+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nuitaran

Thread: Warlock Guide 3.0

Default Warlock Guide 3.0

Disclaimer: This is my first guide and I am sure it is not 100% optimized but I have had a lot of success with it and fun. It likely has room for improvement and I am open to suggestions. That said, the guide/build does work in the state presented and should offer a good amount of damage, sustain, and CC.

61 Warlock / 9 Necromancer / 6 Harbinger

This build is a bit different than the Pyromancer as it relies on Damage over Time abilities. Many will initially argue that these abilities will be cleansed and will therefore make it pointless for you to even play a Warlock. Nonetheless, the amount of detrimental spells this class will put down will greatly overwhelm most cleanses. It has seen great strength in 3.0 due to the Mastery Ability: Arcane Manipulation.

The stacks of arcane manipulation hitting in conjunction with Conflux after a Void Barrage refresh can cause tremendous damage. Conflux will hit for around five - six times if (death's door) procs, which hit for around 12,000 damage per hit, Arcane Manipulation hitting for roughly the same amount. This equates to well over 200,000 damage instantly with all damage over time effects and void barrage, on the first tick.

If your opponent lacks damage reduction they will likely lose half their health from a single Void Barrage.

Mastery:

Level 61 Mastery: I chose Final Breath for the damage it will do when your DoTs are cleansed. It will deal Ethereal Damage equal to 50% of your spell power when cleansed.

Level 62 Mastery: Healing Expertise: Causes Dark Touch to apply Neddra's Grasp.

Level 63 Mastery: Combat Alacrity will compensate for the lack of movement the Warlock has.

Level 64 Mastery: Sparking Destruction increases damage as most Warlock abilities are instant.

Level 65 Mastery: Arcane Manipulation

Buffs:

Dark Armor
    Neddra's Might
    Lightning Blade

Standard Rotation:

Dark Touch -> Defile -> Atrophy -> Necrosis -> Blazing Light -> Arcane Manipulation (if off cooldown, MUST come before refresh) -> Refresh Macro -> Spam Macro.

Wait for Dark Touch to tick down while spamming your main macro. Reapply Dark Touch and begin the rotation when it is nearly done ticking. Repeat as necessary.

Crowd Control:

The Warlock has two interrupts, one that debilitates, two fears (one instant). The single target fear has a cast bar and is only ideal if you're at the back/mid-line in relative safety. Mass Fear is instant.

How I arrange my bar:

Top Row: Neddra's Essence (Bound), Fear (Bound), Mass Fear (Bound), Choke (Bound), Aversion (Bound), Radiate Death (AOE - Bound), Consuming Agony[Macro](Bound), Skeletal Knight, Skeletal Zealot

Bottom Row: Spam Macro, Dark Touch, Defile, Atrophy, Necrosis, Blazing Light, Arcane Manipulation, Refresh Macro

Macros:

Spam
    #show Void Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Conflux
    cast Death's Door
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Empowered Darkness
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast [notactive] contaminate

Refresh:
    #show Void Barrage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Void Barrage
    cast Persist

Proc:
    #show Consuming Agony
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Consuming Agony
    cast Void Bolt

Swap:
    Target Dot Swap:
    #show salvage corruption
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui salvage corruption
    cast @mouseoverui deathly pall
    Last edited by Visionmaker; 01-15-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Sword of Telara

Whilst not much of a warlock player myself, I do have a few questions...

Firstly, why no mortality on the bar somewhere? Although it's not amazing surely it has its moments?

Now, onto the spam macro. Surely you should be trying to make the most of the void barrage burst, so should reserve a few things for it? Putting conflux and AM in the spam macro is counterproductive for this as you throw away a fair proportion of your burst by doing so. Empowered darkness also makes the most sense to use when bursting. With that setup, presumably you throw all your DoTs on and THEN use SL: D and empowered darkness (do these overwrite each other? If so it's really wasteful) to empower your... spam macro.

Neddra's torture is the other one that confuses me a bit. Whilst I can see some benefit of using it on CD at whatever you're pointing (namely that you need less buttons) but it isn't always appropriate, such as when your target is about to die, and in that case it's best to use it on another target.

Draining bolt it surely better when you can benefit from the healing effect, but it's a small thing, really.

That macro is really far away from being optimal, most glaring thing is that you won't use Sacrifice Life: Damage at all, as Contaminate will overwrite it every time you press the button. You really want to have at least Contaminate away from that spam, ideally, you don't want to have any buffs there.

Thats spec is too ez frag for assassins.
    Rift 3.5 PvP Rogue by Pioneerka
    Quietly stab in the back of his victim, he listens to the last words from Pioneerka: "Don't worry, be happy" =)

Why in gods name would you use dark armor over warlock armor?

Other warlocks might punch me for giving this away, but try this.

At the very least take ED, SL, and Conflux OUT of your spam macro. Put up all your dots, spam macro a bit using CA on procs, when the dots tick down, salvage them and immediately reapply them. When your target (or any target in range for that matter) is below about 40%, salvage your dots and hit this macro on the target that is below 40%.

#show Empowered Darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Darkness
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Conflux
    cast Deathly Pall
    cast Void Barrage

watch them explode
    Last edited by Nuitaran; 01-29-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    KABOOM!

Thank you for taking the time to roll this all out. I have been playing this game for a bit now and I love playing lock, however I am wondering about Warlock Armor and its place with this build?
    I have been using lock armor rather than the dark armor am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

I don't understand you warlock people. A single fireball does more damage then 90% of warlock abilities.

You see warlocks high in the damage tree? Oh thats because they can spread the dots, that do next to no damage, and THEN they can keep up with the ST Specs.

You see warlocks with high KB in the KB scale? Oh, that's because they can spread the dots so that they get the last tick on people that had their hp reduced by people playing correct pvp specs.

Warlock is rubbish, and always will be until it is updated.

Phs

Not Grims stormlock though so it's not good

/cutsself

Gilgad

I don't understand you warlock people. A single fireball does more damage then 90% of warlock abilities.

You see warlocks high in the damage tree? Oh thats because they can spread the dots, that do next to no damage, and THEN they can keep up with the ST Specs.

You see warlocks with high KB in the KB scale? Oh, that's because they can spread the dots so that they get the last tick on people that had their hp reduced by people playing correct pvp specs.

Warlock is rubbish, and always will be until it is updated.
    Not really, In fact maybe it comes down to people wanting to play something different, the dps is decent if you know what your doing and the spell rotation, it is also a high survival rate...The more I watch my lock unfold the more pyro class goes in a corner and cries..., this spec is highly under rated and its because people are effin lazy plain and simple. THIS role demands intelligence, not just a cookie cutter outfit you can guarantee everyone knows...
    I chose a different route though, I chose to have heals and procs toward my intel which just increases my dmg...I think again people are lazy so they don't want to try lock because it does take some talent...so rubbish , I don't think so.....I think that most people just either don't know how to play lock or they suck at it, simple.

correct pvp specs? lol
    Last edited by MissGreen; 12-01-2015 at 02:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread