crucial-/healing-innovations and with casttime redreduction of your masterie.
    Second: 61puri/11senti/5oracel -> pvp puri
    (u skill 61puri/11kabba/4senti in standard rated bgs for a second breakfree)
    Same like senti use your symbols/divine favor and heal with healing flare and ward of scorgin/ward of fire . (ward of flame only effective without divine favor.. Ps: u can only hold one symbol on 3 targets at the same time.. (u got 2 symbols...)
    If anyone got questions abou this speccs pls /w Jackytheripper@Gelidra

Default This looks promising. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackytheripper View Post
    There are 2 good speccs
    First 58sent/13puri/5oracel -> HPS monster
    No other st healer specc/class heal more
    (and better then 61 senti)
    Masterie: 2/3/2/1/1
    Use divine favor before u heal everytime u can!
    And use a simple healing rotation: healing flare/healing breath with crucial-/healing-innovations and with casttime redreduction of your masterie.
    Second: 61puri/11senti/5oracel -> pvp puri
    (u skill 61puri/11kabba/4senti in standard rated bgs for a second breakfree)
    Same like senti use your symbols/divine favor and heal with healing flare and ward of scorgin/ward of fire . (ward of flame only effective without divine favor.. Ps: u can only hold one symbol on 3 targets at the same time.. (u got 2 symbols...)
    If anyone got questions abou this speccs pls /w Jackytheripper@Gelidra

I will be trying the 2nd buid out tonight. I'm sure it will be awesome.

Default cleric pvp healing

61 sent/def is the way to go. learn to use ur devine power, good luck !

Default My two cents

Hi Keavina,

Welcome to the world of pvp healing! Sounds like you have your gearing basics covered.
    You already know Warden: is very effective in Conquest and Port Scion.

For extra healer survivability - I choose puri because of shielding power- preventing and mitigating damage.

These purifier skills have saved my bacon (and others) when under heavy attack:
    1) Latent blaze - lasts 5 mins. Will heal instantly if your health drops below 30%. Can have active on 2 ppl. apply before wf starts.
    2) Rite of the Forge- large shield- instant cast
    3) Spiritual Conflaguration-restores health and absorbs.
    4) Flame of Life- very effective 10 person heal/shield/dps boost.

Each healing soul shines in different situations and as you gear up. A sentinel is amazing and a defiler is amazing too. There is a large amount of information on all healing souls on the forums, from great players, the more you read, the better you'll be. No matter what, just keep trying.

Secret:
    No matter which soul you choose to use, always have mana pots, Elixir of Impunity, Panacea and Mighty Quickening Brew.

The standard bla bla:
    learn all the cleric heal specs
    learning which role you can use that will make your teams' healing team stronger* and lastly
    recognizing actual team compositions and to be alert for certain players (muhuhuh).

*if more than one healer.

Soulwalker

Default Cleric in PVP

Hi darkzerofury,

I played Cleric at a high level for 15 months in both PVP and PVE. I have not played RIFT in a few months, but I am coming back now; and there are certain things I remember strongly as being effective in regards to your question based on personal experience and discussions with peers.

My foremost advice for you is to learn Defiler (61 / 15 Sent / 0 Warden). This can be a challenging build mechanically, however it is the best healing build in Warfronts in many conditions. I wrote up a guide here and as far as I know the information is still relevant. Begin reading at "Rotation and spell cast priorities: ".

Learning which build to play as during a Warfront is integral to being the best Cleric. This is to say that there is no "absolute best" build. You understand Purifier and Warden; I would advise you, as others have in this thread to, in addition to learning Defiler, learn Sentinel (61 / 15 puri / 0 warden), of which guides abound, if I remember correctly.
    Bneal
    <Coriolis>
    Not coming back to Rift just yet. Heroes of the Storm is too fun. :/.

Quote Originally Posted by BMNeaL View Post
    Hi darkzerofury,

I played Cleric at a high level for 15 months in both PVP and PVE. I have not played RIFT in a few months, but I am coming back now; and there are certain things I remember strongly as being effective in regards to your question based on personal experience and discussions with peers.

My foremost advice for you is to learn Defiler (61 / 15 Sent / 0 Warden). This can be a challenging build mechanically, however it is the best healing build in Warfronts in many conditions. I wrote up a guide here and as far as I know the information is still relevant. Begin reading at "Rotation and spell cast priorities: ".

Learning which build to play as during a Warfront is integral to being the best Cleric. This is to say that there is no "absolute best" build. You understand Purifier and Warden; I would advise you, as others have in this thread to, in addition to learning Defiler, learn Sentinel (61 / 15 puri / 0 warden), of which guides abound, if I remember correctly.
    61 Defiler / 10 Sentinel / 5 Oracle (Inq/Shaman if F2P)
    58 Sentinel / 13 Purifier / 5 Oracle (Inq/Shaman if F2P)

Soulwalker

Riane raises an interesting point with this alternative build. To flesh this out further, 61 Defiler-10 Sentinel-5 Oracle is a superior choice if we're lacking Oracle/Bard buffs, however 61 Defiler-15 Sentinel-0 Warden is superior if we have these buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    61 Defiler / 10 Sentinel / 5 Oracle (Inq/Shaman if F2P)
    58 Sentinel / 13 Purifier / 5 Oracle (Inq/Shaman if F2P)
    Last edited by BMNeaL; 09-16-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    Bneal
    <Coriolis>

This is the build I use for just about anything since I don't have any soul packs lol.

Last edited by Narielia; 09-16-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Riane raises an interesting point with this alternative build. To flesh this out further, 61 Defiler-10 Sentinel-5 Oracle is a superior choice if we're lacking Oracle/Bard buffs, however 61 Defiler-15 Sentinel-0 Warden is superior if we have these buffs.
    If you think it's about the "Oracle buffs" you're 100% wrong. The only buff you get from Oracle is the endurance buff which would stack with Heroic Resolve from Sentinel. It's not even why you'd go for Oracle.

Oracle (or Inq/Shaman if F2P) provides 10% spell power and higher tooltip values than 15 Sentinel.

With 5 Oracle:
    Ghastly: 16692 - 18450
    Loathsome: 12993 - 14361
    Unstable: 12893 - 14250

With 15 Sentinel (this is even skipping over Healer's Blessing fwiw):
    Ghastly: 16440 - 18170
    Loathsome: 12803 - 14150
    Unstable: 12731 - 14071

With 15 Sentinel (w/ Healer's Blessing):
    Ghastly: 16283 - 17997
    Loathsome: 12686 - 14021
    Unstable: 12611 - 13939

Soulwalker

If you think it's about the "Oracle buffs" you're 100% wrong. The only buff you get from Oracle is the endurance buff which would stack with Heroic Resolve from Sentinel. It's not even why you'd go for Oracle.

Oracle (or Inq/Shaman if F2P) provides 10% spell power and higher tooltip values than 15 Sentinel.

With 5 Oracle:
    Ghastly: 16692 - 18450
    Loathsome: 12993 - 14361
    Unstable: 12893 - 14250

With 15 Sentinel (this is even skipping over Healer's Blessing fwiw):
    Ghastly: 16440 - 18170
    Loathsome: 12803 - 14150
    Unstable: 12731 - 14071

With 15 Sentinel (w/ Healer's Blessing):
    Ghastly: 16283 - 17997
    Loathsome: 12686 - 14021
    Unstable: 12611 - 13939
    Do not skip over Healer's Blessing.

Now right click the inspiration buff and tell me the tooltip values.
    Last edited by BMNeaL; 09-17-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    Bneal
    <Coriolis>

Do not skip over Healer's Blessing.

Now right click the inspiration buff and tell me the tooltip values.
    I provided with and without Healer's Blessing to show you that 5 Oracle still pulls ahead even if you "gimp" it to pick up another passive. Of course you wouldn't "skip" Healer's Blessing for the actual build.

I'm giving you tooltip values UNBUFFED. Why would I give you tooltip values buffed? Not only that but the Oracle buff I listed is ENDURANCE. lol

Inspiration of Battle will never proc as a Defiler, you know that .. right? I hope you do.

Increases Attack Power and Spell Power by 1 and increases Critical Hit chance by 1% on all party or raid members for 20s whenever an Insignia ability is cast.
    Do tell me when I'm actually going to cast an Insignia in PVP when this is a healing build for Defiler. I'd ~really~ like to know.**

TL;DR 5 ORACLE

*Technically, one could just use the FR stacks but wasting a GCD on that isn't worth it in current state of PVP. I'd rather heal than worry about that.
    Last edited by Riane; 09-17-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Soulwalker

I provided with and without Healer's Blessing to show you that 5 Oracle still pulls ahead even if you "gimp" it to pick up another passive. Of course you wouldn't "skip" Healer's Blessing for the actual build.

I'm giving you tooltip values UNBUFFED. Why would I give you tooltip values buffed? Not only that but the Oracle buff I listed is ENDURANCE. lol

Inspiration of Battle will never proc as a Defiler, you know that .. right? I hope you do.

Do tell me when I'm actually going to cast an Insignia in PVP when this is a healing build for Defiler. I'd ~really~ like to know.**

TL;DR 5 ORACLE

*Technically, one could just use the FR stacks but wasting a GCD on that isn't worth it in current state of PVP. I'd rather heal than worry about that.
    Oh.

10characters
    Bneal
    <Coriolis>

Soulwalker

http://prntscr.com/8u8q9x

61 Sentinel/10 Defiler/5 Oracle.

That's the best Cleric Sentinel healing spec, u can use it in PvP and PVE content, is a HPS monster with the right macros and if you know what u doing.

The little weak shields purifier provides renders that offsoul pretty much useless as well as Healing Flare which is healing less than Loathsome Restoration from Defiler. Loathsome = http://prntscr.com/8u8uy2 and Healing Flare = http://prntscr.com/8u8v37. U Also get a 5% Link that u can link someone i.e a melee or an AOE healer (PvP) that he cant really burst heal himself fast or just link swap all the time like i do to reduce the amount of heals u have to cast on your ally. U can Link the Tank in PvE content like Dungeons best spec to heal through the new dungeon is this just spam Loathsome with Divine Favor on 3 etc. Give it a try. ^.^

If u need Macros contact me in game Tamta@Deepwood.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Sparklezzz; 10-22-2015 at 03:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast