+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Looking for good healer pvp build: CLERIC ONLY

  1. #16
    Champion of Telara Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    From my testing, 58 sent 8 warden 10 puri is the absolute best hps monster for healing wfs.

    For healing bgs or competitive pms 58 sent 16 puri 2 warden is the best.

    Hint: healing spray is a really good hot, prioritize over healing flare as it does more healing than healing flare after 3-4 ticks.

    Yeah these specs have lower tooltip values but it doesn't matter when healing spray/healing flood are making up 20% of your healing.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 12-11-2015 at 06:02 AM.
    ~Xclusive

  2. #17
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    You don't run sent because it is a " hps monster", as, for ST heals, it will fail to puri all day long.

    You run sent because it the most well rounded healing spec for PvP. If you add in a touch of warden you can even do decent AE healing in addition to strong ST heals. With tons of great CDs, a 2nd break free, run speed CD, and cleanse healing. You run sent because it can handle almost any situation. PvP is not like raiding: PvP it is about handling burst spiky DPS, you need great burst healing, and not so much a high sustained HPS.

    Also don't take divine favor, take soul stream instead. Not only will you save more people with it, but you can also cast it on yourself.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-13-2016 at 09:53 PM.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

  3. #18
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Also don't take divine favor, take soul stream instead. Not only will you save more people with it, but you can also cast it on yourself.
    That is extremely not advisable.

    Divine favor is one of the most powerful 65 mysteries. On three targets, it can heal for as much as soul stream in 5 ticks. Swapping it around is one of the most important aspects of cleric PvP healing.

    You can dish out almost as much hps as soil stream in Sentinel normally already too. Why take an interruptible, one minute cd that has a 1 second delay over the single most overpowered healing mastery?

  4. #19
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    That is extremely not advisable.

    Divine favor is one of the most powerful 65 mysteries. On three targets, it can heal for as much as soul stream in 5 ticks. Swapping it around is one of the most important aspects of cleric PvP healing.

    You can dish out almost as much hps as soil stream in Sentinel normally already too. Why take an interruptible, one minute cd that has a 1 second delay over the single most overpowered healing mastery?
    " On three targets,"

    And what does it do for one target ? Or what does it do for the cleric? Waste another GCD as you rebuff it for the 10th time?

    If you have a need for AE healing go for it, but more often PvP healing is about ST healing, and you can never have too many strong CDs in PvP. My biggest problem with Divine Favor is you are a wasting a lot of GCD to rebuff Divine Favor. People die, they move in out of your healing range, other clerics overwrite it, and as a healer I get purge all the time.

    I ran Divine Favor for the longest time, because everyone said it was the best, but in PvP it is not really that great. It was burning up GCDs, that didn't result in a heal. And on top of that, you can't use it to heal yourself. Soul Stream can target anyone, and I don't have much of a problem with it being interrupted or LoSed. The fact that it is a channel I can cast while running I find very convenient.

    But to each their own, I would only suggest that a person, tries them both and uses what works best for them. PvP healing cannot be measured like raid healing; it is not just about HPS output, and people need to find a system that works for them.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

  5. #20
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,615

    Default

    You're entirely wrong.

    Cleric healing: Divine Favor
    Primalist healing: Ancestral Flame
    Warrior healing: Power Variation
    Rogue healing: Power Variation (or w/e it's called)
    Mage healing: Phantom Stream

    Honestly, the only spec I would even remotely suggest dropping DF ~might~ be Defiler because of how mana intensive it already and you can use @self Soul Stream for an extra CD on yourself. But I would still say to grab DF. And it doesn't even matter, no one good plays Defiler anymore and people refuse to even try it out because they'd rather rely on Sent.

    You always want DF for Cleric healing in PVP. Always.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-14-2016 at 11:23 AM.

  6. #21
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Just saying I am wrong is not an actual argument; I suggest you give Soul Stream a proper test run, and see how it feels.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

  7. #22
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Just saying I am wrong is not an actual argument; I suggest you give Soul Stream a proper test run, and see how it feels.
    I am telling you that you're wrong because the overall output of Divine Favor over a 15 minute WF far outweighs using an ability with a 60 second cooldown.

    I am also telling you that you're wrong because I have been healing as a Cleric in NMT since this crap came out and have always utilized Divine Favor because of how strong it is.

    Not grabbing Divine Favor is about as bad as not rebuffing for Faith Rewarded, Healer's Blessing, and Marked by the Light. Free healing is free healing and that's exactly why you want Divine Favor.

  8. #23
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I am telling you that you're wrong because the overall output of Divine Favor over a 15 minute WF far outweighs using an ability with a 60 second cooldown.

    I am also telling you that you're wrong because I have been healing as a Cleric in NMT since this crap came out and have always utilized Divine Favor because of how strong it is.

    Not grabbing Divine Favor is about as bad as not rebuffing for Faith Rewarded, Healer's Blessing, and Marked by the Light. Free healing is free healing and that's exactly why you want Divine Favor.
    You are viewing it like a raider, looking at over all HPS. The fact that you look at this way, makes me a bit apprehensive over your assessment of PvP healing.

    "I am also telling you that you're wrong because I have been healing as a Cleric in NMT since this crap came out and have always utilized Divine Favor because of how strong it is.
    "
    Who hasn't? A plead for authority is a weak argument.

    Also remember we are not talking about healing in NMT we are talking about healing in NMT PvP.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

  9. #24
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    I could go into a WF and spam warden heals like mad, top the HPS and look at it and say warden is hands down the best PvP healing spec. But that does not make it true, and while I am pumping mad HPS, my team mates are still dropping like flies.

    You can't justify Divine Favor on HPS output alone.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

  10. #25
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    You are viewing it like a raider, looking at over all HPS. The fact that you look at this way, makes me a bit apprehensive over your assessment of PvP healing.

    "I am also telling you that you're wrong because I have been healing as a Cleric in NMT since this crap came out and have always utilized Divine Favor because of how strong it is.
    "
    Who hasn't? A plead for authority is a weak argument.

    Also remember we are not talking about healing in NMT we are talking about healing in NMT PvP.
    It's okay to admit that you're wrong instead of making baseless arguments and taking things out of context.

    Soul Stream is horrible to take as a single-target healer. You want Divine Favor. Having DF on 3 targets that don't require you to even be directly healing them... that will receive healing from it (when it range). That is ~huge~ and is actually a larger "save" than what Soul Stream can offer.



    TL;DR DIVINE FAVOR


    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    I could go into a WF and spam warden heals like mad, top the HPS and look at it and say warden is hands down the best PvP healing spec. But that does not make it true, and while I am pumping mad HPS, my team mates are still dropping like flies.

    You can't justify Divine Favor on HPS output alone.
    With your reply right there, that's why you don't fully grasp my post. I am stating looking at overall individual values in a healing parse. I am not talking about the overall HPS you did over x minutes. I am talking about pure contributions from Divine Favor. When it's ~30-40% of your healing output, you can't overlook that whatsoever.

    I am justifying Divine Favor based on it's overall contributions over a 15 minute WF. It trumps Soul Stream.

    Stop trying to make Soul Stream happen, it's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-14-2016 at 12:06 PM.

  11. #26
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    It's okay to admit that you're wrong instead of making baseless arguments and taking things out of context.

    Soul Stream is horrible to take as a single-target healer. You want Divine Favor. Having DF on 3 targets that don't require you to even be directly healing them... that will receive healing from it (when it range). That is ~huge~ and is actually a larger "save" than what Soul Stream can offer.



    TL;DR DIVINE FAVOR




    With your reply right there, that's why you don't fully grasp my post. I am stating looking at overall individual values in a healing parse. I am not talking about the overall HPS you did over x minutes. I am talking about pure contributions from Divine Favor. When it's ~30-40% of your healing output, you can't overlook that whatsoever.

    I am justifying Divine Favor based on it's overall contributions over a 15 minute WF. It trumps Soul Stream.

    Stop trying to make Soul Stream happen, it's not going to happen.
    No need to get upset. It is OK for people to disagree.

    I don't worry about fluff healing, as there are already tons of healers who think fluff is the way to go. They see the HPS on the chart and they think that makes them a good healer. But PvP healing is more like being a surgeon than a water balloon. Your splash healing on the other targets does not really carry a bag impact (unless the need is for AE healing, and in certain times that is the call to make). I focus on ST heals, as I know that is the best way to keep people on their feet. The point here is not to get the highest hps, it is to keep people alive. Damage in PvP does not read like raid damage, it is vastly less predicable. On top of that there is constant background damage, and typically heals as well. This is what we call fluff, and as long as the fluff heals meets the background damage, you want to focus on ST heals, to counter focused and burst DPS. Only when background damage exceeds the constant fluff heals, do you want to switch to a more AE based healing setup.

    You can take or leave my advice as you want, it is no skin off my teeth.

    "Stop trying to make Soul Stream happen, it's not going to happen."

    I already speced, it already happen. If you use it I don't really care, that is your choice. You don't have to take my suggestion, I am not going to be offended if you want to follow along with the herd.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

  12. #27
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,615

    Default

    Hey, by all means pick up the wrong mastery. It doesn't change the fact that you're wrong no matter what convoluted replies you come back with.

    Divine Favor > Soul Stream

  13. #28
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Hey, by all means pick up the wrong mastery. It doesn't change the fact that you're wrong no matter what convoluted replies you come back with.

    Divine Favor > Soul Stream
    Whatever floats your boat, Riane.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

  14. #29
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    blah blah blah
    - Soul stream does not significantly scale with gear. Our HP does not go up from high end expert level to fully downbolstered gear. Divine favor, on the other hand, scales.
    - Soul stream can't crit, while divine favor can
    - A top geared sentinel can pull as much ST healing as soul stream with his/her other abilities - 18k hps over 3-4 seconds is very much doable
    - Soul stream has a one second delay, so it's not even a good last second clutch

    What's the point of taking soul stream if you can do as much output in the same time frame, PLUS heal other people that have your divine favor with normal abilities? It's not that good of a ST clutch CD, because it doesn't have that high of an output and is delayed. It can get interrupted or outranged, so it's much better in those areas than your normal abilities.

    If you need PV as a personal CD, position yourself better, actually target yourself, or just go defiler and UT yourself whenever you stick your toe out.

    You know why Riane and I are bothering to respond? It's because you're spreading misinformation.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-14-2016 at 01:55 PM.

  15. #30
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    - Soul stream does not significantly scale with gear. Our HP does not go up from high end expert level to fully downbolstered gear. Divine favor, on the other hand, scales.
    - Soul stream can't crit, while divine favor can
    - A top geared sentinel can pull as much ST healing as soul stream with his/her other abilities - 18k hps over 3-4 seconds is very much doable
    - Soul stream has a one second delay, so it's not even a good last second clutch

    What's the point of taking soul stream if you can do as much output in the same time frame, PLUS heal other people that have your divine favor with normal abilities? It's not that good of a ST clutch CD, because it doesn't have that high of an output and is delayed. It can get interrupted or outranged, so it's much better in those areas than your normal abilities.

    If you need PV as a personal CD, position yourself better, actually target yourself, or just go defiler and UT yourself whenever you stick your toe out.

    You know why Riane and I are bothering to respond? It's because you're spreading misinformation.
    " Soul stream does not significantly scale with gear."

    It does not really need to, it is a very massive heal, and if you seriously think hard cast sent spells, can match the same rapid burst healing as Soul Stream (maybe a double pop full heal could but not the cast time spells) than I think you need to do some actual WF testing rather than just the guesswork you are doing.

    "Soul stream has a one second delay, so it's not even a good last second clutch"

    As opposed to what? A cast time? Part of being a healer is timing your heals correctly, and keeping a close eye on your target's life pool. I really have no problem making use of Soul Stream to catch someone slipping, and nearly every time I pop that spell off someone is saved from death.

    "outranged"

    Soul stream once it hits, will not break due to range or LoS.

    "You know why Riane and I are bothering to respond? "

    I don't really care why you bother to response.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    Aristophanes (mage), Prometheus (cleric)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts